Poll

Pending choices for our next custom challenge!

Sci-Fi Tribute Challenge
Star Wars EU
Ultimate Figure-multiple lines
Star Wars No Paint Kit Bash
Star Wars Mirror Universe
Star Wars Aliens

Author Topic: What should our next challenge be?  (Read 43996 times)

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
Re: What should our next challenge be?
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2016, 07:04:45 PM »
Could get a jump on December and try Jyn Erso.

Alternate BB-unit astromechs, because BB-8 can't be the only one produced.

Or ancient sith? Ajunta Pall/Freedon Nadd/Naga Sadow

Snoke?

Not sure there is enough to go off of Jyn, I mean there's like 2-3 pics of her, but at the same time we'd all have literally no parts to work off of.

BB series astromechs sounds like many repaints, something more complex to show how each artist perceives things differently.

Freedon Nadd, and Naga Sadow (was thinking these two as well) have 2-3 different versions each to play off of, Ajunta Pall is depicted very plain, but still has two versions to use. Ancient sith could still yield some good options like Marka Ragnos has a couple versions to play with, and interesting helmet, and armor would be cool to see what people come up with, Exar Kun as well.

Snoke seems to shrouded yet, looks like the emperor with a different head, where this head would nearly require a sculpt that may make people shy away.

Neat ideas overall though, good input. Tamer did you want to make a front page post, and see if we can get more than the three of us in on this before we vote on a character? I could rattle off a ton of complex characters, but think participation will be higher if people get in on this from the beginning.

Offline jon_k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2016, 07:11:38 PM »
Could get a jump on December and try Jyn Erso.

Alternate BB-unit astromechs, because BB-8 can't be the only one produced.

Or ancient sith? Ajunta Pall/Freedon Nadd/Naga Sadow

Snoke?

Not sure there is enough to go off of Jyn, I mean there's like 2-3 pics of her, but at the same time we'd all have literally no parts to work off of.

BB series astromechs sounds like many repaints, something more complex to show how each artist perceives things differently.

Freedon Nadd, and Naga Sadow (was thinking these two as well) have 2-3 different versions each to play off of, Ajunta Pall is depicted very plain, but still has two versions to use. Ancient sith could still yield some good options like Marka Ragnos has a couple versions to play with, and interesting helmet, and armor would be cool to see what people come up with, Exar Kun as well.

Snoke seems to shrouded yet, looks like the emperor with a different head, where this head would nearly require a sculpt that may make people shy away.

Neat ideas overall though, good input. Tamer did you want to make a front page post, and see if we can get more than the three of us in on this before we vote on a character? I could rattle off a ton of complex characters, but think participation will be higher if people get in on this from the beginning.

I don't necessarily disagree with you on any of those points to be honest, I'm just having a hard time thinking of a character that would be both interesting enough for people to want to participate, while still not having a production sculpt already. For all my thinking "I can't believe they didn't make X character," they certainly did make most of them.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2016, 11:20:31 PM »
This is a really good discussion so far, and some great ideas have been floated. Personally, I favor a category of character (such as the ancient sith idea) rather than one specific character (like Revan) as it allows greater creativity.

I just saw this post today, so I'm not sure that I've got any inspired ideas about classes of characters yet, however.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2016, 05:51:23 AM »
Good point about getting some more exposure in here. I like the characters presented so far.

Folks, make sure you give us the character name not just a general category like rebel pilots, sith, kotor, etc. Lets get specific here. We can let the vote sort out which one folks will do.

Off to the front page.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:57:41 AM by Tamer »

Offline Coruscant_Cantina_Customs

• Lieutenant
  • #1 Twi'lek fan
    • Coruscant Customs
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2016, 07:24:45 AM »
Where do we vote?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:30:13 AM by Cantina_Customs »
I am altering the action figure. Pray I do not alter it further.

Offline jon_k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »
Where do we vote?

We're still nominating ideas, toss out some suggestions if you've got them! Voting will happen when nominations have closed.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #81 on: May 17, 2016, 11:56:36 AM »
Where do we vote?

Yepper right now we are just picking some characters. I am gonna be selfish and throw out

AT-AT Heavy Door Gunner (aka I.M.P.S.)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #82 on: May 17, 2016, 12:34:50 PM »
Ok, I put together the list so far and added a few more ideas I had. We can add any character you would like here and just let the vote sort out which character wins.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9319.msg193361#msg193361

That is the location of the list so far. I will add to that as we get new characters.

Offline jon_k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: May 17, 2016, 01:53:32 PM »
Ok, I put together the list so far and added a few more ideas I had. We can add any character you would like here and just let the vote sort out which character wins.

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9319.msg193361#msg193361

That is the location of the list so far. I will add to that as we get new characters.

Awesome! When a winner is picked , could we get a short bio for clarity? Just because I'm not totally familiar with what is the difference between a heavy door gunner and regular gunner, etc.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2016, 07:07:27 PM »

Awesome! When a winner is picked , could we get a short bio for clarity? Just because I'm not totally familiar with what is the difference between a heavy door gunner and regular gunner, etc.

I was thinking something similar would be a good idea, at least pictures, for say Naga Sadow won, there are many pictures of him fighting Ludo Kressh, where confusion could pop up of who's who. So in general this would be a god idea for those who want to participate, but don't know the winner.

Offline Mandalore25

• Colonel
  • For Mandalore!
    • DarthArmoressCustoms
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »
Starkiller/Galen Marek, from Force Unleashed would be a good idea, but there would need to be the stipulation in 3.75" scale it has to be a costume not made by Hasbro, though 6" would be open for Hasbro never made him in that scale. A very broad choice for he still has like a dozen unproduced costumes to work with, one character, lots of creative freedom.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2016, 02:05:09 AM »

Of course. I think that is a great idea. So whomever nominates a character, be ready to write the description if your character is the forum vote favorite!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2016, 02:07:49 AM »
Folks I am thinking we keep these all 3.75" to get more participation. I don't mind 6" at all, but am thinking totally from a what gets us the most entries doing this perspective.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 07:54:02 AM by Tamer »

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2016, 04:19:25 AM »
Ooh what about characters from some older Tales of the Jedi comics, Nomi Sunrider, Ulic Qel-Droma, etc?

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2016, 07:20:51 AM »
3.75" Rey