Author Topic: Mandalorian Demon! - Updated 6/8/2022  (Read 44932 times)

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
Re: More Mandalorian Madness! - Updated 4/10/2022
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2022, 01:07:32 PM »
Every one of these Mandos is top notch.  I especially like Rael Kyvvith and Klaev Viddek, they have a real savagery about them.  Very, very, very nicely done.

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
    • Star-Fall: The Webcomic
Re: More Mandalorian Madness! - Updated 4/10/2022
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2022, 11:43:55 AM »
@Starchaser: Thank you! I was a bit apprehensive about how the brighter/lime green would look, but I think it worked. Thanks for your feedback!

@Tamer: Thank you so much! Always an honor, and I don't think I've ever had a personalized custom posted here before, so this is a first. I'm planning to do an unhelmeted head too, so we'll have to see how that works out.

@Moronarama: Thank you for your kind words! That's exactly what I was going for with my villains. I wanted them to be brutal and merciless, something we may not see on screen from Disney, but that embodies the Mandalorian warrior's skills and weapons to an even more extreme level.

Alright, it's time for another custom Mando to join this ever-growing clan! I keep showing my girlfriend my works in progress, which she enjoys, and she keeps telling me how glad she is that I started making customs again, because it makes me happy too. So with her support and those good vibes in mind, I've now got 6 WIPs on my table in my studio. Here's a quicker addition to my gf's clan ranks that was a lot of fun to do and didn't take too long. I didn't add any physical damage to her armor this time and just painted on the wear and tear. I used a GI Joe Classified Scarlett body (which I've seen a lot of others use successfully for Mandos) and it gave her a taller, thinner, almost CW animated series look. I added a sniper scope to her rangefinder and used an old PoTF2 EE-3 (I think?) blaster rifle for her primary weapon.

Here's Tellah Dallin, Mandalorian sniper and one of the dedicated defenders of Mandalore The Rectifier's clan. Not much is known about her, but if her teal and turquoise armor is any indication, she's seen more than her fair share of combat. It's said she hails from an aquatic world orginally and painted her armor as a tribute to the blue-green oceans she once swam in.

As always, thanks again for looking and for your feedback! Keep up the great custom work everyone!
starfall-thecomic.com
"Live by the multisword, die by the multisword."

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: New Mandalorian Incoming! - Updated 4/25/2022
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2022, 04:14:34 PM »
I like that color scheme, it looks fantastic! The range finder with scope is really cool (at least that's what I'm assuming it is?) I would love to see her with a long rifle of some kind as part of her equipment. Great figure, for sure.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:17:12 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2022, 02:35:04 AM »
Wow, 6 new customs incoming. I like the sound of that. Great new Mando.

Off to share on the front pages.

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2022, 07:09:31 AM »
@Starchaser: Thank you! Yep that's a sniper scope integrated into her rangefinder. I thought about giving her a long gun, but I liked the idea that with the rangefinder, any weapon essentially becomes a sniper rifle for her.

@Tamer: Thank you so much! Yep, 6 or 7, or 8 now I've lost track haha and I just got in 10 new custom printed Mando helmets to use. I just need those Death Watch bodies now.

May the 4th Be With You! In honor of Star Wars Day, I wanted to share my latest custom Mandalorian...

Garcen Curr, a Mandalorian veteran encased in heavy beskar armor, is equipped to survive the harshest environments. He wields a spray rifle that shoots streams of highly corrosive acid, strong enough to eat through plasteel and durasteel. While it is less effective against beskar, it has no trouble eating through the fabrics of most flight suits and flak jackets. What good is beskar armor if your flesh is blistering and peeling under it? He also carries his own oxygen supply on his back that connects to a valve on his helmet. He fights for Mandalore The Rectifier and often gives tactical advice, based on his experience across numerous battles.

