Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 89005 times)

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Fives, Visas, Vergere WIP)
« Reply #360 on: February 24, 2016, 12:14:55 PM »
Awesomeness lovin the arc trooper 5ives, the visas marr and the wip of vergere is great also. Can't wait to see it finished.
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #361 on: February 25, 2016, 03:44:35 AM »
Nice update, off to share.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #362 on: February 25, 2016, 07:53:56 AM »
Good choice of a base figure of Luminara for Visas Marr.  Nice soft goods work too.  How did you do the veil, and I'd love to see more of the detail of the gold border.
Sweet sculpting on Vergere.  Can't wait for the paint.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #363 on: February 29, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »
Awesomeness lovin the arc trooper 5ives, the visas marr and the wip of vergere is great also. Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks Ajunta, I have a coupe days off here, so I'm hoping to get her done real soon, and am excited to see her finished as well.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #364 on: February 29, 2016, 08:28:43 PM »
Good choice of a base figure of Luminara for Visas Marr.  Nice soft goods work too.  How did you do the veil, and I'd love to see more of the detail of the gold border.
Sweet sculpting on Vergere.  Can't wait for the paint.

Thanks Sjefke, I attached a closer photo of the back of Visas's head but it turned out all blurry, camera's not powerful enough, but the intent behind the trim is for standard distance viewing. What I do is lightly brush gold paint on to the cloth, so some of the red can be seen, to resemble the pattern she actually has, so upon close inspection it would actually look like a poor paint job. The rest of the attached pics are how to make the veil, using paper as I think it will be easier to demonstrate. First the initial shape of the veil is a square with a rectangle on the bottom, you could round the upper corners if you wanted, I just prefer the corners, but what is important is that the bottom rectangle be held on by about half the length of it, so cut in a quarter in on each side. Second, put the rectangle over the eyes, and glue it on rounded to the head. Third step is to pull the square down to the shoulders where it will now overlap the edges of the rectangle, and glue as necessary. I have it glued in a number of spots to keep it draped properly, you can always go back and glue more down later, I also recommend using liquid stitch/fabric glue for the hole process. Last refer to the first pic, and pull the back corners back together, and glue, or sew them together. I also glued the back tip of the veil to the figure to keep it draped properly, but use as little as possible to keep at least natural movement of the head. You can paint the gold trim on before, or after, personally since I've done it both ways now, I prefer after. Hopefully between the pics, and the explanation it all makes sense. Glad to answer any questions, hope it helps.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Visas's Veil)
« Reply #365 on: February 29, 2016, 11:00:23 PM »
Great updates! Celeste turned out spectacular. I really was hoping Hasbro would get to her before they killed the EU.

Visas Marr is really phenom! The soft goods really worked well. Kudos on a job well done. Vergere is looking really, really good. I can't wait to see her finished.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #366 on: March 01, 2016, 07:18:24 PM »
Great updates! Celeste turned out spectacular. I really was hoping Hasbro would get to her before they killed the EU.

Visas Marr is really phenom! The soft goods really worked well. Kudos on a job well done. Vergere is looking really, really good. I can't wait to see her finished.

I was hoping they'd just keep making EU figures, they sold the best, and the aftermarket for them is crazy because of their demand. Where I'm amused how the value of my collection is rising, it doesn't make up for not getting any more characters from good Star Wars.

Thanks, I'm about to post the finished Vergere...

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #367 on: March 01, 2016, 07:44:58 PM »
Finished Vergere, super pumped for this one, she turned out superb. Snapped a quick pic beforehand so you could see the parts I used, a Geonosian lower half, Plo Koon body and hands, Luminara Unduli arms, and before I sculpt the head, it was a Geonosian head turned to face backwards for the shape. The lower robes, are cut from a jedi outer robe, the hood is from a clone wars Plo Koon, and the pouch is from a Cad Bane.

If anyone is interested, she's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-New-Jedi-Order-Vergere-3-75in-figure-sith-mandalorian-krayt-EU-/351667290546?hash=item51e10101b2:g:ej8AAOSwP~tW1jvb
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:57:30 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Vergere)
« Reply #368 on: March 02, 2016, 03:00:53 AM »
Wow, that is sweet. Off to share it and your auction!

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Vergere)
« Reply #369 on: March 07, 2016, 03:28:11 PM »
Thanks Tamer, today I have a "Star Wars: Bounty Hunter" video game style Montross that I made for a customer. The main figure is Boba Fett, with the feet switched out for Jango's, and Talon Karrde forearms.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:31:26 PM by Mandalore25 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Montross)
« Reply #370 on: March 08, 2016, 03:30:36 AM »
This new one sure does look good on the front page. I like the color scheme.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #371 on: March 12, 2016, 01:12:08 PM »
Montross turned out well. the use of Karrde's arms was a great idea. Vergere - well, what is there to say? She turned out brilliantly. Great parts choice, great sculpting, great paint apps. Really wonderful figure.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #372 on: March 24, 2016, 02:33:23 AM »
Montross turned out well. the use of Karrde's arms was a great idea. Vergere - well, what is there to say? She turned out brilliantly. Great parts choice, great sculpting, great paint apps. Really wonderful figure.

Thanks Starchaser, Montross was really fun to work on, and Vergere I'm pleased to say she sold already for full asking price, so more fun sculpts like her's will be on the way as soon as I finish my orders.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #373 on: March 24, 2016, 02:49:56 AM »
Made these two sith, Darth Wroth, and Darth Anarcis, from the Fan Film "Star Wars: Contract of Evil" for a customer. Sculpt Wroth's hair, rearranged their horns, and pointed their ears. This one wasn't simple, for there aren't any decent pictures of them, a couple of Wroth were helpful, but mostly I just watched the film over and over pausing it to get the right angles.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Darth Wroth and Darth Anarcis)
« Reply #374 on: March 24, 2016, 02:56:36 AM »
Looks good, off to share.