Author Topic: Bounty Hunters Custom Challenge  (Read 35899 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Bounty Hunters Custom Challenge
« on: August 05, 2014, 03:29:33 PM »
Its high time we announced our next custom contest as voted on by you the members here at ISY!

As you have voted on our latest poll it is about time we started the next challenge which will be BOUNTY HUNTERS!

As for your bounty hunter character it can be anything from Mandalorians to Ithorians from any Star Wars Time Line and show whether it be TV (The Clone Wars, Clone Wars, etc.) or Episodes I through 6. Matter of fact if you have a Bounty Hunter you want to make up that you think would fit well into our SW Verse feel free.

So, once you decide on your character, please make sure your custom action figure meets the following:

1. Must be a new custom that has never been posted by you.

2. Only 1 entry per person. If you create one custom or several, you are entered into this contest one time.

3. Must be 3 3/4" in scale.

4. You can post work in progress pictures if you would like, but please mark your final entry as "Final Entry" and limit it to no more than five pictures please. If possible, especially those of you who make up Bounty Hunters we might not be familiar with we would love to see an reference images you used to create your custom.

5. Bonus (not necessary to enter): If you want to create a small vehicle, dio, or speeder bike to go with your custom that would be awesome too. However, the only thing you need for entry is one custom action figure.

Customs can be submitted from now until Saturday, September 6th (midnight eastern standard time).  

One (1) random winner will be chosen from the entries - and the winner will be completely random. And the prize will be:

I will get an image up soon, but I came across a bevy of awesome Star Wars, JOE, and Wolverine Action Figures I thought would make a nice lot for our next winner. These are already in hand so no waiting for these to be shipped by Hasbro this time!

As always, if you have any questions ask, but its time to get to building! :D
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:45:39 PM by Tamer »

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
Re: Bounty Hunters Custom Challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 06:52:27 PM »
This is sure to be a popular challenge - bounty hunters tend to be fan favorites!  Looking forward to what you guys come up with.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:48:04 PM »
Well, I posted the Brereton rendition of Boba Fett a couple of days too soon :o. This should be an exciting contest full of in universe and original possibilities.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 05:24:54 AM »
I might have missed this in the rules, does this have to be an established character, or can it be completely custom? Thanks.
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 05:50:13 PM »
I might have missed this in the rules, does this have to be an established character, or can it be completely custom? Thanks.

As long as it is three and three quarter in scale and fits into our SW Verse feel free to use your imagination. If you have any reference material for why you chose to create it a particular way please share so we can see!

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:35:47 PM »
Ill enter my version of Kaliyo. Bounty hunter/assassin killer for hire

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2014, 02:38:13 AM »
Ill enter my version of Kaliyo. Bounty hunter/assassin killer for hire

bdc41866, this would have been a great one to use, but you have already shown this custom on:

July 21, 2014, 10:28:51 AM

and this must be " a new custom that has never been posted by you" per the first rule of the challenge. I sure hope you don't mind making another bounty hunter. Can one ever have enough in our SW Verse though?

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 01:36:51 PM »
Bounty hunters surround us.... bind the galaxy together. Oh wait, that's da Force. But yeah, can't have enough hunters  ;D

Tempted to participate, but I've got three commissions that really take precedence. Maybe another time...

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
    • Bronxstalkers Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 01:57:30 PM »
This is perfect for me.  I was already starting to think up ideas for my custom bounty hunter being tasked to hunt down my SW A-team (still thinking of a name).

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 01:14:22 AM »
You are absolutely correct Tamer. My apologies. Here is a brand new creation, a Mandalorian renegade bounty hunter from the SWTOR era. Id like to submit this custom for the competition.

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 01:16:00 AM »
Il repost in the morning. Natural light is so much better.

Offline bdc41866

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 09:33:58 AM »
REposted for more clarity. For a 20 minute custom I kind of like this guy. When your throw your fodder bins on the floor at 5am its amazing what you come up with O0

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 12:44:24 PM »
Here is  my WIP getting ready to be painted. It's a bounty hunter named Landon Kumar. He will hopefully be done tommorow

image by chris.mann23, on Flickr
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2014, 02:14:49 PM »
Good looking wip shots thus far. I am liking where
These are heading.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2014, 05:17:20 AM »
Good job guys, I need to do a reminder about this sometime soon and will use these shots to do it.