Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 89382 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Female Wookiee)
« Reply #285 on: November 10, 2015, 11:44:23 PM »
Wow, she turned out really great! Using the Valkyrie body as a base was a really good idea. The parts combination is great and your sculpting is excellent. The additional accessories really finish her off nicely. Truly an outstanding job on this figure.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:22:01 AM by Starchaser »

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Female Wookiee Jedi Finished)
« Reply #286 on: November 11, 2015, 02:44:26 AM »
Your custom Wookiee Female Jedi figure looks great. That figure in my opinion is the best sculpting I have seen of yours so far. EL

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #287 on: November 11, 2015, 08:33:35 AM »
I agree the sculpt work on this is really over the top. Nice job. Off to share.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2015, 04:52:47 AM »
Wow, she turned out really! Using the Valkyrie body as a base was a really good idea. The parts combination is great and your sculpting is excellent. The additional accessories really finish her off nicely. Truly an outstanding job on this figure.
Thanks Starchaser, the idea to use the Valkyrie body hit me when I got a new drill, the thigh joints on her are perfect for easily securing any leg by cutting it off and drilling a hole to fit the thigh joint's nub.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2015, 04:59:18 AM »
Your custom Wookiee Female Jedi figure looks great. That figure in my opinion is the best sculpting I have seen of yours so far. EL
Thanks ;D Glad to hear my skills are improving, used a more spade shaped tool for better depth transition, and a lot of water to keep it looking softer, rather than a more knife-like tool creating harder lines, like this:

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2015, 05:05:12 AM »
I agree the sculpt work on this is really over the top. Nice job. Off to share.
Thanks Tamer, shame she's not getting a lot of interest on the sales front, sculpting takes time that many don't want to pay for unless they request it, but this one was really fun to work on.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #291 on: November 14, 2015, 05:24:29 AM »
I'm more than just Star Wars! Working on arming a Figma Link Ocarina of Time style with a Red Tunic.
Here's a WIP of the Biggoran Sword:

A WIP of the Mirror Shield, I actually have some crazy math skills, so I calculated the detentions for this scale, and they look spot on.

And the Fairy Bow. Since Figma figures are a harder plastic, the hands need to be handled delicately, so I placed magnets where Link holds the bow for it to come in half for effortless insertion into his hand.

With More to come, planning on the Megaton Hammer, some Bombs, Hover Boots, Iron Boots, and Golden Gauntlets yet. So far pretty smooth, the fancy figure excepts paint well, but the right arm wears easily, even after a number of clear coats. I also have a couple other Zelda characters in the works, hope they're liked.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Red Figma Link armed OoT style)
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2015, 08:44:08 AM »
Daggone that is sweet. Love all the weapons, the attention to detail, the use of magnets, etc.

Is that display stand something that comes with the figures or extra? Off to share some of this on the pages.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #293 on: November 15, 2015, 07:44:17 AM »
All Figma figures to my knowledge come with a fancy stand like that. The base figure actually comes with two faces and 8 hands, Figma does some pretty fancy work. Personally Figma Link is my favorite action figure to ever come out, yet he's a little dull only coming with the Master's Blade, and Hylian Shield, so though I'd improve him. Planning on making molds of some of the accessories I create as well, to sell them individually.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 07:45:57 AM by Mandalore25 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #294 on: November 16, 2015, 07:04:08 AM »
Well I love your additions. It is gonna rock.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #295 on: November 17, 2015, 12:10:30 AM »
Feally nice Link. The sword looks great, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the completed shield.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #296 on: November 17, 2015, 08:46:13 AM »
Well, here's your wish Starchaser, well sort of, will probably tinker with it a bit yet. I'm thinking a new mold for sure, ran out of time on the first mold, but 1-2 min work time is crazy.

Here's the real Mirror Shield I made, on the right, with the first mold:

The detail is a bit lacking in the casts as well, and I disagree with the instruction tip of paint ASAP after molding, for it's way to soft yet, left many fingerprints behind. Best to let is sit and completely harden after demolding. Having fun learning with this Amazing Mold Putty, and Amazing Resin, I can make a mold, and make a cast or two in an hour.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2015, 03:07:05 AM »
Wow, I think that turned out pretty good and it picked up most of the detail. Guess you can see it better than I. Off to share.

I would love to find out more about that Amazing Molding stuff. Cool deal.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #298 on: November 18, 2015, 03:57:33 AM »
Wow, I think that turned out pretty good and it picked up most of the detail. Guess you can see it better than I. Off to share.

I would love to find out more about that Amazing Molding stuff. Cool deal.
Your right, it did pick up the detail quite well, decided to dilute a black wash to highlight the details in the mirror, and that did the trick. Was more the solid color hiding detail than the mold. Will be more on that later ;). I'm pretty excited about the possibilities this stuff has, besides time, being both an issue, and crazy cool, it's really not that expensive online. I've seen some of the product at retailers, and it's a lot of money for each, but I picked up the resin, and putty for about $30 online. Might still seem like plenty, but as far as molding material goes, it's pretty cheap, and I've hardly used any of it with what I've don so far. Super easy to learn, and 1:1 ratios make it super easy to throw together. I've tried some other things, and they're spendy, and disastrous when you mess up, making it hard to justify spending so much to wast your first batch learning. I definitely give them my stamp of approval.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #299 on: November 18, 2015, 04:32:12 PM »
I appreciate the information and your honest opinion. I am gonna give it a look see on amazon and list it for folks to try. You sure have made it look pretty fantastic with your shield thats for sure.