Thanks so much for looking and for your feedback! It's always appreciated and helps me do my best work. May the 4th be With You! And keep up the great work.
starfall-thecomic.com

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: May the 4th Mando Update! - Updated 5/4/2022
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2022, 09:05:56 PM »
That's pretty cool. I like the additional protection on the helmet and the fluid cylinders  on the gun.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2022, 02:57:49 AM »
Man great custom with custom weapon. Nice all the way around. You are really doing some nice work on these Mandos. I am really liking the color schemes you are coming up with too.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2022, 06:13:57 AM »
Your latest Mando customs look phenomenal.
The weathering on your figures never fail to impress.
Excellent work.

Offline Moronarama

• Commander
  • UTINI!!!!
    • Moronarma Facebook Page
« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2022, 08:17:51 AM »
Fantastic set!  The weathering is really great.

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2022, 09:21:21 AM »
@Tamer Thank you! I busted out an old fabrication/sculpture technique I came up with in high school to make the slime effect. Hot glue squeezed into water to create forms without them getting stuck to another surface or burning your hands, then applying more glue to the frame and using the water to quickly cool what you've added/shaped. Kind of like forging metal haha. Among other things, I've used the technique to create the tentacles for a life-size jellyfish.

@FialaFernbrugg: Thank you so much! I'm so glad you like the weathering. It's my favorite part to do and I often worry that it doesn't come through in the photos as some detail is lost. I need to upgrade my camera and re-shoot some of them.

@Moronarama: Thank you! I'm glad you like it!

The Mandos continue with a new villain joining Klaev Viddeck's ranks. This character was inspired by some elements of Japanese demons, specifically Oni and Yokai and the popular masks and designs depicting them in Japanese culture. I felt the red armor and white bone elements of Kalev's crew worked very well with the typical depiction of Japanese demons with red skin, big sharp protruding teeth, and horns.

Furui Kyoryu (Old Dinosaur), is a strange Mandalorian to say the least. A headhunter and assassin, he has adorned his helmet with the tusks, teeth, and horns of dozens of creatures he's hunted and killed over his extensive career. He resembles a terrifying dragon and cuts a bone-chilling silhouette wherever he goes. He also wears the face-plates cut from the skulls of two twin aliens that double-crossed him, with their own horns and finger bones protruding from their empty eye sockets on his shoulder armor to serve as a warning to anyone else that might think about making the same mistake. Over the years he adapted his armor to fit two functional droid arms that give him twice the lethal dexterity of most two-armed beings. It also makes him look menacingly alien. Skilled with most weapon types, he's never unarmed, and can readily dispatches multiple targets at once. In addition to blaster pistols and a beskar sword, he wields a large vibro-scythe that he uses to behead beings that don't need to be taken in alive. He's been shot, blown up, spaced, and set on fire and he still keeps coming after his targets. Some say he's a droid, while others claim there's no one under his armor but a vengeful spirit of the Mandalorian it once belonged to. Some kind of horrifying ghost or demon!

Thanks for looking and keep up the awesome custom work everyone!
starfall-thecomic.com

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
Re: Mandalorian Demon! - Updated 6/8/2022
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2022, 02:28:35 PM »
Some really interesting concepts you've got going on in here. I really like the corrosive rifle that the Mando heavy is carrying.   ()rr
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #176 on: June 09, 2022, 06:48:32 AM »
Wow, love the extra arms. I could see this one being a handful. Love the oni concept too.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2022, 11:04:36 PM »
That figure turned out pretty gnarly! He looks great, and I love the backstory.

Online Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #178 on: June 10, 2022, 01:20:56 AM »
Wow, you gather an impressive army of 6" Mandos there! And every single figure is a unique masterpiece!
The most recent one looks exotic for the SW universe, but I like this style - more Warhammer vibes.
The two extra arms are a nice touch indeed as well as the deco on the shoulder armor.

Garcen Curr is the one I find super cool, especially the way you modified his helmet! Great choice of colors and some interesting weapon there!

Tellah Dallin enjoys an awesome combination of colors! Love how she turned out and also the way you make their armor look mat.

And if I remember correctly, you married recently, right?

Offline Don

• Captain
« Reply #179 on: June 10, 2022, 07:07:12 AM »
Really love seeing your creative parts-choices. You're using things I would not have considered, and making it look great.
And your weathering skills are really kick-ass. Making me want to go paint something. 😉