Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 89393 times)

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »
Thanks for the promotion! And while I'm at it, thanks to everyone else for their kind words and support, really like the community here.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2014, 11:15:57 PM »
Random update, haven't had time to finish a figure, but bits and pieces of figures are done. I'm working on a Nautolan Mandalorian, but the clone wars Kit Fisto that I acquired has no knee joints, so I bought some random joints because I need them for some other projects too. I cut a section of the leg out then super-glued it in place and added clay around it, needs to dry, so we'll see what happens. Also started on my Massassi (thanks to those who voted), bulked up back and started on a foot. Last pics are of my mastered technique of getting any head on any body by cutting a hole and adding clay to give it full motion and fit perfectly.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2014, 02:33:15 AM »
Just works in progress all over the place. Can't wait to see how some of these turn out.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2014, 04:42:21 AM »
This is my custom Chagrian jedi named Dar Wellok. I loved that I happened to have the color I used on the neck and hands, it's a pretty close mach to the color of the head. Decided the lightsaber hilt should be gun metal to show off the copper and gold detail on the hilt. It's simple, but it's nice.

For those who are interested, here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Chagrian-Jedi-Dar-Wellok-new-jedi-order-sith-mandalorian-EU-/351205403647?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item51c5792bff and don't be afraid to make an offer.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:53:56 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2014, 07:59:17 AM »
Looks good, time for a front page update.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (kyuzo sith warrior)
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2014, 08:29:30 PM »
This is my Kyuzo Sith Warrior named Darth Fovos with a custom lightwhip. I found this solid rubber cord that is simi-translucent and highly flexible that I though was perfect for lightwhips. I'm looking for other colors now and might start selling small lots of lightwips. Bought some new fabric glue, and I like it alot. It helps get things like the belt nice and tight.

For anybody interested, here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Kyuzo-Sith-Warrior-Darth-Fovos-w-lightwhip-mandalorian-jedi-EU-/351209186954?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item51c5b2e68a
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 02:35:09 AM by Tamer »

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (kyuzo sith warrior)
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2014, 11:49:51 AM »
Hmmm... only 3 people have even looked at it. is there a way to change the title of my thread without changing the title of the first post every time?

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2014, 03:36:12 AM »
Up to about 15 views on my new one... thought the lightwhip was brilliant, first custom one I've seen like it. Oh well, I'll drop focus on the lightwhip project and focus more on others.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2014, 09:31:06 AM »
Great figures.
My favorite is your Iktochi Mando.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2014, 02:41:38 AM »
I would urge patience when seeing how popular your new custom might be. Folks always lead hectic lives, myself included, so you might have to wait a week or so or even longer than that. I am so behind on my customs right now and am still trying to get over being sick. This latest update is on the front page.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2014, 05:59:08 AM »
My apologies, I wasn't trying to come across poorly, this is one of few outlets my own life right now. I can't tell you how happy I am to have found this site where many share my hobby. It's nice to be where my figures are appreciated, and thought others enjoy finding the perfect material for lightwhips. It's odd that I never thought of it before, it's a solid rubber cord for making bracelets. Cutting the end of it is the only part that doesn't turn out every time.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2014, 06:50:16 AM »
No, no, I didn't think you came across poorly. I just didn't want you to think lack of new looks or comments meant folks didn't like it. You do nice work and that electro whip is a nice touch.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »
I'll say. I'm definitely interested in the material used for the light whip. Also, love the sith warrior.
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2014, 01:03:07 AM »
Really like the Kyuzo sith. The lightwhip is well done and an inventive use of plastic bracelet cord. I also think the Massassi you did for the birthday competition turned out really, really well. Great job with the sculpting on that figure.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2014, 05:48:42 AM »
Thank you! It means a lot to hear kind words about my Massassi and Kyuzo Sith. Put a lots of work into that Massassi, and appreciation makes me want to do more projects with that amount sculpting.