Author Topic: Mandalorian Demon! - Updated 6/8/2022  (Read 44989 times)

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: New Star Wars Custom - Updated 2/16/2022
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2022, 03:01:42 PM »
Really like the different approach in style of your customs! So good to have you back aboard! Congrats on your workspace upgrade as well! Those are some nice customs especially the one you made for Valentine's Day! That's a really cool paint scheme for her Mandalorian armor! I hope you enjoy the momentum and keep them coming! Best wishes and a happy belated Valentine's Day from Germany!

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
    • Star-Fall: The Webcomic
Re: New Star Wars Custom - Updated 2/16/2022
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2022, 03:33:20 PM »
@Starchaser: Thanks! Nice to see everyone and the great work you've been up to while I've been gone. Too  much talented work to even begin to try and catch up on! Thanks so much for your feedback and encouragement! The head is a repainted MacFarlane GoT Arya Stark head that fit my gf's features better than most other heads out there.

@Tamer: It definitely is true love  ;D Thanks for the share and great to see you too!

@RC-1136: Thank you! Oof, that was the trickiest part! I've done the same kinds of piercings (with pieces of chain) on 3.75" that were somehow much easier. Nearly gave up on it. She loves it! She's a big geek and loves comics and Star Wars and scifi/fantasy/horror/noir... it's never difficult sharing what you love with someone who loves you for who you are. If people get awkward about your hobbies, then they probably aren't your people ;)

@JDeck: Thank you! It's the first personalized custom I've done in a long, long time. And the first I've done in 6" too.

@Darth More: Thank you very much! Great to be back! I have a new one to show below, another WIP and a version of myself as a mando planned as well. Thank you! Happy belated Valentine's Day!

Thank you for all of your amazing encouragement and feedback! It's always greatly appreciated! The custom momentum continues to flow and I just finished another custom Mandalorian. I plan to make myself as a Mando to join my girlfriend's Mando on our shelves (as soon as Hasbro releases the 6" Death Watch Mando figure). In the meantime I figured it'd be fun to make us some villains to face off against together. I was really impressed by Hasbro's work on their Bad Batch figures. Not perfect, but overall, really high quality and smartly engineered for Hasbro Black Series. I especially like the Wrecker figure. So much so that I thought it'd work nicely as a base for a heavy Mandalorian character. I really like all the scarring and battle damage they added, instead of just painting a few places with paint-wear, they actually put a bunch of scrapes and slices and slashes into the body. Couple that with some parts from the Heavy Infantry/Paz Vizsla figure and voila! A new take on a big bruiser of a Mandalorian warrior...

I present Klaev Viddek, a Mandalorian warlord and big game hunter. When he's not conquering planets and plundering cities with his band of marauding Mandos, he hunts fearsome fauna across the galaxy. The bigger and meaner the monster, the better. He wears the scars of his numerous battles and hunts with pride and has adorned his armor and helmet with the teeth, claws, and tusks from some of the creatures he's taken down. I had a lot of fun putting this one together and adding all the scoring, scarring, damage, bones, wear, dirt, grime and weathering to it. Thanks for looking and your feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks for looking and keep up the great work!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2022, 03:36:01 PM by StarFall »
starfall-thecomic.com
"Live by the multisword, die by the multisword."

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
Re: Another New Star Wars Custom - Updated 3/12/2022
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2022, 02:36:05 AM »
WOW! Just a couple days ago I thought about of how I could repaint my Credit Collection Paz Vizsla figure, which I got cheap for 15€ in damaged packaging. First of all I really like all the mods you added to your Klaev Viddek (awesome name and story btw!). And the paint job you gave him looks spectacular! Reminds me of a Blood Angel of Warhammer 40k.
The details on his backpack and skirt alone look beyond impressive! I'm here jumping more than sitting on my chair. You totally amaze my with this custom figure, Sir.
By the way do you know the band STARSET ?
Their albums VESSELS and DIVISIONS are really good. I like listening to their music while working on custom projects.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2022, 06:05:58 AM »
Wow,wow,wow!

Now that is one great villian. I love the spikes. Not too much, nothing overkill on em.

Love the weapon he has too.

Off to share on the front pages.

Thanks for sharing the base for this figure.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2022, 03:43:34 PM »
That's one impressive custom! I like the addition of the teeth and talons, but my favorite element has to be the shoulder rockets. Great paint job too! I like his backstory:)

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
New Star Mandalorian Custom - Updated 3/21/2022
« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2022, 12:11:46 PM »
@Darth More: Thank you! I feel like some figures are just begging to be made into customs. Yes I thought about the WH40K similarities as I was creating Klaev. It should be no surprise that I collected and played the Blood Angels way back when haha. Klaev's armor feels a bit like a Chaos Blood Angel crossover Space Marine. One of my favorite things about the Star Wars universe is the way things look used and lived-in. This time I added some charred effects to his jetpack to make it look like he's made many flights without cleaning it. Thanks again for your feedback and support! I haven't listened to that band yet, but I'll check them out next time I'm in my studio. Always appreciate music recommendations!

