Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 89038 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Haazen)
« Reply #480 on: November 06, 2016, 09:04:19 AM »
Looks good, off to share.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #481 on: November 08, 2016, 04:42:13 AM »
Made the Solo twins, first Jacen, or Darth Caedus, gave him both a red, and green saber for the option. He's made from a Death Star Trooper, simple right? He's black to begin with, so no wear, had to slightly mod the belt to get the current one over it, made the cape, cut the chest armor out of styrene, and swapped the head with a cast of the Hasbro Jacen Solo. I love the way he turned out, wish Hasbro would have made this version, maybe with a sith eyes head swap?

He's for sale here if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Jacen-Solo-Darth-Caedus-3-75in-figure-jedi-sith-mandalorian-EU-/351899564526?hash=item51eed939ee:g:cqwAAOSw5cNYIN3M
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:29:34 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #482 on: November 08, 2016, 04:52:15 AM »
The other half of the Solo twins, "Sword of the Jedi" Jaina Solo. This is the DarthArmoressCustoms 2.0 version, I think the outfit isn't as accurate, but the base figure is black, so no wear. She's a slightly modified Marvel Universe Black Widow, with a repainted MU Psylocke head.

She's listed here if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-New-Jedi-Order-Jaina-Solo-3-75in-figure-sith-mandalorian-EU-/351899541111?hash=item51eed8de77:g:vWcAAOSwMVdYINpP
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:30:37 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (The Solo Twins)
« Reply #483 on: November 09, 2016, 03:39:21 AM »
I like them, especially Jacen. Off to share along with your auctions.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #484 on: November 09, 2016, 09:24:49 PM »
I like them, especially Jacen. Off to share along with your auctions.

Thanks Tamer, I especially like Jacen as well, he looks spot on to the way the jackwagon looked at Mara Jade's funeral (for those who don't know, he killed his aunt Mara, and then showed up to the funeral).

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #485 on: November 09, 2016, 09:44:45 PM »
Finished another one already, from the cinematic trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic, Jedi Battlmaster Kao Cen Darach. Turned out pretty sweet, bought a bunch of the base figure for this one so I can make Ven Zallow, and Sith Warrior figures. It's a G.I. Joe figure with the Accelerator Suit, and this one's mostly a repaint, a little black wash too, for it looked pretty flat on it's own, with a Darth Maul head, and a slightly modified robe. The double sided blue saber has magnets in it allowing the blades to come off, it's cool, but it's more for practical reasons considering double sided sabers brake easier in shipping because they're typically glued together.

If anyone is interested, he's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Zabrak-Jedi-Master-Kao-Cen-Darach-3-75in-figure-sith-mando-EU-/351901759017?hash=item51eefab629%3Ag%3AR6QAAOSwal5YI-nN
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:20:55 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Kao Cen Darach)
« Reply #486 on: November 10, 2016, 03:26:51 AM »
Wow back with another great one already. Time to go share again.

Just what I remember from those old video game trailers. Man I can remember those blowing my mind at the time. I can remember this guy and Shan in a ship battle where he holds em off while they get out of there.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #487 on: November 11, 2016, 07:50:49 AM »
Just happened to see this latest one on the front page and just had to swing by and comment on a very nice job here. That particular G.I. Joe figure is a great base for those SW:TOR Jedi and Sith, and if you mix it up with the GI Joe RoC Duke and Heavy Duty in Reactive Impact Armour figures, you're all set for creating quite a collection of Jedi and Sith.

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #488 on: November 12, 2016, 12:33:36 PM »
Great custom of an awesome character! Thanks for sharing!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #489 on: November 16, 2016, 11:18:29 PM »
Turned out great! I really do like that accelerator suit for battle armor.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #490 on: November 17, 2016, 07:34:28 PM »
Wow back with another great one already. Time to go share again.

Just what I remember from those old video game trailers. Man I can remember those blowing my mind at the time. I can remember this guy and Shan in a ship battle where he holds em off while they get out of there.

I know, those vids were crazy, I would have watched a feature length film like those.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #491 on: November 17, 2016, 07:43:10 PM »
Just happened to see this latest one on the front page and just had to swing by and comment on a very nice job here. That particular G.I. Joe figure is a great base for those SW:TOR Jedi and Sith, and if you mix it up with the GI Joe RoC Duke and Heavy Duty in Reactive Impact Armour figures, you're all set for creating quite a collection of Jedi and Sith.

Thanks Mr. Black I've been looking at those other armor sets you mentioned since the accelerator suit a is decent match I'd prefer something closer, but certain size differences are in my way, so I'll be experimenting. Speaking of experimenting, I also have a pretty cool Reactive Impact Armor/Marvel Universe mix in the works. Here's a quick pic, talk a bit more about it later, but can anybody guess what I'm making?.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #492 on: November 17, 2016, 07:44:52 PM »
Great custom of an awesome character! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Clone Crazy, happy to share here at the yards.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #493 on: November 17, 2016, 07:47:17 PM »
Turned out great! I really do like that accelerator suit for battle armor.

Thanks Starchaser, I do too, that's why I bought 18, or so, just a few. On ebay I think there are some left pretty cheap, especially if you buy a few.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #494 on: November 17, 2016, 07:57:19 PM »
Other than a little snipet of an update in response to Mr. Black's comment, here are to recent finishes. First up Lord Skere Kaan, former Jedi Master, leader of the Brotherhood of Darkness, betrayed by Darth Bane into unleashing the thought bomb, killing off the brotherhood so Bane could set forth the Rule of Two. Personally I hate the Rule of Two, I believe more in the the Revan, Malak approach, but I can see why Bane would see the need for it with the crap the Brotherhood was doing. He's a comic Luke, mixed with Vader, a Talon Karrde head, and custom soft goods.

He's listed here if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Lord-Skere-Kaan-3-75in-figure-sith-mandalorian-darth-jedi-EU-/351905916062?hash=item51ef3a249e:g:rNIAAOSw44BYKuPF
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 03:49:32 AM by Tamer »