Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 88974 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Time to take this to the pages. Nice work.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Nice job! I really like how Tahiri turned out.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Thanks guys, next up I have some 6in work I did for a customer. First I made a Return of the Jedi Boba Fett with removable helmet. I cut the neck from Jango, and put it on Boba so the head, and Jango helmet fit right. Then repainted the Jango helm, and Boba body to match his appearance in RotJ.

Attached a few pics, but there are more here if you'd like: https://www.facebook.com/DarthArmoressCustoms/posts/897972697000732

Second I sculpt on the scar on, and painted a Jango head cast for Commander Cody. I see why many customizers prefer to work in 6in, the details are way easier to paint on like the eyes, can use a brush, and not like needle points on 3.75in.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Boba, and Cody)
« Reply #468 on: October 25, 2016, 02:56:10 AM »
I really like that removable helmet Boba Fett. So wish they would do that one and release it. Nice work. Your Cody is good too. Off to share.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #469 on: October 25, 2016, 03:54:25 AM »
Sweet ROTJ fett! Out of all the manufacturers making 6" figures none of them make an ROTJ Fett.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #470 on: October 25, 2016, 09:58:16 AM »
Sweet ROTJ fett! Out of all the manufacturers making 6" figures none of them make an ROTJ Fett.

Thanks JDeck, I noticed that too, I think it's because empire is the more popular movie, but then again I think the toy style preference switches over time. Looking a my collection, the only empire version I have is super articulated 3.75, and 6in, everything before that is the RotJ version. So maybe in a few years we'll get one? I don't see why not, granted I'd like a professional version to retool the gauntlets, and belt, but a repaint would be a cheap repack that would keep figures moving for Hasbro anyway.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #471 on: October 25, 2016, 10:08:39 AM »
I really like that removable helmet Boba Fett. So wish they would do that one and release it. Nice work. Your Cody is good too. Off to share.

Thanks Tamer, I hope Hasbro makes something similar too. Hasbro should be able to just replace the ball joint for the Boba head, and the Jango head would fit. From there just cast the Jango helm in another color, and paint it accordingly. Would be a nice filler figure rather than some of the silly figures, and repack choices we've seen over the years.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #472 on: October 25, 2016, 11:07:55 PM »
Boba Fett and Commander Cody both turned out really well. You did a fantastic job painting the Boba Fett. I can totally see what you mean about details being easier in 6 inch. The scar on Cody looks really good.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #473 on: October 26, 2016, 02:55:26 AM »
Love the clones mate and the heads really sell these.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #474 on: October 27, 2016, 02:49:10 AM »
I so agree, I don't see how Hasbro doesn't have the same clarity. At least make removable helmet versions of all the troopers.

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #475 on: November 02, 2016, 07:56:35 AM »
Mandalore25, Nice work on Boba Fett and Cody

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #476 on: November 05, 2016, 10:47:44 PM »
Boba Fett and Commander Cody both turned out really well. You did a fantastic job painting the Boba Fett. I can totally see what you mean about details being easier in 6 inch. The scar on Cody looks really good.

Thanks Starchaser, I'm still pretty amused by my paint on the Cody head in comparison to the stock Hasbro one on the Boba, the eyes really bring it, where I actually do the same detailing on the 3.75in figures eyes, but sadly even in hand one can hardly tell.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #477 on: November 05, 2016, 11:09:09 PM »
Love the clones mate and the heads really sell these.

Ron

I so agree, I don't see how Hasbro doesn't have the same clarity. At least make removable helmet versions of all the troopers.

Thanks Tamer, and Ron, hopefully Hasbroken will do more, and up the caliber, I'd be more inclined to buy if the heads looked more like mine, not into this price goes up, quality goes down crap, especially when the Marvel Legends line has quality.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #478 on: November 05, 2016, 11:10:18 PM »
Mandalore25, Nice work on Boba Fett and Cody

Thanks Foxtrot Delta, I really appreciate it.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #479 on: November 05, 2016, 11:25:42 PM »
I give you all Haazen from the Knights of the Old Republic comics, neither Jedi, nor Sith, but aspiring to be something more! Haazen's design has always intrigued me, and with a Terminator figure I felt it was time to bring him to life. He's a shirtless Darth Maul with the arm, and legs removed to be replaced with Terminator parts. The arm in the modified socket, had to cut the arm off, and drill the pin out, but the legs are heavily glued on, fully moving yet firmly attached. His head is an ep. III Anakin with some more hair sculpt on, the shoulder plates are sculpt too.

For anyone interested, he's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-KotOR-Haazen-3-75in-figure-sith-mandalorian-darth-jedi-EU-/351898132467?hash=item51eec35ff3:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 09:00:10 AM by Tamer »