@Tamer: Thank you! I'm honored! Yes, that's exactly what I thought too about the spikes and bones. Something I learned while doing the Sandalorian customs I made years ago that combined Tuskens and Mandos. A little definitely goes a long way. Otherwise they're walking porcupine pincushions who can't move without stabbing themselves or someone else haha. And Mandos are all about functionality over needless style and flair. I used the shotgun weapon from the Force Awakens Chewie for the base of the weapon and added one of the handles from the Heavy Mando repeating blaster, and the grip and trigger from a Stormtrooper DLT20A.

@Starchaser: Thank you! I'm glad you like the spikes, they're my favorite part too! I didn't intend them to be rockets, they were supposed to be additional horns/spikes from big game animals, but I like that they could secretly be rockets that he could fire at his targets. Great idea!

I knew I wanted to do more than one villain for my gf's Mando character, and I knew I wanted at least one of them to be a female Mando. So while I was finishing up Klaev Viddek, I got the idea to do a female counterpart in the same, or a similar style as Klaev. While they look very similar in their armor colors and designs, I wanted the female villain to be a bit more extreme and evil than Klaev. Although she's not a regular member of his crew, she has worked with and for him on multiple occasions and it's possible that they're members of the same Mando clan. I wanted her to have a particularly sinister and scary look to her armor so I drew inspiration from raptors and other birds of prey. I also added a lot of physical battle damage to her armor with a variety of tools to create some real dents, scrapes, cuts, and gouges.

Meet Rael Kyvvith, a mysterious and brutal Mandalorian assassin. While not much is known about who she actually is, her reputation precedes her and strikes fear into the hearts of other Mandalorians and those with bounties on their heads. Especially those that are worth more dead. Not many know her real name, but most denizens of the galactic underworld have heard nightmarish tales attributed to some of her spookier monikers. "Bloodbird," "Crimson Tanager," "The Scarlet Harpy," and "The Bonehawk" being just a few. They're often the last words on an unlucky soul's lips before they're dragged off into the shadows and never seen again. Hopefully you'll never have to meet her... or maybe she's already hunting you and--wait, what's that behind you??  ;)

Thanks for looking! Your feedback is always appreciated and helps me strive to do my best work! Keep up the great custom work everyone!
starfall-thecomic.com

Offline Don

• Captain
Re: New Star Mandalorian Custom - Updated 3/21/2022
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2022, 02:46:38 PM »
Wow, she looks great! And frightening! Good job.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2022, 03:43:23 PM »
She looks intimidating, to be sure! I wouldnt want to meet her in a dark alley. The battle damage on her armor looks really good. It looks like you made good use of some Boss Fight Studios parts for the custom. Great job!

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2022, 03:47:35 PM »
@Darth More: Thank you! I feel like some figures are just begging to be made into customs. Yes I thought about the WH40K similarities as I was creating Klaev. It should be no surprise that I collected and played the Blood Angels way back when haha. Klaev's armor feels a bit like a Chaos Blood Angel crossover Space Marine. One of my favorite things about the Star Wars universe is the way things look used and lived-in. This time I added some charred effects to his jetpack to make it look like he's made many flights without cleaning it. Thanks again for your feedback and support! I haven't listened to that band yet, but I'll check them out next time I'm in my studio. Always appreciate music recommendations!

@Tamer: Thank you! I'm honored! Yes, that's exactly what I thought too about the spikes and bones. Something I learned while doing the Sandalorian customs I made years ago that combined Tuskens and Mandos. A little definitely goes a long way. Otherwise they're walking porcupine pincushions who can't move without stabbing themselves or someone else haha. And Mandos are all about functionality over needless style and flair. I used the shotgun weapon from the Force Awakens Chewie for the base of the weapon and added one of the handles from the Heavy Mando repeating blaster, and the grip and trigger from a Stormtrooper DLT20A.

@Starchaser: Thank you! I'm glad you like the spikes, they're my favorite part too! I didn't intend them to be rockets, they were supposed to be additional horns/spikes from big game animals, but I like that they could secretly be rockets that he could fire at his targets. Great idea!

