Author Topic: A venture outside of the Chill-Out Room- Custom Snap-fit Republic Gunship  (Read 4730 times)

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
Sorry guys, I've ventured outside of my little chill out room, (it won't happen again).

It seems I've been missing all of the fun!

First off WOW Psyclone's here, I might as well hang up my hat and retire, he's got me totally outclassed. Before I bow out, here's what I made last night. It's a tiny Revel Snap-Fix kit of the republic gunship, and as it's not a diorama I thought I'd post it here.

I needed a gunship for shots in my Photonovel, and by using a small model I can do the long distance shots I need without forking out a fortune for a large ship.

I've painted the4 model similar to one featured on Owen's Customs site, it's a Special Forces ship belonging to Commodore Vasq's 1st Stormtrooper Batallion "Search and Destroy".

And here is Commodore Vasq inspecting his Combat Support Squadron.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 01:36:17 AM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Cool, Jules! Hey, how big is that gunship?

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
Cool, Jules! Hey, how big is that gunship?

7cm's from front to back.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Darn, smaller than I thought. Too small to carry the titanium atte if it were modified, you think?

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
clonehead you can modify the action fleet gunship to cary the atte or... if you'd rather I've got a from scratch custom laat that I have no intentions of finishing that I can mail you.  I'll pm you bout it.

I bet that gunship would look good with action fleet stuff though.  I didn't know there was a revel snap kit of it.  I got the jedi starfighter and the arc 170 to go with my action fleet collection.  I love the small scale ships for displaying, and the fun of puting it together.  Those snap kits are great if all you want is a quick model to throw together and not have to paint.

of course you went a step beyond and painted that sucker and it looks great.  It'll look awesome in the photonovel

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
I'd seen them on ebay before, looking at gunships, but never managed to get one.  That little sucker sure does look good!

And Vasq looks good, too!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
i have quite a reasonable action fleet collection  50 ships, i have the action fleet gunship its a seriously nice
piece
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
ya know what realy ticks me off about the gunship in the action fleet line, and the atte and all the other newer sculpted aotc action fleet stuff though?  First of all they didn't come with a micromachine scale figure, and second, you cant get a figure into the cockpit!  why even have an opening cockpit if there aren't figures to put in it!?

I think you guys will like this and this seems to be a good place to throw this up:

I made that from scratch for the Atte action fleet version.  I never finished it though as I couldn't figure out how to get the clamping/release mechanism to work for picking up the atte...   

Offline StenHunter

• Captain
  • Support Clone
    • Mypron!
Very nice! I've been thinking of at LAAT and the best way to do it with an existing gunship but I don't have the cash atm, or the extra gunship to put theory to practice :\

Great model gunship too!

Ok, back to custom speeder!! no time to talk!!

Why go through life base fig, when you can customize?

Custom Gallary: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMQfrsUZGeCLq5Kn6
Home Page: http://www.mypron.com

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Is the action fleet gunship the same as an ultimate titanium one? I do have an extra of those and may have to put it under the knife, Spud.
I have been waiting to find that snap kit for months here but I think that it is only available overseas.
I was hoping it would me bigger like 1/72nd scale or so.

Oh and Devon, that scratchbuilt gunship of yours just rocks the house!
Whenever I get around to making my atap laat, we can figure out the clamping system together, dude.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:30:33 PM by Clonehead »

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
There are some new kits coming out in November time, I think they are re-tools of the existing models but they look more detailed.

here is a link to the Aug 2009 press release...

http://www.starwars.com/vault/collecting/news20090806b.html
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 02:44:38 PM by hangarbay94 »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Awsome scoop there, Jules! Thanks for the link.

Offline Clone_General_1977

• Commander
  • "We're Airborne, We're Meant To Be Surrounded"
Re: A venture outside of the Chill-Out Room- Custom Snap-fit Republic Gunship
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 07:41:39 PM »
Those vehicles are off the wall man.