Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 89335 times)

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Link, Jedi, Sith, Zannah, Fives)
« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2016, 04:48:37 PM »
Was going through my list of characters I'd like to make at some point, and found Keelyvine Reus from The Clone Wars web comics. Pretty badass dual wielding jedi general, really love the character, thinking to make her clone commander Ganch sometime as well. When I saw her in the list I realized I had all the parts for her, and had to put her together. She's mainly a vintage collection Barriss Offee, with a clone wars Padme, and Marvel Universe Valkyrie arms. I sculpt the bun, and made the soft goods with a little extra on the edges so they can liquid stitched down for no fraying. To get the flow as it currently has I ran warm water over the lower half for ten minutes, and it worked very well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Jedi-Knight-Keelyvine-Reus-figure-sith-clone-mandalorian-EU-/351720847710?hash=item51e432395e%3Ag%3AJMAAAOSwubRXI9BK

« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:09:42 AM by Tamer »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Keelyvine Reus)
« Reply #391 on: April 30, 2016, 02:21:35 PM »
Really nice job on Keelyvine. The parts combination works well and your soft goods are outstanding. She's a fun character as well. Excellent work as always.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Keelyvine Reus)
« Reply #392 on: May 02, 2016, 08:13:54 AM »
I am a couple days removed and need to get caught up. She looks great on the front page.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Amora the Enchantress)
« Reply #393 on: May 02, 2016, 10:32:26 PM »
Trying to get into 6 inch figures more with this Marvel Legends Amora the Enchantress. Mostly a repaint of a Scarlet Witch, made the skirt, and sculpt the belt. I did use VHT Vinyl Dye on her lower half, and it's really cool stuff, feels like the figure was always black, definitely the best spray I've used on a figure.

If anyone is interested, she's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-6-Marvel-Legends-Amora-the-Enchantress-figure-thor-loki-odin-valkyrie-/351723383985?hash=item51e458ecb1:g:q4cAAOSwhRxXKCdN

« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:02:54 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #394 on: May 03, 2016, 03:07:52 AM »
Looks good to me. Off to share.

Offline jon_k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #395 on: May 05, 2016, 01:42:08 PM »
I noticed a while back you were talking about casting your own lightsabers, any chance you would mind giving a quick rundown of how you do it? I've been trying to figure out how to do an orange one for a while now.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #396 on: May 11, 2016, 02:36:16 AM »
Made Maw the Dark Jedi from Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. Used a Marvel Universe Hulk as the base, ripped the legs off, sculpt the repulsorlift lower half, and sculpt the head. Cut up a robot, and put the pieces on the repulsorlift to make it look more electronic, the game wasn't too detailed, so made some things up there. Used some jewelry wire for all the wires coming out of him. Gave him a fancy stand so he can float around in a variety of ways.

If anyone is interested, he's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Dark-Jedi-Maw-3-75in-figure-sith-mandalorian-kyle-katarn-EU-/351730913612?hash=item51e4cbd14c%3Ag%3AJckAAOSwcL5XMt4f

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:55:43 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Dark Jedi Maw)
« Reply #397 on: May 11, 2016, 03:01:56 AM »
Pretty cool. Off to share.

What is that stand you are using to display him. I like that too.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #398 on: May 11, 2016, 03:11:43 AM »
Pretty cool. Off to share.

What is that stand you are using to display him. I like that too.

Thanks Tamer, here's an Amazon link to the stands: http://www.amazon.com/Obitsu-MLST-A01C-Body-Clear-Stand/dp/B002T3TXEK/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1462961198&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=Obitsu+Body+Flying+stand+-CLEAR- They're pretty cool, work better for 6in figures, same kind I used with Zora Link a while back.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 04:48:40 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #399 on: May 11, 2016, 04:49:38 AM »
Thank you. I will get a link for those on the front page! I am trying to put some side things on there like the Tamashii Nations effects and helpful customizing things.

Offline Forceflow

• Ensign
  • Droid, please!
    • Forceflow's Special Modifications
« Reply #400 on: May 11, 2016, 03:20:09 PM »
Yes! Dark Forces love! Great work.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #401 on: May 13, 2016, 10:48:32 PM »
Thank you. I will get a link for those on the front page! I am trying to put some side things on there like the Tamashii Nations effects and helpful customizing things.

Speaking of side things, the fancy markers I use for tattoos dried out so I had to track them down, found them with really quickly this time, and I believe someone asked me what I used on tattoos before, so here's another Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Faber-Castell-Wallet-Pitt-Nibs-Assorted/dp/B005HF562K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1463204355&sr=8-4&keywords=faber+castell I like them for they don't leave sticky, or shiny lines behind like sharpies. They're also good for dotting pupils, and touch ups.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 05:01:10 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #402 on: May 13, 2016, 10:49:53 PM »
Yes! Dark Forces love! Great work.

Thanks! I have a Gorc, and Pic in the works too!

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #403 on: May 13, 2016, 11:25:31 PM »
I noticed a while back you were talking about casting your own lightsabers, any chance you would mind giving a quick rundown of how you do it? I've been trying to figure out how to do an orange one for a while now.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get to you question, I've moved twice now, and have to move again yet, but now have found time to dig the mold out. So the first attached pic is the mold (left), and what I made it in (right). I poured Amazing (the brand) mold rubber in the tube, glued the saber to a Popsicle stick to form a "T", and lowered it in. When it set I cut it out of the tube, the cut the saber out in a zigzag pattern (helps the mold form back together). Making a cast I hold the mold open with one hand, and pour in the clear resin with orange dye in like it with the other hand. This is spendy, and takes practice to get good with the molding product, so I suggest investing in the second pic, cocktail swords. Translucent, assortment of colors, right size, right shape, cheap, and easy to make many blades. You can also just get clear ones, and paint them any color with translucent paints. Hope this helps, if not I'd ask someone more proficient in mold making how they would go about it.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #404 on: May 13, 2016, 11:38:06 PM »
Made this Clone Wars Kix with a figure mailed in from a customer, really just a repaint with weathering, but I like it, not too big a fan of the Medic symbols though...