Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 88973 times)

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Red Figma Link armed OoT style)
« Reply #300 on: November 19, 2015, 05:07:12 AM »
I appreciate the information and your honest opinion. I am gonna give it a look see on amazon and list it for folks to try. You sure have made it look pretty fantastic with your shield thats for sure.
It's cool, I'm always on the lookout for interesting stuff to make my customs better.
Here's an amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/Alumilite-Amazing-Mold-Putty-0-66-Pound/dp/B0058VAG5A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447933950&sr=8-1&keywords=amazing+mold
It's actually a bit cheaper than when I got mine, you can get the resin, and putty for under $30 right now, but I'd stay away from the mold release it tries to sell you, personally I think it's completely unnecessary unless you have a complicated mold. Though it's not the greatest when it comes to complexity, due to the 1-2 min molding time (keep it in mind, for the greater amount you mix, the less time you have to put in on what your molding), but you can also add putty in sections, just weld the sections together while molding. Makes a crease in the mold, but you can sand it out of the casts you make.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:55:55 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #301 on: November 19, 2015, 05:34:09 AM »
Since I got the mold, of the mirror shield, I'm Starting to sell them Painted, and unpainted.
For painted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Legend-of-Zelda-OoT-Figma-Link-action-figure-scale-painted-Mirror-Sheild-/351582295690?hash=item51dbf0168a%3Ag%3An5MAAOSwIwhWTFyS

For unpainted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Legend-of-Zelda-OoT-Figma-Link-actionfigure-scale-unpainted-Mirror-Sheild-/351582298596?hash=item51dbf021e4%3Ag%3ABO8AAOSw6dNWTGLL

Might not be the best place to share them, but maybe someone will be interested in a shield. I've also been working on a Zora Link (because I can never just work on one thing at a time), and he's coming along superb. Sculpt the head myself, then sprayed him with Tamiya Coral Blue, and the figure took the paint crazy well, there is almost zero paint wear. Didn't focus on painting the boots for they're to be sculpt, and painted brown yet. Planning on doing some fins for the arms, probably detachable via magnet, and hopefully his fish bone guitar with another set of hands so he can play it, depends how long it takes to make him alone. Thinking about cutting some things from the Red Figma Link because of the amount of time put in thus far, and how much time I have yet to put in on the accessories I've already started, will make me need to ask too high of a price, then I'll have to sit on him a while...
Anyway Here's the Zora Link WIP:

And a reference for those who haven't played Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask:

« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 04:04:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #302 on: November 19, 2015, 08:56:29 AM »
Thanks so much for the info and the update. Look for it to show up on the fp soon!

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #303 on: November 19, 2015, 05:04:32 PM »
Very cool!
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #304 on: November 19, 2015, 06:08:10 PM »
That shield turned out really, really well!

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2015, 06:25:24 AM »

Made the hard call of calling Link finished, wanted to do more, but expenses, and time put in were getting pretty high already. The higher the price I need to ask, the less likely he'll will sell. Thinking I might do a second with different accessories instead, maybe three. Love the way the accessories I did turned out though, they look right out of the game.
If anyone is interested he's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Legend-of-Zelda-OoT-Red-Figma-Link-with-Biggoron-Sword-Mirror-Shield-/351584325549?hash=item51dc0f0fad%3Am%3AmHI9OW2G_sbCDxbJBMaT50w
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 06:14:35 PM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Red Figma Link armed OoT style Finished)
« Reply #306 on: November 22, 2015, 04:47:52 AM »
Nice, time to go get some of this on the front page!

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Red Figma Link armed OoT style Finished)
« Reply #307 on: November 22, 2015, 07:58:44 AM »
Thanks, back to star wars. Made these two for a customer, a Mirialan Jedi, and Dancer.

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Mirialan Jedi & Dancer)
« Reply #308 on: November 23, 2015, 01:06:24 AM »
 :o :o LINK LOOKS AWESOME!!! Way to go buddy  DH
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #309 on: November 23, 2015, 06:42:21 PM »
Nice! The tatoo work on the Jedi face looks really good.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
:o :o LINK LOOKS AWESOME!!! Way to go buddy  DH
Thanks, I love that figure, wish he'd sell though.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2015, 12:58:57 PM »
Nice! The tattoo work on the Jedi face looks really good.
Thanks, used some fancy super fine tipped permanent markers on the tattoos. I don't think they make them anymore, but when I get around to looking it up again I'll let you guys know.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #312 on: November 30, 2015, 01:17:04 PM »
Working Hard on Zora Link, sculpt most of the gauntlets, most of the boots, an have the skirt ready to go. Had to call my grandma for how to make the skirt fit around the waist. It's essentially just taking a piece of paper, and drawing a circle for the waist, then measuring the length of the skirt out from that circle, using that point make a bigger circle around the first like a doughnut, and cut out as much of the doughnut as needed to get around the waist with the amount of flare desired to make a pattern. Finished the bottom by ironing a slight fold down, then liquid stitched the fold down permanently, as shown in the pic with the inside facing up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Zora Link WIP)
« Reply #313 on: December 01, 2015, 04:18:57 AM »
Looks pretty cool on the front page along with more comments.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Zora Link WIP)
« Reply #314 on: December 09, 2015, 09:45:57 AM »
Thanks Tamer

Falling a little behind on figures, got sick the beginning of last week, then my fiancee cam home for the weekend, but I drown myself in work to get this good update. Zora Link himself is done, and has come quite a ways from the Marvel legends Iron Fist I started with. I'm very pleased with him, and think I did the character justice. For sure I'll do a set of detachable fins yet, maybe his guitar too.