Author Topic: Hasbro Q and A for the Night Before NYCC Party...  (Read 10042 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Hasbro Q and A for the Night Before NYCC Party...
« on: September 07, 2014, 06:10:45 AM »
We got word that the Spectre was approved and will once again be representing ISY at the convention. We are also figuring Hasbro will do another Night Before Party.

On that note if you have any questions you want us to present to Hasbro this is the place. Try to keep the questions respectful, detailed enough to give us an answer, and remember the topics that we already know Hasbro won't answer so if you post a question along those lines (Episode 7 previews, figures that are off limits, etc.) it will automatically be removed from this list.

Question List:

1. My main one right now is what is Hasbro going to do to address the poor quality and control issues from their factory. I am going to provide them with a ton of images of products (send me images if you have em) and just see their response. How have those types of things been missed to the point of them making it to the pegs more often than not? What is Hasbro doing to address this?

Images to go along with this (email tamer@imperialshipyards.net if you have any)

2. Are you folks satisfied with the head sculpt on your new Six Inch Black Series Vader? I have to give them credit for the helmet off, but the helmet on (which most of us will be using) is just plain wrong. From the eyes, the the droopy helmet this was one of the figures I was most excited to get and seeing it in person shows how great it could have been. Are you going to revisit this one in the future and perhaps not do a removable helmet so we can get a better sculpt? Do you wish you had perhaps started your first six inch Vader with a better bucket?

3. Will Hasbro ever go back to one Star Wars figure line? I hate that they've been running 3 since 2008, it cripples their distribution and they only seem to cycle focus on one at a time. Back when the 30th anniversary series was going, we got great figures like Darth Revan, Voolvif Monn, and Animated début Boba Fett, distribution was great, and the line appealed to both kids and collectors.  Or will they start giving equal focus on all star wars figure lines? Something really has to give to make collecting Star Wars great again.

4. We've noticed that these new waves of the Black Series figures all come apart very easily at the joints.  Is this due to lower production standards, or was this done with the customizer in mind to make it easier to swap parts so kids could start getting in on the action?

5. My beef is all about the paint apps.  I can finally fix almost any drek Hasbro's Asian factory spits out, .... but why should I have to?  At $10 (and it's only a matter of time before it's $11 [look at Marvel Universe]), a new action figure should be so amazing that it makes me almost cry when I open it.

What's gone wrong with the paint apps? 
Why cant they use the correct color plastic in the ball joints?
What are they doing to fix it?
When will we see improvement?
What kind of quality control measures are they going make,  to make sure it never happens again?

6. What does the future look like for  the super-articulated 3.75" line? Obviously this is the Black Series, but is it likely to be only a few figures per year or will we say a broad offering? The question essentially is if 3.75" is mostly Saga with a few Black Series thrown in or if there are two meaty 3.75" lines?

7. The 5 POA and the under scaled vehicles and, as I've only recently been informed, HOLLOW Imperial Troop Transport from the Rebels line...Why? Is there any reason you made the Imperial Troop Transport smaller, hollow underneath, without real wheels as it seems like just a cost cutting method? I am wondering why you didn't go with the well loved and already proven ITT from Kenner?

8. Are you officially done with the larger size vehicle format for your four inch action figure line? The Falcon and AT-AT were such hits and we would hate to see them gone forever. Perhaps offer a new one every two years?

9. We are absolutely loving your 6 inch smaller vehicles and accessories! What are the chances we get to see other great smaller vehicles, beasts, or other accessories for this line like your already released speederbike, Wampa, and Taun Taun? It would sure add to their play-ability! Any chance we could see a regular size vehicle for this immensely popular line?

10. Any chance for a 6" Scaled Dewback for 2015?

11. Has there been any consideration of adding a voice chip to a figure such as the 6" Strom Trooper similar to what was added to the Disney exclusive 12 inch figures?

12. Plenty of imperial troop builders in the 6" line (stormtrooper, sandtrooper, tie pilot and hopefully more), how about some troop builders for the Rebels (ex. Blockade Runner Troops, Hoth Troops, A Wing/Y Wing pilots and Endor Commandos)?

13. Environments for 6" Black Series in 2015? - Examples: Vader's Meditation Chamber, Jabba's Throne (complete).

14. Will we see any core figure releases of New Hope figures like Luke, Leia and Kenobi? Ever though about doing a "Early Bird" themed exclusive using 6" figures?

15. Any chance of seeing Pong Krell or Bo Katan figures in the neare future? We know there was a Pong Krell shown a few moons ago, is this one ever gonna see the light of day please?

