Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 88988 times)

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Terentatek Finished)
« Reply #435 on: July 23, 2016, 11:46:08 AM »
Figure #196, Zora Tunic Link from Ocarina of Time, with Iron Boots, Hookshot, and Bottled Goods. Not as big as others leading up to my 200th figure, but definitely fancy as it is a Figma figure, and I did make the accessories from scratch. The base figure is just a repaint, with the Iron Boots sculpt on. I made the Hookshot out of an IG-88 head, plastic rods, magnets, and some bracelet chain. The hand it stuck on the Hookshot, so you need to switch hands for him not to be holding, but the figure comes with many hands so that's not a problem. It also has an extension piece, where you take off the tip, and put a chain I hardened with superglue in. Inside the bottles (bought them off ebay at like 5 cents per bottle), one has Green potion, achieved by putting clear green paint in the bottle, and the other has a fairy that I made from using clear pink on a small clear plastic sphere, with wings cut from a clear plastic sheet.

The shield I made a while back, and just the shield is available here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Legend-of-Zelda-OoT-Figma-Link-action-figure-scale-painted-Mirror-Sheild-/351582295690?hash=item51dbf0168a:g:yEQAAOSwhMFXk7h4

« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 05:22:25 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Zora Tunic Link OoT)
« Reply #436 on: July 24, 2016, 05:33:35 AM »
Time to get this on the front pages and give your eBay link a shout out. Great stuff!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #437 on: July 26, 2016, 01:17:14 PM »
These Link figures are fun. I think I've commented before on the shield, but the Hookshot turned out amazing. Great work!

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #438 on: August 02, 2016, 04:53:16 AM »
These Link figures are fun. I think I've commented before on the shield, but the Hookshot turned out amazing. Great work!

These figures are lots of fun, I'm a huge Legend of Zelda fan, and Figma figures are a lot of fun to customize. I finally got around to opening those Figma Archetypes I shared a while back, and they are phenomenal! Figma figures work on this universal joint system where the hole joint comes out, and you can replace just the joint with the proper colored joint. I'll get into it more in the future after I finish my 200th figure, with pictures/examples to go with them.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #439 on: August 02, 2016, 05:08:08 AM »
Here's a WIP of my 197th and 198th figures, a combo pack, the "twin" brothers of the sith, Gorc, and Pic. From the same video game as the Dark Jedi Maw I made a while back, Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Gorc was once a Gamorrean on the run from the empire, and Pic was a Force adept Kowakian monkey-lizard. Both were captured by the Empire, where Palpatine had them turned into sithspawn. I'll tell more on how they were made when I'm done, personally I think the pictures tell more anyway.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 02:17:22 AM by Mandalore25 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Gorc and Pic WIP)
« Reply #440 on: August 02, 2016, 07:26:38 AM »
Looking great so far. Off to share.

Offline tonphanan

• Ensign
« Reply #441 on: August 02, 2016, 06:40:22 PM »
I had never considered using a TMNT for Gorc. Great idea.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #442 on: August 03, 2016, 02:06:30 AM »
I had never considered using a TMNT for Gorc. Great idea.

Thanks, I was just looking through some cheap figures, saw the turtle, and it hit me. He works well, but isn't quite to scale. Should be about an inch taller to be to scale, but he's still pretty big, and looks right for the part.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #443 on: August 03, 2016, 02:42:21 AM »
On my way to 200, with the completion of my 197th, and 198th figures, the Sith brothers Gorc, and Pic. Gorc is one of the TMNT with the shell taken off, and sculpt back up to look bare bodied, with some head sculpting too. From there I covered him in armor plates cut from a sheet of rubber, for flexibility so there is no joint hindrance. Over it I sculpt the diaper? Not sure what else to call it, and finished him with a detailed paint job. Pic is a Hobbit movie Gollum figure with, MU Wasp arms, and yoda hands. The head was shaven down, and sculpt back up with the neck. Only the shoulder armor is rubber on Pic, the rest is sculpt including the wraps around his feet. I'm pleased with the way they tuned out, a little cartoony, but I suppose they always kind of look that way. Only one more figure to go before my 200th figure!

