Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 89385 times)

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Zeltron)
« Reply #330 on: January 05, 2016, 05:34:29 AM »
I have to agree about the big hair, where it makes a Peg Bundy looking Mara jade, it definitely comes in handy in cases like this dancer. I'm still not to keen on the defined face shape, especially for a Mara Jade.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #331 on: January 09, 2016, 04:42:58 PM »
Fun customs, I hope your client enjoys them.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #332 on: January 11, 2016, 09:42:05 PM »
Fun customs, I hope your client enjoys them.

Thanks Starchaser, my client is very happy with them, for they remind him of the comics he's read, like the dancer's right out of the old Marvel, and the jedi's right out of Dark Horse. I miss dark horse, the new Star Wars comics are boring.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #333 on: January 11, 2016, 10:19:45 PM »
Had a busy day, made 4 figures. First a Sullustan Jedi.

Available here if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Sullustan-Jedi-yoda-sith-mandalorian-clone-darth-kenobi-EU-/351627222482?hash=item51de9d9dd2:g:bpIAAOSwYIhWlApm

Next is a mythic crossover, a Minotaur Jedi. A seller that makes cast heads had these Minotaur heads, and I thought they were super cool, so I picked up some. The body is from Qui-Gon Jinn, the arms are from a CW Chewbacca, and the legs are cut from Lak Sivrak, with hooves sculpt at the ends.

He's available here if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Crossover-Minotaur-Jedi-sith-mandalorian-clone-darth-EU-/351627209218?hash=item51de9d6a02:g:nYMAAOSwwPhWlAii

Third is another crossover, a Predator Mandalorian. I find this combo very fitting, and like the way he turned out. He's made from that Funko retro action figure line's Predator (the head, shoulder cannon, and claw on right arm), and a Jango Fett.

Available here if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Crossover-Predator-Mandalorian-3-75in-figure-jedi-sith-darth-EU-/351627197991?hash=item51de9d3e27:g:a6MAAOSwYIhWlAHS

Last I sculpt this Male Togruta head on this Jedi that sold already. Not overly happy with it myself, well love the sculpt, turned out exactly as I pictured it, the paint job just wasn't there. Still something with blue paint I have problems with, this brand it wears off by touch, and the clear coat picks it up as I put that on. Frustrated me, and then I was on tilt, but maybe it's just me, it did sell already.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:59:36 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (4 new figures)
« Reply #334 on: January 12, 2016, 04:09:37 AM »
Nice, time for some page and social channel love.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (4 new figures)
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2016, 11:47:31 PM »
Made this Tyvokka for a customer, and I'm very pleased with how he looks, pretty darn close to the comic reference, complete with slightly curved wood hilt yellow saber.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Tyvokka)
« Reply #336 on: January 19, 2016, 05:48:41 AM »
Very nice. Off to share.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Tyvokka)
« Reply #337 on: January 19, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »
Thanks Tamer, here's my Republic Commando Gregor, form the Clone Wars episode "Missing in Action." I love commandos, personally I'm not one for first person shooters, but "Republic Commando" is an amazing game. Though now that The Clone Wars is still canon throws a monkey wrench in things for the commandos show up in clone wars making them cannon, but not their stories, it's just weird. He's made from the clone wars Commando Boss, but he comes with some odd cable pack, does anyone like those? Even as a kid I didn't like them, or most missile firing accessories, would rather it be more character accurate, so I took one from a realistic styled commando, seems to work fine.

If anyone is interested, he's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Clone-Wars-Commando-Gregor-3-75in-figure-jedi-sith-mandalorian-/351633946824?hash=item51df0438c8%3Ag%3ArTEAAOSwX%7EdWnpCX

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Republic Commando Gregor)
« Reply #338 on: January 19, 2016, 04:56:24 PM »
Cool updates! Tyvokka is great and I love the Minotaur Jedi. Really, really nice job on the Gregor paint applications.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2016, 03:06:40 AM »
Wow, I like this one too. I tripped down memory lane with this front page posting. I count Republic Commando as my favorite one person shooter of all time. I am playing Destiny right now and while it is pretty cool it pales in comparison to RC. Nowadays, there just seems to be too much control, if you know what I mean, while RC was instinctive and easy to get on target. Great custom figure.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #340 on: January 20, 2016, 10:01:57 AM »
Cool updates! Tyvokka is great and I love the Minotaur Jedi. Really, really nice job on the Gregor paint applications.

Thanks Starchaser, the Minotaur jedi turned out well, and is something unique to get me recognized a bit. The paint apps turned out pretty well on Gregor, as the designer, my only complaint is on the back of the head the white I painted on didn't blend in well, otherwise every detail got me pretty excited, for even the tally marks are super close to the way they are in the cartoon. I used a fancy fine tipped permanent marker to make the tally marks.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #341 on: January 20, 2016, 10:18:15 AM »
Wow, I like this one too. I tripped down memory lane with this front page posting. I count Republic Commando as my favorite one person shooter of all time. I am playing Destiny right now and while it is pretty cool it pales in comparison to RC. Nowadays, there just seems to be too much control, if you know what I mean, while RC was instinctive and easy to get on target. Great custom figure.

I know what you mean, to my knowledge, RC remains a pretty unique game to this day for the AI is the best there has every been, it really made me feel like I was in charge of my squad when I could order one of them to take a position while I cover them, or order one to jump on a turret. Hands down my favorite first person shooter, but is extremely underrated today for the market's constant flood of FPS. If Disney remade it just like the old one, that would be a step in a direction to get me back on board, but Disney would never agree to something so violent. Overall the new canon is super child friendly, the movie is the least, but that movie didn't do it for me. They really need to cater to full audience again, the end of The Clone Wars was getting to a general audience point, but canceled for Rebels an even more childish show than season one of CW. Bringing RC back, and KOTOR or a complete remake, like from the ground up (I hate it when they call enhanced graphics versions remakes), that tell a slightly new story but stays true to the old would be a bridge to the new canon for me.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #342 on: January 20, 2016, 06:27:01 PM »
Made this custom Mandalorian with an interesting design, the head is from Mcquarrie concept Boba, the body, upper arms, upper legs are from Boba Fett, the lower legs are Scout trooper, and the lower arms are from an imperial gunner. Looks neat to me.

He's listed here if anyone is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Mandalorian-darth-sith-jedi-clone-kenobi-fett-mandalore-EU-/351633358079?hash=item51defb3cff:g:1aEAAOSw-zxWnchZ
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 03:24:54 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Mandalorian)
« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2016, 03:29:48 AM »
Great color scheme. Off to the pages.

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Mandalorian)
« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2016, 11:45:58 PM »
Love the gregor. Ive been meaning to make him but never get around to it. I really like how yours turned out. Good job!
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....