Author Topic: Joker Diorama  (Read 1697 times)

Offline CustomCreator

• Lieutenant
    • Customizer's Workbench
Joker Diorama
« on: August 22, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »
Had to keep this one under wraps as it was/is for a contest, but now I've uploaded my video and can share!
Hey gents, been a bit! Entered a contest on Facebook that is actually a 3 round tournament! It's called; Articulated Comic Book Art. The purpose is to make a scene that could look like it's out of the pages of a comic book (with cut outs and what not). Here is my Work in progress so far:

Stage 1, I need a desk with a mirror back(like a dressing room.) I scoured Ebay and the webs to see that most desks run about $15-$20. I decide to attempt to make one myself:

The first night, I cobble this together

Tonight, I added drawers, inside sides, and get the mirrors joined. Now, this is supposed to be a vintage beat up desk, so yes, the drawers might be a bit crooked. I like it this way

Luckily, I had an old diorama I never finished building, so I thought I'd try and use that since it's already 1/4 finished (deadline for Round 1 is the 24th)

Don't mind the stick up Joker's butt, I haven't built the stool yet...lol

Check out the before and after staining photos!

So yea, stained the floor, baseboard, desk, and cobbled together a little bench. The wallpaper you see was just a test (and to cover up the styrofoam for picture). I have another pattern in mind. I have some brass drawer pulls on the way as well as some props.

Man do I have respect for you guys that build miniatures. I got my handles in today and put them on the desk. I think I am permanently cross-eyed...lol

"nail"

Brass plate, handles, and nails. The finger under the cup is my pinky!

I tried to dirty them up a bit, but they are so small it doesn't really make much difference as you will see

Almost finished!

With the lights on

(love the new forum format BTW!)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Joker Diorama
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 06:02:17 AM »
This sure looks good on our front page. Just fantastic work.

Thank you for the comments about our new look. And how about that video link?

Offline CustomCreator

• Lieutenant
    • Customizer's Workbench
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 02:19:03 PM »
Sadly, the video sucks compared to the pictures....lol

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »
everything looks excellent mate well done indeed.

Ron

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:20:46 PM by hemble »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 05:39:32 PM »
In the "almost finished" darker shot, it just looks darned convincing. Great job all around.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 03:03:40 PM »
Fantastic. I feel you on painting miniatures, I've been painting all the minifigs on my old Heroquest game to play with the kids. You focus so hard on 1 little point your vision blurs. Great job, can't wait to see the final product.
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers