Author Topic: Unreality's figure vignettes  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Unreality

• Cadet
    • Rebel Scale
Unreality's figure vignettes
« on: August 05, 2014, 03:10:44 PM »
So I finished a few small figure vignettes recently. I enjoyed it so much I may have to do some more.

The first is a repaint and basing of an Action Fleet Shistavanen figure I call Nöht'ò Nôdi, which means "sharp wolf". It was a gift to a friend who is a member of the Dogrib Tribe, and the figure name is in that language. The rock is from a mold, and the figure is not much taller than a quarter. More pics here: Nöht'ò Nôdi.

And more recently, I repainted an old Unleashed Darth Vader statue. I painted him to look like he was made of brass, like some of the Sideshow statues. I even built a small ladder and added a Micro Machine Anakin Skywalker figure. This is more of an introspective piece than a depiction of a scene. But it's pretty neat to see the child looking at what he will become. More pics here: Darth Vader Reflections.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 08:15:41 PM by Unreality »

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
Re: Unreality's figure vignettes
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 05:50:44 PM »
The Vader giant statues does looks terrific, the metallic effect also looks very good.

Offline ActionFigEmpire

• TK-9849 of Garrison Excelsior
  • Brigadier
  • Action Figure Empire
    • Action Figure Empire
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 06:07:40 PM »
I am truly digging that Vader statue! I would definitely buy one of these for my shelves! It has all the right elements for a Star Wars mythos style piece. Reminds me of the poster of young Annie with the Vader shadow behind him. This is awesome!

"The Empire has a legion of loyal soldiers that are in endless supply."
"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
"For the Empire!"
http://actionfigureempire.blogspot.com/

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »
Loving that Vader Statue piece! I would buy something like that with the quickness. Excellent and I do mean EXCELLENT work on that!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:31:46 PM »
Absolutely brilliant. I love the irony of the statue piece, and the Vader and base are both executed with superior craftsmanship.

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 05:36:44 AM »
I know that all the custom work on these boards is art, but that bronze statue of Vader is the definition of a thought-provoking artistic endeavor.  Wow!   I love making custom action figures, but that is really one of the coolest pieces I've seen on these boards.   Great idea and executed very well with the Micro Machines environment piece to convey Vader's enormous presence.  Bravo!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 07:03:23 AM »
Vader as a statue is beautiful. Excellent work there and the little flight of stairs is the perfect detail to complete it. Hat's off to you sir!

I believe Chewie did something similar for his photonovel, only on a smaller scale. One of the characters is an Ithorian politician and he painted the torso in bronze, thus creating a very nice bust of the character.

Finally, this is a great idea and can be applied in many ways. Off to ponder  :)

Offline Unreality

• Cadet
    • Rebel Scale
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 10:22:57 AM »
Thanks guys. The comments mean a lot.  ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 05:19:16 PM »
Very nice update. Time to get part of it on the front page.