16. Another question along totally different lines: many companies are devoting more resources to community interaction (forums, community managers) what plans does hasbro have to do this if any?

17. Is Hasbro still looking at internet only exclusives as a way of getting fan favorites to die hard collectors (ala EE comic packs, Jocasta)?

18. Was the decision to call the new Skiff Guard as Jabbas Skiff Guard instead of Dollalyn driven by a move away from EU sources, confusion over his true name or something else? Will we continue to see unique and interesting names for future aliens?

19. Are we likely to see any figures of characters from new canon books, comics and games that don't appear on tv or movies (eg Vidian from new dawn) or is the stance from Lucasfilm to still stay away from that and focus on REBELS, OT, and Episode VII?

20. Dear Hasbro, will there be a 3.75 line released for GI Joe in 2015?

21. Will there be actual extra head sculpts for Clone & Storm Troopers for the six inch line?

22. When can we expect to see a Phase II Clone Trooper for the six inch line? What characters are on Hasbro's horizon for creation with this particular line? Perhaps the aforementioned Cody? Do you ever plan to release a Clone Trooper with both his Phase I and Phase II helmets?

23. Are they planing on supplying the full range of their products to Australia?

24. 6"-scale C-3PO -- painted or plated? separate elbow struts? and... What happened to the carded A-wing Pilot and the B-A-D Astromechs?

25. Will Hasbro ever be making female troopers in the six inch line?

26. Why only send out a minimal amount of more sought after figures to certain retailers? Since that causes collectors to pay upwards of $80 for a figure meant to be sold for $20 (like the Walgreens Prototype Fett) how do they (Hasbro) feel about that? Are there any plans to re-release the Prototype Fett down the road again perhaps in the regular line and not as a store exclusive so those us of us without Walgreens can add this to our six inch collection?

27. I'm not sure what we did to make you go 5 POA on us, but what can we do to make amends & get back to 14 POA? What plans does Hasbro have for super articulation in the 4" line or is the 4" only for 5poa? Any great new figures coming out that will have the full 14 poa treatment?

28. Is GI Joe on hiatus or is there a chance to continue the 50th line?

29. Can we please the bring "Vintage Line" back & kill 5 POA? I think we all know the vintage line look will continue sometime in the future, do you have any time frame on that yet?

Some of these questions came from our Facebook Posts, but I am still working on the order. I would say Dan has a pretty good set to go already. Hey, if you have any pictures of poor paint apps or quality control on Hasbro's part please email em to tamer@imperialshipyards.net!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 02:20:16 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hasbro Q and A for the Night Before NYCC Party...
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 03:02:07 AM »
We just got our invite for the party and Dan is heading back into NY City to give Hasbro our questions. Does anyone besides me have any?

This happens October 8th so I plan on making sure that gets wrapped up next weekend so we can get said questions to Dan in good shape.

Also, if you have any images of bad paints apps, parts missing, etc. on new Star Wars Product get it to me as I want that to be one of the questions Dan asks.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 05:16:55 AM »
Will Hasbro ever go back to one Star Wars figure line? I hate that they've been running 3 since 2008, it cripples their distribution and they only seem to cycle focus on one at a time. Back when the 30th anniversary series was going, we got great figures like Darth Revan, Voolvif Monn, and Animated début Boba Fett, distribution was great, and the line appealed to both kids and collectors.  Or will they start giving equal focus on all star wars figure lines? Something really has to give to make collecting Star Wars great again.

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »
We've noticed that these new waves of the Black Series figures all come apart very easily at the joints.  Is this due to lower production standards, or was this done with the customizer in mind to make it easier to swap parts so kids could start getting in on the action?

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 09:38:27 AM »
Most of me wonders what the point is since they'll just dodge any question thrown at them...

That said, please ask them to clarify if the super articulated 3 3/4" line is sticking around.  Last time, sites kept asking if they were going to continue 3 3/4" figures, but not stipulating that they were asking about the SA line vs. the retro-style line.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 02:40:51 AM »
That said, please ask them to clarify if the super articulated 3 3/4" line is sticking around.  Last time, sites kept asking if they were going to continue 3 3/4" figures, but not stipulating that they were asking about the SA line vs. the retro-style line.

We actually got that answer last time out. They are continuing the Black Series as their super arty line with their REBELS and Mission Series going more 5 POA.

And they do indeed dodge many questions, but we got some great six inch answers from them last time.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 02:41:48 AM »
Folks, I am wrapping this up this weekend so I have time to get all the questions ready for Dan. Between email, FB, and here we have a pretty nice set, but I can send more!

