Author Topic: Bronxstalker's customs (Pg 37:6" Ven Zallow)  (Read 86135 times)

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
    • Bronxstalkers Facebook page
Re: Bronxstalker's customs
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2014, 06:15:32 PM »
Thanks.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2014, 07:49:35 AM »
I don't know how I didn't get these on the front page, but this new one is up there now. Fantastic work!

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2014, 09:18:21 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Tamer.

Here goes the mule droid that accompanies the Galactic Marauders.  As the "confiscate" gear/loot, they rely on the mule droid to lug around what they collect.  (pics are bad quality due to phone camera, main camera needs new batteries).  And yes, he does open and hold stuff.  He's made from some mint candy tin box and some other stuff.

The following are not figures nor fit into any lore, but I came across some guy that makes these and calls them Valero-bots.  My daughter loves them, so I decided to start making them....but I'll call mine....Stalker-bots, lol.  They're pretty much made from random odd stuff found around the house.  For example, the one on the left is made from a cake frosting jar, bottle caps, etc.  The second one is made....from a deodorant container. I'm going to making more of these....I told my wife not to throw anything away without me looking at it first, lol.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2014, 03:11:35 AM »
Now that is a great way to use some everyday items to create some great stuff. Back to the front page with you.

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2014, 04:21:05 AM »
Hey man, great work on those Galactic Marauders. Looking sharp, as do Daredevil and Storm Shadow. Keep working with that sculpting compound. You're off to a better start than me way back and practice makes perfect.

Did you receive the parts yet? I've sent out quite a few parcels and can't really remember who received theirs yet ;)

I'm trying to create my version of a storm trooper, and wow....painting whites suck.  Heck, my white doesn't even match my storm trooper's white helmet.  My white is crazy white, and the helmet next to it makes the white look so bright, with the helmet not as white.
Is there a particular white that's best to use to try and match that kind of trooper white?  What's the best method to paint whites?  Should I spray paint that sucker and then go in and just hand paint all the non-whites?

White's a tough colour to paint. My method: apply a thorough coat of white primer. I prefer to use the airbrush for that, since I can get multiple really thin coats until the colour is almost entirely white. After that, it's a matter of applying thin coats of the finishing colour with the airbrush. Of course, spray paint works too, as long as you make sure you apply thin coats. You really just use short blasts of spray paint, then.

Yellow and red are the other two dreaded colours. Yellow also needs a white surface to make it really pop. Red on the other hand needs a grey surface coat. Otherwise, your red will turn out pinkish.

Again, above mentioned methods are what works for me. I'm sure there are other ways to go about it :)

Offline nickeltcd

• Lieutenant
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2014, 09:16:38 AM »
Oh My!!! What a great set!
What helmet did you use on the last guy?

I DD said the same thing to me, it was time to get hers done.

Always thanks for sharing. Excellent work!

By the Knights of Mandalore, our Quest will ring true

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2014, 10:35:45 AM »
Thanks Mr. Black.  The parts haven't come in yet, I'll let you know when they do.

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2014, 10:22:43 AM »
Does anyone here have any experience working with the Blanx Alpha figures?
After seeing what Sithfire30 does with dremeled down bodies, I decided to try looking up to see if anything barebones was sold like that, and I stumbled upon these blanx alpha figures.
Without doing much research, I ordered 5 of them.....only to find out, that they are very, very....VERY small and thin compared to standard Joe figures.
With that said, I absolutely love the articulation and how well they pose (although I wouldn't mind if they have had articulation right below the chest like standard Joe figures).  These tiny dudes have some of the best articulation that I've seen in any Joe or SW figure...but of course, the downside is their size....oh, and they are very bare bones, so you really need to add sculpt, or a ton of fodder to them, not really good for kitbashing.

I really wanted to try and make something like what Stitchfett does, but simply don't have the cash to drop on micromen figures...I also don't have any clones to hollow out....so I'm going to try using these little dudes and add the armor by straight up sculpting, and hope to get the affect of Stitchfett's awesome figures (seeing as these alphas seem to closest to micromen in articulation).

I really wish they sold them larger, if they did, I would buy a ton of them.

Anyway.....VERYYYYYYYYY early WiP...like, just started this morning.

Size comparison:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2014, 07:08:44 AM »
We did a podcast with Michael Norman, the creator of these. You can find it here:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/CAFN/cafn37to42.html

It is the top podcast. Good stuff. We also helped promote a contest or two. I also know that Wookieballs Customs has used these and gotten pretty good results for SW Customs.

Great start by the way.

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2014, 09:50:41 AM »
I'm really going to have to start investing in some arc troopers to make these, because I wanted to create a few of them....but at this rate, sculpting will take me forever.
I'm sure once complete, properly sanded, painted and decked out they'll come out fine, but it'll take a life time due to sculpting little by little.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2014, 02:09:49 AM »
Looking pretty good so far.

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2014, 03:10:10 PM »
Update on progress so far.

As of right now, I'm concentrating on building him out, and as I go along, I'll sharpen the edges and sand things down, so ignore the lumpy unsanded parts right now  ;D

I really do wish they made this figure a bit taller, because the articulation is fantastic.  Maybe I'll try what the maker does by cutting is lower leg to make it longer.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 03:11:53 PM by Bronxstalker »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2014, 04:08:08 AM »
Oh yeah, definitely looking nice. I hear you on the taller part!

Offline Bronxstalker

• Commander
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2014, 06:05:12 PM »
"Almost" ready to be painted.  I need just need to redo his left bicep band (make it wider to match the one on the right) and add his left wrist band.  Other than that, and some sanding to smooth things out, I should be pretty close to doing a full paint job.  (not including possible accessories after the paint job)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 06:07:31 PM by Bronxstalker »

Offline Mando Assasin

• Mando Assasin for hire
  • Admiral
  • Some people just wanna watch the world burn
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/83627924@N02/
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2014, 06:58:31 PM »
Wow this looks fantasmal. the sculpting, everything looks great. if you want to make it taller cut part of the leg of then put another chunk of plastic in it and then glue. never tried it. if you do try tell me i want to know if it works.
My ebay  http://www.ebay.com/usr/zacha-mann?_trksid=p2047675.l2559   My collection and some new customs are there. Check it out

[url=http://www.flickr.com/phot