I knew I wanted to do more than one villain for my gf's Mando character, and I knew I wanted at least one of them to be a female Mando. So while I was finishing up Klaev Viddek, I got the idea to do a female counterpart in the same, or a similar style as Klaev. While they look very similar in their armor colors and designs, I wanted the female villain to be a bit more extreme and evil than Klaev. Although she's not a regular member of his crew, she has worked with and for him on multiple occasions and it's possible that they're members of the same Mando clan. I wanted her to have a particularly sinister and scary look to her armor so I drew inspiration from raptors and other birds of prey. I also added a lot of physical battle damage to her armor with a variety of tools to create some real dents, scrapes, cuts, and gouges.

Meet Rael Kyvvith, a mysterious and brutal Mandalorian assassin. While not much is known about who she actually is, her reputation precedes her and strikes fear into the hearts of other Mandalorians and those with bounties on their heads. Especially those that are worth more dead. Not many know her real name, but most denizens of the galactic underworld have heard nightmarish tales attributed to some of her spookier monikers. "Bloodbird," "Crimson Tanager," "The Scarlet Harpy," and "The Bonehawk" being just a few. They're often the last words on an unlucky soul's lips before they're dragged off into the shadows and never seen again. Hopefully you'll never have to meet her... or maybe she's already hunting you and--wait, what's that behind you??  ;)

Thanks for looking! Your feedback is always appreciated and helps me strive to do my best work! Keep up the great custom work everyone!
starfall-thecomic.com

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2022, 03:53:58 PM »
Whoops! Didn't mean to create a whole new thread here.  bbfet
starfall-thecomic.com

Offline RC-1136

• Brigadier
  • For the Republic!
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2022, 01:03:47 AM »
Job well done! Nice incorporation on the queen of the swarm wings. Definitely gives the impression of a Maul-affiliated Mandalorian for sure.
Star Wars Fan. Action Figure Customizer/collector. Favorite Star Wars Time Period: The Clone Wars.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Another New Mandalorian Custom - Updated 3/21/2022
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2022, 02:31:46 AM »
Merged the topics. Man, this is a great gal villian Mando. Reminds me of the Zerg Queen.

Offline StarFall

• Ensign
Re: Another New Mandalorian Custom - Updated 3/21/2022
« Reply #162 on: April 10, 2022, 02:25:25 PM »
@RC-1136: Thank you! I wanted to give one of the villainous Mandos an avian/bird of prey look and feel to her, but you're right I could see her aligning with Maul too.

@Tamer: Thank you! Now a Zerg Mandalorian clan would be interesting. Or even a Zerg-hunting bunch of Mandos. That would be an awesome crossover!

Can you ever have enough Mandalorians? Nope! So here we go with another new Mando figure. Since doing the custom Mando for my girlfriend, I have (and she has too) wanted to do my own custom figure to join hers on the shelves and go on adventures together. Initially I was waiting until the release of the Black Series Death Watch Mandalorian, because his helmet has the best sculpt for the style I wanted to use. But those figures are slated to be released in 2023 (though some folks are finding them sooner, lucky ducks!) and I didn't want to wait that long. So I decided I'd get to work on the body and wait for the right head to eventually arrive. Then I realized I could probably use the helmet from a Mandalorian Loyalist figure as a good stand-in. I think I actually like it better than the Death Watch style, there are a lot of Mando helmets with range-finders, and it's kind of neat to see another without one. And I can always make an alternate helmet once the DW figures arrive. I also have plans to do an un-helmeted head as well, but I was too excited not to share the figure as it is now. I used 2 shades of my favorite color for the armor.

I present, Elu-Sam Dannis, a wandering Mandalorian bounty hunter. While he has mostly kept to himself as he made his way through the galaxy, that changed when, tracking down a target for a greedy hutt, he came across Samsa B'ite and her clan of Mandalorians on a remote world. Samsa had tracked and cornered the fugitive and Elu-Sam got the drop on both of them. After sparring and grappling over the bounty the two hunters came to an agreement. They'd both turn in the target and split the payout. Elu-Sam transported the fugitive back to the hutt lord, and then returned with Samsa's half of the bounty. She invited him into her clan's hideout and Elu-Sam was welcomed into their clan by their leader, and self-proclaimed Mandalore The Rectifier. Elu and Samsa now often hunt targets together and bring their earnings back to the clan to help them rebuild.

Thanks for looking and for your feedback, it means a lot and helps make me strive for my best! Keep up the amazing customizing work!
starfall-thecomic.com

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: More Mandalorian Madness! - Updated 4/10/2022
« Reply #163 on: April 10, 2022, 07:47:32 PM »
He (you) turned out really cool! I like the color choice. I like how you developed the backstory - nice job.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: More Mandalorian Madness! - Updated 4/10/2022
« Reply #164 on: April 11, 2022, 02:57:47 AM »
I too like the color choice on this one. Very nice.

I agree great backstory.