Offline kalzeth

• Cadet
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 08:37:14 AM »
My questions:

1) What does the future look like for SA 3.75". Obviously this is the Black Series, but is it likely to be only a few figures per year or will we say a broad offering. The question essentially is if 3.75" is mostly Saga with a few Black Series thrown in or if there are two meaty 3.75" lines
2) Is sabine's helmet removable?
3) Any chance of seeing pong krell or Bo Katan figures in the neare future?
4) Another question if a totally different line: many companies are devoting more resources to community interaction (forums, community managers) what plans does hasbro have to do this if any?
5) Will hasbro still produce fan selected figures aka the rebelscum wish list poll? Are they still looking at internet only exclusives as a way of getting fan favorites to die hard collectors (ala EE comic packs, Jocasta)
6) Would hasbro ever consider a micro production line (see kick starter figure campaigns) for collector oriented figures
7) Was the decision to call the new skiff guard as jabbas skiff guard instead of dollalyn driven by a move away from EU sources, confusion over his true name or something else? Will we continue to see unique and interesting names for future aliens?
8) Are we likely to see any figures of characters from new cAnon books, comics and games that don't appear on tv or movies (eg Vidian from new dawn)?

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 06:39:36 PM »
Will Hasbro ever go back to one Star Wars figure line? I hate that they've been running 3 since 2008, it cripples their distribution and they only seem to cycle focus on one at a time.

I TOTALLY agree with this. Hasbro should concentrate on ONE line, two at most.  The worst thing they ever did was make the TLC, TCW and SL lines look similar.  Sellers didint care that they were three lines.  They were little plastic soldiers that cost $8 a pop.  The kids will buy anything from Star Wars.  Hey, what?  Now they dont buy anything.  Let's stop carrying Star Wars.

My beef is all about the paint apps.  I can finally fix almost any drek Hasbro's Asian factory spits out, .... but why should I have to?  At $10 (and it's only a matter of time before it's $11 [look at Marvel Universe]), a new action figure should be so amazing that it makes me almost cry when I open it.

What's gone wrong with the paint apps? 
Why cant they use the correct color plastic in the ball joints?
What are they doing to fix it?
When will we see improvement?
What kind of quality control measures are they going make,  to make sure it never happens again?

Does Hasbro even care?

Don't make me spout out my conspiracy theory that Hasbro is mucking up the quality to kill demand, so they can claim  there's no more collector or kid demand, just to have an excuse to abandon the action figure lines.

Ooops!  I just did.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »

2) Is sabine's helmet removable?
3) Any chance of seeing pong krell or Bo Katan figures in the neare future?

I know the answer from other Q&As.  Forgive me.  I cant remember when or on which site I read this.
1. Sabine's helmet is NOT removable. The paint apps are pretty monochromatic too. 
If you want an action figure with her head, we're going to have to hope they release an update in the future.
That upsets me too.   

2. Bo Katan is not on they're RADAR and Hasbro played coy regarding their promise to produce Pong Krell.
Would you really want a Krell action figure with 5, maybe 7 swivel POAs anyway?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 05:59:12 AM »
Don't know what to ask that won't get shot down.
Not a sw question. Dear hasbro, will there be a 3.75 line released for gi joe in 2015?

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 02:07:48 PM »
Q)

What's with the cheap n nasty product of late?

The 5POA and the underscaled vehicles and, as i've only recently been informed,HOLLOW Imperial Troop Transport from the Rebels line...why?

Is it a cost cutting move?

ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 02:32:33 PM »
Ok, getting the list sorted. Still detailing the order a bit and trying to spread it out between the lines as we never know how long they will give us (most of the time it is just about ten minutes, but sometimes a bit more).

Offline sith_fire30

• Lieutenant
    • Sith_fire30 Creations
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 04:49:23 PM »
Questions...

1. Any chance for a 6" Scaled Dewback for 2015?

2. Has there been any consideration of adding a voice chip to a figure such as the 6" Strom Trooper similar to what was added to the Disney exclusive 12 : figures?

3. Plenty of imperial troop builders in the 6" line (stormtrooper, sandtrooper, tie pilot and hopefully more), how about some troop builders for the Rebels (ex. Blockade Runner Troops, Hoth Troops, A Wing/Y Wing pilots and Endor Commandos)?

4. Environments for 6" Black Series in 2015? - Examples: Vader's Meditation Chamber, Jabba's Throne (complete).

5. Will we see any core figure releases of New Hope figures like Luke, Leia and Kenobi? Ever though about doing a "Early Bird" themed exclusive using 6" figures? 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2014, 04:53:42 PM »
Nice Dayton, we will get those added too!