Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 89443 times)

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Togruta Sith)
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2015, 04:33:05 AM »
This is the finished Togruta/Twi'lek hybrid. He has three heads of what the hybrid may look like, a removable ninja mask, multi-colored double-sided lightsaber, that comes apart in three places, the hilt attaches to the back (with, and without the armor), the hilt attaches to the belt, removable dark purple clone armor with gray, and black highlights, a black robe, and a brown robe. This customer has great taste, and is ecstatic about it. Loved working on it, and making my customer's vision come to life. He gave me a description, and let me run with it. We're very pleased with the way it turn out.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Togruta/Twi'lek Hybrid)
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2015, 06:03:22 AM »
Nice, that is  a lot of accessories. Off to share.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Togruta/Twi'lek Hybrid)
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2015, 06:17:04 AM »
Made these Zabrak for a customer, like the idea of the dancer, and a bouncer with them next to each other. Also I listed a Darth Zannah, wish Hasbro would have made here while they could, a shame the figures that won't see the light now.

If anybody is interested in Zannah, here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Darth-Zannah-apprentice-of-Darth-Bane-sith-jedi-mandalorian-/351373185231?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cf7950cf
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:32:51 AM by Tamer »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Zabrak and Zannah)
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2015, 03:49:17 PM »
I haven't commented in a while, but the updates here are great. The Togruta sith is really nice. I love the multiple heads for your hybrid. That's a lot of extra work, but they look great. I totally agree with you regarding Hasbro making Zannah. They could have taken some lessons from you though, she looks great!

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2015, 07:33:42 PM »
Zannah sold quick too. Love it when a figure sells in under 24 hours, heck in a week is cool too, and this one for $112.99. Thinking I'll save the money off my customs for a while to invest in a 3D printer.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #155 on: April 17, 2015, 05:41:15 AM »
Zabrak must really be something, because the last figures I shared had a couple of zabrak, and then another customer asks for this Zabrak with two heads, one with the padawan braid, one without. Like the idea having her be able to be an apprentice, and then become a knight. It's definitely a trickier task to make two heads than it seems, well at least Zabrak heads. The horns, and tattoos can be annoying to begin with if your going for a symmetrical look to the face, but then copying it onto a second head... I think it turned out rather well though, with minute differences between them, but maybe I notice simply because I made them.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Zabrak Jedi)
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2015, 12:24:25 AM »
I'm really liking this one, might be my favorite custom I've done so far, and Rasi Tuum calls for a special thanks to Starchaser for making me take a closer look at him a while back. Seriously, thanks! Waited for the new Marvel Universe beast to hit the Target I work at just to make him, the claws, feet, and chest are simply perfect for Rasi. The blue was a bit hard to cover with tan, if this sells well I might make another with a gray variant Beast. Not sure who's head I used for I but defective heads from sellers, but It was a pretty good match for Rasi right off the bat, I just flattened the nose, and sculpted the dreadlocks. Hope you guys like, love it when a custom comes together.

And if you really like it, here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Legacy-Era-Cathar-Jedi-Rasi-Tuum-3-75in-figure-sith-mandalorian-/351377374024?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cfb93b48
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:31:48 AM by Tamer »

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Rasi Tuum)
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2015, 06:14:56 AM »
Nice!  Yea, covering up any figure like that takes layers of paint sometimes.  Not familiar with the character.  Is he Cathar?

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2015, 07:08:37 AM »
Nice!  Yea, covering up any figure like that takes layers of paint sometimes.  Not familiar with the character.  Is he Cathar?

Thanks Jedi Minstrel, he is a Cathar, I find Cathar to have varying degrees of cat likeness for whatever inconsistent reason, and is from the Legacy comics. He, and his brothers, fight Darth Krayt's One sith order during the Sith-Imperial War, where the Empire gets inflated to greater lengths than in A New Hope by letting women, and aliens join up, but makes the mistake of partnering with the Sith who stab them in the back dividing their military between Sith and Empire. All while the jedi hide away (for the most part anyway) in a secret enclave where I believe he stays until Skywalker's descendant Cade goes there (if I remember correctly).

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2015, 02:21:47 AM »
Made Darth Cognus, and am quite pleased I was able to produce her around the same time as Zannah. Her head turned out amazing! I'm very pleased with it, it looks just like a female Iktotchi. She's made from a snow bunny Padme, Bastila Shan, and Saesee Tiin's horns. I took Padme's head and flatened the sides to glue the horns on so they'ed stay in place as I did the rest of the head sculpt around them. I looked up what others have tried, for one of my competitors sold quite a few essentially Leias with horns on her buns (not that I hate competition, I love seeing the work of others, but I prefer other sellers do quality work as well), and I couldn't find one the way I did mine. Hope someone can get some use out of my way to make Cognus's head. I have a buyer lined up for her, the same customer whom bought Zannah, I think it would be nice for them to be together.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2015, 02:28:24 AM »
I also made a Visas Marr, I had a busy night. Really just saw her in the Luminara Unduli I had, and went for it. Wish I could figure out a way to get rid of the folds on the back of her head though, it would look much nicer.

If your interested, she's listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-KOTOR-Visas-Marr-3-75in-action-figure-jedi-sith-mandalorian-EU-/351379264021?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cfd61215
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:33:19 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2015, 02:33:22 AM »
Made another Darth Zannah last night too, very very busy night. This one's face didn't turn out as well, I'm not so good with the lipstick.

If anybody is interested, here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Darth-Zannah-apprentice-of-Darth-Bane-sith-jedi-mandalorian-/351379251206?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cfd5e006
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:41:51 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Cognus, Visas, Zannah)
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2015, 02:40:56 AM »
Update to the front page. I like the Visa Marr.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #163 on: April 22, 2015, 09:11:19 AM »
You have a great collection of custom sith lords and Jedi they look great.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:31:47 AM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2015, 09:36:58 AM »
Woohoo!! Rasi turned out great. I think your right the MU Beast body and head are a great choice. Well done. I'm grateful for the shout out as well. Thanks.

I agree with you completely regarding Cognus. She looks wonderful, I think you made the right design choices. While I really thought you nailed it with Zannah and Visa Marr looks really good, I think you Cognus is my favorite.

Keep up the stellar work.