Author Topic: Mandalorian Demon! - Updated 6/8/2022  (Read 44756 times)

Offline huttman

• Cadet
  • Sofisticus Sluggus
Re: Star-Fall-Hazard Girl- 02/14/16
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2016, 08:09:02 PM »
Fantastic and very creative work! Great idea using the Droid wing as a Air/Surf board. I love your paint apps!

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2016, 02:32:05 AM »
Aerys is one Rad looking sky surfer! Great custom figure and sky board accessory.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #107 on: February 29, 2016, 11:20:28 PM »
Great job again. Wonderful blend of parts and the Vulture droid wing as a "surf" board was inspired! Really enjoying your custom work (and the comic!).

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
    • Star-Fall: The Webcomic
Bunny Squad - 3/18/16
« Reply #108 on: March 18, 2016, 05:38:33 PM »
Hey Yarders,

I wanted to share a non-Star-Fall project that we hope to be launching as a VAST!comics title at some point soon called: B.U.N.N.Y. Squad.

The Bunnies are secret agents that fight global terrorism and look fine as heck while they do it. Inspired by the low budget movies of the 70s, Charlie's Angels, James Bond, and Totally Spies, the girls of B.U.N.N.Y. Squad all have their own specialties in the field and a boatload of high tech gadgets and gear. We'll be putting together a creative team to bring the Bunnies to the web this summer. Let us know what you think of the idea in the comments.

Thanks for viewing. Stay tuned for more!
starfall-thecomic.com
"Live by the multisword, die by the multisword."

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Bunny Squad - 3/18/16
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2016, 04:53:18 AM »
Sounds like an interesting story to me. Off to share.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2016, 01:44:14 PM »
Somebody PLEASE pick my jaw up off of the floor.
These are just amazing.
To heck with Bronies.  Where do I sign up for this fan club?
If these figures combine to form a giant robot, I will die a happy geek.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #111 on: March 21, 2016, 08:01:04 PM »
Just plain Sweeeeeeet!!!
I daughter loves these girls, She wants in on the fan club.
I love the body styling, just great.
Nice design and not overly sexy.
Cant wait for more!!!!!

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2016, 07:15:55 PM »
Finally have some time to respond to all of your amazing feedback.

Bunnies:

@nickeltcd: Thank you so much. That's awesome that your daughter loved the Bunnies and wants to be the first member of their fanclub. Yeah, I was going for a bit more tasteful approach to the girls this time. The comic will be a bit more risque however. More to come soon!

@Sjefke: You are too kind, sir! Hahaha oh man, I hadn't even thought of Bronies, but you're right. Glad to see you want in on the fan club too! Anything is possible, and a giant robot wouldn't be out of the question... we may just have to do that in one of the story arcs. ;)

Aerys Laytrum:

@Tamer: Ah, I hadn't thought of Jen, but I can see their faces share some resemblances. Yes, to me she would pose for a racing announcement or in the winner's circle while holding her board that way. Long before I had even built the board I knew I wanted some shots of her holding it that way. Although, by far the most time consuming, the data cards are the most fun photos to work on.

@Bronxstalker: Thank you my friend. I really try to push myself to create original and unique figures unlike anything that we've already seen in sci-fi and pop culture.

@jon_k: Thank you. I am an obsessive perfectionist, so I push it to a crazy level in trying to get the most detail out of each figure. Thanks for noticing!

@ghostskull18: Thanks friend!

@Sjefke: Thank you again. No character is complete without their signature gear ;) Metal is my absolute favorite material and effect to create and paint. I like my universe to look well-worn, used, and with that perfect level of grime and rust on it, you know? So glad you like Slugg too!

@AjuntaPall: Thank you so much! Yes, female characters are a big favorite of mine too. You have some excellent characters as well, my friend. Aerys' head went through 2 versions. The first was an Ysanne Isard comic pack head, but she looked too old and angry and I botched the paint apps. So I resorted to a more youthful looking Marion Ravenwood head and Marvel Universe Pyslocke hair.

@Art deWhill: Thank you! Yes her Skyboard was a lot of fun to make but took a while and finding all the right parts was a bit of a headache. Settling for "Skyboard" was also a long struggle in trying to come up with the best name for her craft.

@huttman: Thank you very much! Yes, I have had those break-away droid wings for years now and making them into surfboards has been one of my favorite fodder repurposings that I've done. Glad you like my paint work. :D

@I-Am-Boba-Fett: Thank you sir! I'm glad you like her and her board.

@Starchaser: Thank you so much! I'm glad you're reading the comic and enjoying it! Thanks for your continued support of the figures as well :)

starfall-thecomic.com

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2016, 07:28:43 PM »
Thanks for all the fantastic feedback, everyone. I try to reply whenever possible. We've been working like mad lately getting as much material as we can for our upcoming gallery show. I've managed to crank out the remaining 2 main cast members of the Star-Fall comic as well. So without further ado...

Meet Payjiiana "Payj" Vadovaysiian. Payj was genetically engineered by her father, a famous warrior, to be the perfect squire to accompany him into battle and help carry his weapons and gear. She's also a gifted inventor, engineer, and tech-wiz. A few chapters down the road we'll see her run into Rrrouthaan and J'Vaadus and become one of the main heroes of the story.

Thank you for viewing! Your feedback is invaluable in the creative process for the Star-Fall Universe.
starfall-thecomic.com

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Squire Payj - Update! 4/30/16
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2016, 11:26:09 PM »
Fabulous! I really like the extra arms.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #115 on: May 02, 2016, 08:27:16 AM »
Nice. Love the back apparatus! Off to share.

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2016, 04:04:41 PM »
Awesome work!

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2016, 08:14:58 AM »
Thank you for your feedback! I'm doing a marathon of custom figure work to finish as many Star-Fall figures as I possibly can before the upcoming art show where we will be displaying them. So moving right along to...

Our final cast member, Metra Freyy, or as we call her around the studio, "Worm Girl" a nickname we assure you she will live up to in later chapters of the comic. Metra is a mysterious and deadly assassin with the ability to turn any object into a weapon. Obsessively goal oriented, she kills without regard to the lives she is taking. Her origins are mostly unknown, but it's rumored that she may not even be an organic lifeform at all, some say she's a robot while others believe she may be an angry spirit in possession of the body of a legendary warrior...

Here's the main cast of heroes from the comic:

Thanks for viewing. Stay tuned for more figures.
starfall-thecomic.com

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Worm Girl - Update! 5/3/16
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2016, 02:38:49 AM »
Woah, freaky but in a great way! I love the sound of her and the images with her and that large blade are awesome. I can't wait to see more of her character. Off to share.

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
Re: Worm Girl - Update! 5/3/16
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2016, 07:07:42 PM »
Another superb hit on your hands.
You have a fantastic artistic feel and touch.
We cant wait for more, my DD just loves your face choice and hair color and styling.

Your Fan club awaits. Thanks.

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true