If anyone is interested, they're listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Sith-Brothers-Gorc-and-Pic-3-75in-figure-jedi-mandalorian-darth-/351800560877?hash=item51e8f28ced:g:vnQAAOSwhOdXoZ36

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:06:14 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Gorc and Pic Finished)
« Reply #444 on: August 03, 2016, 05:12:35 AM »
Nice finish. Off to share this and your auction.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Gorc and Pic Finished)
« Reply #445 on: August 23, 2016, 09:51:28 PM »
Been a while, had to keep #199 on the down low to enter it in a contest, got 3rd place. I'm quite pleased how my Deku Link from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask turned out, he actually looks like wood. Started with the World of Nintendo minifigure, taking off the head and feet. Retooling the head, I bulked it up a bit to keep the scale factor, and cut the hat off to add in a swivel joint, so the clear stand could be used, and he can twirl like in the game. The body is from a Sonic the Hedgehog, Tails action figure with the hands and feet taken off. As I said I cut the feet off the minfigure, so I drilled into them to fit on the legs, where I did the opposite with the hands, I took clone wars Kit Fisto hands, and drilled into the arms to put the pins in, so they keep their articulation. Then I shaved the body down, and carved in the grooves with woodcarving tools on the body, and arms. To get the paint job to look like wood I painted the body solid tan, and went over it with a brown wash. Similar process for the shadow around his eyes, but did black wash first, then solid black up by the hair. Finished him off with a cloth skirt so his movement isn't inhibited. Added accessories like flower propellers made from scratch with a styrene sheet, and plastic rod, and a clear stand not really worth mentioning specifics, for it took a lot of repairs to get it working as well as I have it.

He's listed here if anyone's interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Legend-of-Zelda-Majoras-Mask-Deku-Link-2-75-action-figure-figma-zora-/351818036870?hash=item51e9fd3686%3Ag%3AmqAAAOSw65FXvDuk

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 03:01:08 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Majora's Mask Deku Link)
« Reply #446 on: August 24, 2016, 03:06:54 AM »
Looks good to me. Off to share your update and your auction link

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (Majora's Mask Deku Link)
« Reply #447 on: August 28, 2016, 02:51:37 PM »
So my last few figures have been bigger projects leading up to my 200th figure (don't worry after 200 here I'll go back to slowly, and silently keeping track). For #200 I decided to make Fierce Deity Link from Majora's Mask out of a Marvel Legends Machine Man to be approximately to scale with the Skyward Sword Link Figma figure, and to make it truly special, I took Machine man all apart to shave down, and super glued parts of the joints, so there will be no paint wear. This is my first time taking apart a 6in figure, so it was a little roughly done, but I think it went well. He's all put back together now, and so far no paint wear at all, I couldn't be happier, I just keep playing with him in disbelief. Before I put him back together as you can see, I put the segmented ab armor on him cut from sheets of styrene. When armor is segmented like that, I find it much easier, and looks much nicer than sculpting it layer by layer. Had to tech myself to make swords now too, with such a funky blade, the picture is pretty rough cut, but I'm shaving it down to proper shape, then will do a rough shave at an angle on the sides for the blade, and polish it up by hand with some sandpaper. Crazy amount of work already, and so much more to go!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (WIP Majora's Mask Fierce Deity Link)
« Reply #448 on: August 29, 2016, 02:35:44 AM »
Wow, lots of work so far. looking good. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (WIP Majora's Mask Fierce Deity Link)
« Reply #449 on: August 29, 2016, 12:34:13 PM »
Oh I haven't commented for a bit, but these figures are really cool! I love how Gorc and Pic turned out. The Zelda figures are really amazing too.