Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 181053 times)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #255 on: August 07, 2016, 11:17:32 PM »
I like it it. Off to share.
Thanks Tamer!

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #256 on: August 08, 2016, 01:46:09 AM »
Always cool to see custom Star Wars creatures like that Stava. Nice work on it.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #257 on: August 08, 2016, 10:18:37 PM »
Always cool to see custom Star Wars creatures like that Stava. Nice work on it.

Thanks IABF (I hope you don't mind the acronym). I appreciate that you checked it out and commented.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #258 on: August 09, 2016, 04:03:43 PM »
Another EU creature - the mishalope from Firrerre.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #259 on: August 09, 2016, 08:10:20 PM »
Awesome beasts! They are nicely done and the paint apps look great. Also I always like the natural environment outdoors diorama photographs.  However I miss the backstories.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:25:46 PM by JDeck »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #260 on: August 09, 2016, 10:30:02 PM »
Thanks for the feedback JDeck, it means a lot. I'm not great photographer, but it is nice to take advantage of the wonderful outdoors. Just for you, I will add the back-stories for these creatures tomorrow when I have a bit more time. ;)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #261 on: August 09, 2016, 10:53:46 PM »
I lied - I'll provide the back-stories now:)

Nhukhu (the stava):
The slavers who captured Kharnubackh's clan were as careless as they were unscrupulous and paid no attention to the fact that they didn't merely round up sentients, but non-sentient life as well. Creatures domesticated by the Noghri were transported to Dathomir along with their masters. Among these creatures were the sire of Nhukhu and his mate - animals belonging to Kharnubackh's parents. As a kit, Nhukhu was raised by the young Kharnubackh and bonded to him as companion and protector. When New Republic agents discovered the Noghri population and their domesticated creatures on Dathomir, they were excited as this increased the gene pool for nearly extinct animals. Nhukhu's DNA has been mixed into the gene pool of other stava domesticated back on Honoghr to strengthen the species' chances of survival.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #262 on: August 09, 2016, 11:33:25 PM »
Niisi - a mishalope from Firrerre. Most of these creatures were exterminated when the Starcrash Brigade released a hive virus that destroyed virtually all life on the planet (taken from Wookieepedia). Niisi was found at an exotic pet store by Jedi Jenn Starchaser. She had been raised in captivity as her mother was part of a zoo exhibit. One of the zoo keepers, in an effort to pay off some gambling debts, smuggled Niisi and a couple of her litter mates out of the zoo and sold them to pet store owners in the habit of moving creatures that may not have been entirely legal. On a totally unrelated matter Starchaser stumbled upon the store and "liberated" Niisi, thinking that she would bring some happiness to Sammoru, a Firrerreo he had befriended.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #263 on: August 09, 2016, 11:54:35 PM »
Sweet!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2016, 02:06:24 AM »
Time for another front page update. like the backstories too.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2016, 09:53:48 PM »
Time for another front page update. like the backstories too.

Thanks so much Tamer. Glad you like the back-stories:)

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #266 on: August 16, 2016, 03:17:19 PM »
Sometime ago (back on page 8) I started a pro-Alliance female bounty hunter from the EU named Ravallian Dast. I finally had some space to finish painting her:

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 03:19:32 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #267 on: August 16, 2016, 03:38:03 PM »
Darthdaddy did that amazingly brilliant project a short time ago celebrating the Marvel Star-Hoppers of Aduba-3 storyline. It reminded me of how much I liked some of those characters when they first appeared. I was particularly fond of Hedji (though more of the concept than the actual character design). The image references for "Spiners" is a mixed bag and I didn't care for the first version even as a kid. I certainly don't have Darthdaddy's skill as a scupltor, so I developed my own take and I'm actually pretty happy with it.

This particular Worxerite ("Spiner") is called Iksandri. Unlike many of his fellow Spiners, he is not fatalistic about his species fate and he travels the star ways looking for systems that share elements in common with his former home system of Worxer (destroyed in a supernova). He reasons that if he can find a similar eco-system, the necessary nutrients to reverse his species sterility might be avaliable. Those who know Iksandri call him a grim optimist as he is very serious and sometimes quite gruff. But this is because he has taken the fate of the species on his own shoulders. Usually happy to protect himself with a small hold-out blaster, Iksandri will resort to his quills if necessary (not wishing to draw attention to his species). He has a very positive relationship with the New Republic intelligence community, exchanging information from his exploration and scouting travels with them to broaden the scope of his search for "salvation."

Recipe:
     Head = minimates Kuma (modified and painted)
     Cape = CW animated style Dooku
     Torso = Bridges Direct Hobbit Fimbul figure (modified with green stuff and painted)
     Belt and legs =  a Plo Koon figure - I can't remember which
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 06:26:11 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2016, 05:47:40 PM »
  The female Bounty hunter looks great! Also, the sculpting on the spiner is very nice. I may have to use the hobbit torso for some dudes I'm working on. its hard to find outfits that accomidate large necks.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2016, 03:45:58 AM »
Nice update, off to share.