Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 89542 times)

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (kyuzo sith warrior)
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2014, 06:36:28 AM »
Thought I'd post some of the pics I didn't use here.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Massassi)
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2014, 03:41:58 AM »
This is my Vodo Siosk Baas that I've been working on. Been down about all my skills lately, for I can't get a job that utilizes them, and it's really been getting to me lately. So I needed to use some them. There's still have plenty of sculpting to do, but need to paint the eyes first, because it's easier before any eyelids are involved. I keep debating between black and gold eyes, and have seen them both ways. Black would contrast more being the only black on the figure, but gold would match the gold trim on his outer robe. Any opinions? Also I attached the main pic I've been basing it off of.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2014, 06:03:00 AM »
My comments are on the front page.

Keep after it guy, we are all enjoying your work.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2014, 06:46:07 AM »
Thanks Tamer means a lot. I keep trying not to rant, so I try and focus all that energy back to my art when life gets me down.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2014, 08:07:04 AM »
this is looking good so far great work !

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Vodo Siosk Baas)
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2014, 10:03:49 PM »
Great figure choice! I have always enjoyed the character designs from "Tales of the Jedi." The WIP sculpt looks excellent, so far. Personally, I'm a fan of the black eyes, but the Star Wars miniature uses the gold, so it seems that would be preferred option. I'm looking forward to the finished project.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Vodo Siosk Baas)
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2014, 05:13:47 AM »
Listed My Massassi on ebay if anyone is interested, price is high but I haven't really decided exactly how much I want for it considering all the work involved, so feel free to make me an offer!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Sith-Massassi-Warrior-3-75in-Action-Figure-w-Axe-and-Sword-/351252366438?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item51c845c466
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 04:11:14 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Massassi on ebay)
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2015, 07:05:36 PM »
Found this figure in my supply bin, it's another from when I was testing magic sculpt clay. I forgot about it, so it was a pleasant surprise. Glad I was able to use all my test subjects now, and look forward to making more like my Massassi. This is a dark jedi I named Shen Gar, maybe studying to be a sith, or at least that's what I pictured while making him.

I your interested here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Dark-Jedi-Shen-Gar-sith-mandalorian-revan-sion-EU-/351272577895?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item51c97a2b67

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Dark Jedi)
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2015, 04:39:58 AM »
Awesome figures mate and I'm really liking your sculpting work.

Ron

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2015, 01:24:01 PM »
Thank you Hemble, it's nice to hear good things about my sculpting, considering the amount of effort in the figure requires me to ask more coin, so they're tougher sells. My Massassi is still listed by the way, so if anyone is interested ;D. On the other hand I love sculpting figures, so it's a bit give and take. Thanks again, truly means lots to me.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2015, 01:34:06 PM »
This is my "Tails of the Jedi" style Mon Calamari jedi. Not sure about the outcome of the figure, and I'm not sure what it is, too many contrasting colors to where it lacks a focal point? Though since I put the head back on that seems to be a god focal... I don't know what it is, feel something is off about it. The scaled shoulder armor got a bit muddied in the center, I think due to them being squashed while adding more scales. To remedy, I think allowing them to dry layer at a time will help, though will cost tuns more time. Loving the head though, especially because I got the eyes matching quite well, and the hole head was white when I started.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2015, 09:09:08 PM »
I like the the concept for the Mon Cal Jedi. I'm not sure I agree about too many colors. The Jedi from "Tales" seemed to be all over the map. The yellow scales on the one shoulder might be a bit too bright for the tones of the rest of the figure. Just a thought.

Offline Jedi Minstrel

• Marshal
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2015, 01:10:06 AM »
What about an off-white for the scales?  Go for lots of different colors, too.  I think when Yoda helped train Jedi and eventually became Grand Master, I think the more earthy tones came about due to him.  Nothing against Yoda, just an observation.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2015, 06:51:34 AM »
Impressive work. Really like the Vodo
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:59:56 AM by JDeck »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2015, 07:56:10 AM »
Thanks guys, not sure off white would have helped, though seems the right track when the original light gray of the clay may have worked better. True in my Mon Cal's defense "Tails" jedi clearly did have the freedom to wear whatever, maybe I felt I had a bit too much freedom, but I must have done something right considering it sold for $21.99 in around 3 hours. Incentive enough to do some more "Tails of the Jedi" themed characters. Starting with finishing Vodo, I hope to finish him tomorrow or Monday.