Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 88979 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Celeste Morne Finished)
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2015, 06:43:09 AM »
Nice, she looks great. If you share that gallery on our Facebook Page I can share that on the fp too.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2015, 07:08:02 AM »
Hmmm, not sure how to share to someone else's page, kinda seems silly FB thinks I want to share my own post on my own page. I'm ok with you sharing it on the yards page, or I can upload the pics to the yards page if you ok with that.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2015, 07:09:55 AM »
If you go to our Facebook Page you should be able to share you gallery and then I can post it on the main page.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2015, 07:52:53 AM »
Got it, definitely a process facebook could streamline.

Offline Drakos

• Cadet
  • Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad vode' an
    • Toy Photography
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2015, 10:27:09 AM »
Wicked rendition!
 DH
Now all you need is Karness Muur or a rakghoul or two!

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2015, 10:51:19 AM »
Thats sooper dope, Nice work, I want her ;D
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Celeste Morne Wip update)
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2015, 12:35:36 PM »
Playing with my basilisk war droid and it's 14 points of articulation. Boy do I wish Hasbro made these many years ago as a kid I'd play with them for a great many hours, then do it again the next day! Don't forget the vote is up! http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9738.msg184664#msg184664 Vote for your favorite even if it's not mine!

Sorry if I cause a fuss since this should probably be in the vehicles section, but I don't plan on making many, and this is my first one actually.

Cool Basilsk War Droid! One of my favorite things from the Tales of the Jedi comics. I have made 4 of them in the past.
In 2006-2007, I built 3 standard Basilisk War Droids and one (what I called) Mandalore's Grand Basilisk War Droid.
 The three standard Basilisk War Droids I made each had a light up tail section. Here's a link to pics of mine at my photobucket page: http://s798.photobucket.com/user/I-AM-BOBA-FETT/library/Custom%20Mandalorian%20Basilisk%20War%20Droids?sort=3&page=1

Seeing yours has made me want to build another new one so I have begun pulling together necessary parts for a new Basilisk War Droid.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:58:22 PM by I-am-Boba-Fett »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2015, 03:20:16 PM »
Wicked rendition!
 DH
Now all you need is Karness Muur or a rakghoul or two!
Thanks, I actually picked up some pieces for Karness Murr, so one might not be too far off, and as for rakghouls, I've been playing with ways to make them, so I have a few ideas.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2015, 03:22:55 PM »
Thats sooper dope, Nice work, I want her ;D
I know right!?! I don't think she could have turned out any better, and great work on your Satele Shan.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2015, 03:31:31 PM »
Playing with my basilisk war droid and it's 14 points of articulation. Boy do I wish Hasbro made these many years ago as a kid I'd play with them for a great many hours, then do it again the next day! Don't forget the vote is up! http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9738.msg184664#msg184664 Vote for your favorite even if it's not mine!

Sorry if I cause a fuss since this should probably be in the vehicles section, but I don't plan on making many, and this is my first one actually.

Cool Basilsk War Droid! One of my favorite things from the Tales of the Jedi comics. I have made 4 of them in the past.
In 2006-2007, I built 3 standard Basilisk War Droids and one (what I called) Mandalore's Grand Basilisk War Droid.
 The three standard Basilisk War Droids I made each had a light up tail section. Here's a link to pics of mine at my photobucket page: http://s798.photobucket.com/user/I-AM-BOBA-FETT/library/Custom%20Mandalorian%20Basilisk%20War%20Droids?sort=3&page=1

Seeing yours has made me want to build another new one so I have begun pulling together necessary parts for a new Basilisk War Droid.
Wow, those are yours? I had no idea, I actually looked at them while making mine, I based my weathering off Mandalore's grand Basilisk War Droid. I'm flattered mine has inspired you to make another. Did you sell those back in the day? and if so may I ask how much you got for them? Debating on selling mine after the contest, but not sure if it will sell.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
« Reply #220 on: August 03, 2015, 11:45:08 AM »

Wow, those are yours? I had no idea, I actually looked at them while making mine, I based my weathering off Mandalore's grand Basilisk War Droid. I'm flattered mine has inspired you to make another. Did you sell those back in the day? and if so may I ask how much you got for them? Debating on selling mine after the contest, but not sure if it will sell.

Yes, all of those Basilisk War Droids are made by me. Glad my custom Basilisk War Droids helped you make yours. Years ago, I sold one of my standard Basilisk War Droids on ebay and believe it or not there was little to no interest in it. I don't think many people knew about the Basilisk War Droids back then. I even had a description of what it was and what comic series it was seen in. It sold for less than $100 as I recall. Oh well, live and learn.Got some new parts ordered so once they arrive I'll start on my new Basilisk War Droid.

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #221 on: August 03, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »
Simply beautiful. Love your version IABF. I remember when the character was first introduced in the comics, I thought, "Action figure please Hasbro!"...Anyway your version of Celeste is awesome. Keep up the amazing work sir!

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2015, 10:41:17 PM »

Yes, all of those Basilisk War Droids are made by me. Glad my custom Basilisk War Droids helped you make yours. Years ago, I sold one of my standard Basilisk War Droids on ebay and believe it or not there was little to no interest in it. I don't think many people knew about the Basilisk War Droids back then. I even had a description of what it was and what comic series it was seen in. It sold for less than $100 as I recall. Oh well, live and learn.Got some new parts ordered so once they arrive I'll start on my new Basilisk War Droid.
Well that's a bit disappointing, even $100 would only brake even on the parts value (well the Marvel Legends parts were essentially free for I wanted the figure, not the build a figure parts they came with), not to mention the about 20 hours I put into it. The lack of recognition it gets isn't surprising, outside of here it doesn't get much interest. If I try to sell it, I'd have to start at a high price point then. Anyway, can't wait to see you make another war droid come together, I bet it's going to be sweet.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2015, 10:46:01 PM »
Simply beautiful. Love your version IABF. I remember when the character was first introduced in the comics, I thought, "Action figure please Hasbro!"...Anyway your version of Celeste is awesome. Keep up the amazing work sir!
Thanks bdc41866, will try to keep more amazing works coming.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
« Reply #224 on: August 05, 2015, 04:15:54 PM »

Hey Bdc41866, Thank you!
I-am-Boba-Fett