Author Topic: STAR WARS Command series  (Read 8512 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
STAR WARS Command series
« on: August 16, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »
Hey Guys,

I just went to the local toy store and picked myself and my son up two sets of the new SW Command series figures. I picked up the Sandtrooper Strike set(no brainer  ;D) and the boy got the Imperial Assault set and I have to say these are great little figures.

The detail on the figures are excellent Hasbro has done an awesome job on the ones my self and the boy have got. The others we saw with the vehicles looked great also so we can't wait to get our hands on the other sets as well.  I'll be making a very small dio with the two Sandtroopers and one of the R2 units just to see how they really look once painted.  Being I use to play warhammer and Flames of War I think with a little twinking you could convert rules to suit these figures and vehicles to have some great little battles and do some great scenery as well.

I'll keep you all updated with the small dio and if any of you have any idea's for rules for wargamming please let me know.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: STAR WARS Command series
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 07:33:51 AM »
Hey Ron, I would love to see you review these. We were talking about em a bit last night during our CAFN Podcast and Jetpack Blues had picked up some of them too to customize. Maybe Hasbro has finally produced a lower price point offering folks are gonna get into a bit. I could easily see these being a good introduction into custom action figure painting.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:27:21 AM »
Hey Ron, I would love to see you review these. We were talking about em a bit last night during our CAFN Podcast and Jetpack Blues had picked up some of them too to customize. Maybe Hasbro has finally produced a lower price point offering folks are gonna get into a bit. I could easily see these being a good introduction into custom action figure painting.

Hey Shawn,

I've just painted two sandies and a R2 unit and have started on the base so I'll have pics by the weekend as for the review I'll do a write soon and do a video review once I get rid of this chest infection I have as I sound like a teenager going thru puberty  ;D.

I also just watched the podcast with Jetpack Blues and saw when he was showing the figures. And you are spoton these figures and vehicles are a great way for some to learn how to paint and customize.

Ron
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 03:04:48 AM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
Thanks for watching bud and I can't wait to see what you show us.

Teenager at puberty huh? LOL! That might be fun to see!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 03:06:31 AM »
Thanks for watching bud and I can't wait to see what you show us.

Teenager at puberty huh? LOL! That might be fun to see!

Always a pleasure watching the show mate.

Yeah fun for who LOL even my kids are laughing at me when my voice starts squeeking

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 05:01:52 AM »
That's the first thing I wondered about these. What they would look like with some paint.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 12:06:03 AM »
That's the first thing I wondered about these. What they would look like with some paint.

I'll get some quick indoor pics up tonight for you and the other guys so you can have a look.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 02:06:55 AM »
Hi All,

Here are some quick pics of three of the ST Command Series figures. I figured I would post the quicky pics here so you all can see how they look painted and I will get my usual outdoor pics done by the end of the weekend.

These little figures are fantastic to paint up and throw on a dio like the one I have done and as we have mentioned in this section they are fantastic for the beginner painter and dioramist. These would also be a cheaper alternative for wargammers as you could play space and land battles.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 02:12:15 AM »
And a close up.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 02:47:29 AM »
Ron, that stuff looks fantastic. Maybe Hasbro has finally made their smaller price item that will be worth getting.

I haven't liked anything they have made like that in the past few years like Fighter Pods, Tele Pods, Angry Birds, etc.

This I like! Off to share.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 11:54:14 PM »
Ron, that stuff looks fantastic. Maybe Hasbro has finally made their smaller price item that will be worth getting.

I haven't liked anything they have made like that in the past few years like Fighter Pods, Tele Pods, Angry Birds, etc.

This I like! Off to share.

Thanks buddy and I honestly think they are worth the price, fair enough you get doubles or tripples of figures but they sure make a army up quick. I have also added better outdoor pics in my dio section.

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »
Nice work, Ron! I'll have to take a closer look at these the next time I see em.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 05:40:44 AM »
I had the Star Destroyer in my hand last night and still couldn't pull the trigger. I think that MF Pack has the Walkers and Drivers so I may pick that one up. Perhaps. I sure did like what Ron did with em.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 02:31:06 PM »
Nice work, Ron! I'll have to take a closer look at these the next time I see em.

Thanks mate and I'm heading out today to see if I can find some more as I'm thinking of doing a chess board using them.

I had the Star Destroyer in my hand last night and still couldn't pull the trigger. I think that MF Pack has the Walkers and Drivers so I may pick that one up. Perhaps. I sure did like what Ron did with em.

I've seen the SD in the video's but I wasn't sold on it especially because of the bulkiness underneath it and cheers mate.

Ron
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 06:17:33 PM by hemble »

Offline PrimitiveTodd

• Ensign
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2014, 08:47:03 AM »
Excellent painting!  I love them and will be grabbing a few of these sets...