Poll

I've been thinking hard about the custom contest, and have the pieces for these figures I'd like to make and if good enough enter in the contest. This will at least give me one to focus on, and if it doesn't turn out I'll focus on the next highest. Hopefu

Vergere with forest or bioship diorama
0 (0%)
Gorc and Pic with ship diorama
1 (20%)
Massassi with sith tomb diorama
3 (60%)
Pong Krell with ship or forest diorama
1 (20%)
Terentatek (KOTOR version, like in the drwaing I posted) with forest diorama
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: October 19, 2014, 05:19:22 AM

Author Topic: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore25 (6in Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus)  (Read 88987 times)

Offline CandyBlues

• Ensign
    • Facebook
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Cognus, Visas, Zannah)
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2015, 11:14:55 AM »
Wicked man! I love Visas Marr! One of my favorite characters from KOTOR! her and HK-47!

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2015, 06:59:47 PM »
Thanks guys, I was hoping you'd like Rasi, Starchaser, but I agree Cognus is amazing, and may be my new favorite already. Visas is an interesting character, I read up on her while I was working on her, and turns out there was a ton of cut content about her from KOTOR II that was rather detrimental to her character development, too bad there'll never be a remake with everything they cut. Still I love the Miraluka species that could see with the force. Glad you liked her CandyBlues, as I really enjoy your work on Plaguies.

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2015, 07:40:42 PM »
Awesome Mandalore25 we have a lot in common with the characters we choose. Especially the Visas Marr....
I like your customs a lot bro. 
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2015, 05:17:56 AM »
Made this duo for a customer, a Zeltron jedi, and a white Wookiee sith, a repaint mostly, but that's what he wanted. I like how the Zeltron turned out with quite a great likeness to her reference pic. Ran into an odd problem using a Marvel Universe Wasp as her base, Wasp has gold painted on her front, and when I painted over it, Hasbro's paint started to peel off. I'm not sure if there was some sort of chemical problem with the two paints, but this is the first time this has happened to me, though I irregularly use Marvel Universe figures.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
That Zeltron is just spot on with the reference image used. You gotta have a happy customer. Off to share.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Great job on the white Wookiee. I really think that great fur color variation on Wookiees is a good thing! Your Zeltron Jedi turned out great. Is the base head also from the wasp figure? If so the hair sculpt looks really good. Keep up the good work.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Thanks guys, the Zeltron's head is actually a Geonosis battle arena Padme, cut off her bun in the back, then sculpt the pony, and bangs.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Nearly forgot about these guys, Darth Scabrous, and Darth Ruin. A customer requested these, and I'm glad he's pleased with them for there are only 1-2 reference pics for each one. That being said, I loved the creative freedom it gave me to only match core elements of the characters.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Darth Scabrous and Ruin)
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2015, 12:47:06 AM »
I've been wanting to make a Cadra-Fan jedi for quite some time, and the epasode I Anakin in jedi robes is the perfect height for one. Specifically I decided to make the Chadra-Fan Tekli from The New Jedi Order. Really loved those books, with a galactic scale war that wasn't against the sith, and Yuuzhan Vong are awesome. Back to the figure, she's really more of a kit bash, for it's mostly a Kabe head on an Anakin body, but I wanted to keep the hands too, so I cut the hands off both figures, and glued Kabe's to the pins of Anakin's so they'd still swivel. Loved the way it turned out, I'm very happy with it.

If anybody's interested, here's a link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-New-Jedi-Order-Tekli-3-75in-scale-figure-sith-mandalorian-EU-/351411436780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51d1c0fcec
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:27:24 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2015, 05:32:00 AM »
Nice time to share. I will get those two Sith on the FP soon too.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2015, 07:17:43 PM »
Had a productive day today, finished three figures. Lets focus on two for now, I'll post anupdate on the other later. Anyway, I made two Mandalorians, to get in the mood for my Basalisk War Droid I'm making for the scratch build competition. The first is a female mandalorian that I sculpt the armor on, and made the jetpack attach by magnets. Really love the way she turned, I think the purple is really cool. The other is a clone wars mandalorian jedi, but not too thrilled with his look, mostly because the black is supposed to be a deep brown.. His lightsaber is connected by magnets as well for an easy switch from double to singles.

If anybody is interested in the female: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Female-Mandalorian-3-75in-scale-figure-sith-jedi-EU-/351426729178?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51d2aa54da

If interested in the male: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-Clone-Wars-Jedi-Mandalorian-3-75in-scale-figure-sith-EU-/351426749950?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51d2aaa5fe
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:54:25 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: DarthArmoressCustoms by Mandalore 25 (Mandalorians)
« Reply #176 on: June 15, 2015, 04:04:06 AM »
Time for a front page update. Good to see you around.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #177 on: June 15, 2015, 04:28:57 AM »
Thanks Tamer, it's nice to be here. Haven't had a lot of time for figures lately, my fiancee is back from college for the summer, but hopefully I'll get a few done from time to time. Dying to make a Basalisk War droid for the competition, been wanting to for make one in general for quite some time, glad we have plenty of time left.

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #178 on: June 15, 2015, 05:07:46 AM »
Really nice customs ; really like the mandos

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #179 on: June 18, 2015, 04:45:41 AM »
Thanks Stan, glad you like them. Was bored with all the human parts I have, so I made one into this Sith Pureblood last night, and used a pleather I bought to work on figures with. I like the material a lot, a little thick, but nice texture, can't wait to use it on more figures.

He's listed here if anybody is interested: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Star-Wars-the-Old-Republic-Sith-Pureblood-3-75in-figure-jedi-mandalorian-/351429747961?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51d2d864f9
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 11:42:38 AM by Tamer »