Author Topic: Starchaser's Custom Thread  (Read 184617 times)

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Re: Starchaser's Custom Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2015, 05:20:30 PM »
I like tjat bounty hunter.   Nice kit-bashing and alterations to the head.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2015, 10:05:50 PM »
Thanks Tamer, hemble and Sjefke for the positive comments, I really appreciate the encouragement.

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2015, 11:04:16 AM »
I may have to dremel out that old Naboo guard as well - it looks great.

Like the bounty hunter, too.  nice work!

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2015, 08:56:32 PM »
Just looked through your custys and I must say you have a good imagination and variation of characters you use to make your figures. BRAVO  8)
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2015, 11:39:26 AM »
Thanks for the encouraging words My Kind of scum and AjuntaPall. Its appreciated.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2015, 12:08:44 PM »
A couple of new customs:

A simple way to build Dass Jennir from Dark Times:
Ganner Krieg's head (with some paint applications)
Bespin Han Solo body

I have always liked the head sculpt on the Leia figure from the Leia/Xizor comic pack. I just don't think it looks anything like Leia. Well, found a solution. Let me introduce Trin Espar.

Trin Espar is a freighter pilot who hails from Corulag. She inherited her ship, the Starlight class freighter Quick Profit from her father. She runs a legitimate business and has a reputation for efficiency and reasonableness. Trin is not a fan of the Empire or Imperial policy, but she has a stronger dislike for organized crime.

Recipe:
Head = Leia from Leia/Xizor comic pack
Body = MU Black Widow (which I bought for the head to "fix" Mara Jade)

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2015, 07:20:24 PM »
Man i dig your customs. Especially the *Kerestian bounty hunter, naboo royal guard & trin espar. There's other i really like as well.
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2015, 09:43:33 PM »
 Thanks so much! Glad you like them. Andov Syn was my first real attempt at modifying a head - I think it turned out okay.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2015, 07:24:06 AM »
Some good parts swapping here.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2015, 05:31:44 PM »
I've thought about doing a Col Serra figure for awhile, but it took seeing JDeck's custom to actually get me to bite the bullet. So a big shout out to JDeck, thanks for inspiring me.

Recipe:
Head = Obi-wan, Attack of the Clones (suggested by JDeck) hair painted black and dry brushed with gray (I'm still learning this technique)
Body = Bespin Han Solo (jacket painted dark brown)
Eye patch = cut off the Captain Typho figure

The Bespin Han is proving to be very useful as a base for figures.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 05:34:29 PM by Starchaser »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2015, 07:16:52 PM »
That turned out great! Good idea on the typho  eyepatch, and the salt and pepper hair looks great.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2015, 07:19:48 PM »
Okay, one more set of customs; three different Rebel troopers. These were just finished:

Jervo Alquin – As a teen Jervo was captured by a rival clan during one of Rodia's many clan wars. He was sold as a slave to an unscrupulous cage fighting investor. When the Empire started cracking down on trades that were difficult to control or which didn't provide it with some benefit, it became difficult to make a living with a large scale illegal cage fighting operation. Jervo was a moderately well-known and quite successful fighter, but even that couldn't prevent his owner from selling him. Before a new buyer was arranged Col Serra approached Jervo's owner with the strong suggestion that Jervo be turned over to him in exchange for the illicit cage fighting not being reported. Col Serra offered Jervo the opportunity to become a member of the newly formed Renegade Squadron. Proud of his skills as a fighter and grateful for his freedom, Jervo jumped at the opportunity to do something significant. While he is a skilled marksman, his true expertise lies with - obviously - hand-to-hand combat.

Recipe:
Head and hands = Power of the Force 2 Greedo (re-painted hands as they were too dark and dremmeled everything to fit)
Torso and arms = VC rebel commando (Endor)
Vest = Power of the Jedi Rebel Trooper
Belt and legs = TSC Endor rebel soldier
Guns = from fodder bin

Gage Has’tilya – Even as a youngster Gage didn't fit in with mainstream Bothan culture. He was much more comfortable with the direct approach than with the usual Bothan political maneuverings and surreptitious activities. As a result, Gage didn't have a very promising future in the Bothan spy networks. When Borsk Fey'lya brought his resources to the Rebel Alliance, however, Gage saw the opportunity to chart his own course. He applied for the Alliance Special Operations commando school. With his blend of not so brilliant spy skills (which were still light years beyond the skills of many non-Bothans) and direct approach to solving problems it wasn't long before Gage was on the front-line (or behind enemy lines) as a commando. Gage served directly under Judder Page as a member of the Katarn Commandos for a time.

The first picture is blurry because my camera (well the camera operator) was struggling to get the focus right. The Bothan snout is long enough, and I was close enough that it threw the picture off. I'll try to re-post later. I really wanted to give my Bothan a darker base fur coat, so I darkened his face and then painted his hair tan and dry-brushed some more golden "highlights." I don't think it translates in the picture, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Ermedd Symcankar - not much of a backstory yet. He's a Rebel heavy trooper.

Recipe:
Helmet = Rebel Vanguard Trooper (painted)
Head = Dark Nebula Power Soldier (Power Lords)
Visor = 3M reflective tape
Kerchief = courtesy of Ragin' Spoon casting (painted)
Body = GI Joe Ripcord Delta-6 Accelerator Suit (painted)
Gun = Halo Storm Jackal weapon

Whew...that's it for now. Hope you enjoy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:30:56 PM by Starchaser »

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2015, 07:22:08 PM »
Thanks JDeck! Glad you liked it, and again thanks for providing the inspiration to finish him.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2015, 04:48:00 AM »
I like that Bothan. Off to share.

Offline My kind of scum

• Lieutenant
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2015, 07:22:26 AM »
Really liking all of your recent customs.  Great stuff!  Your paint job on Col Serra is really well done, love your take on Dass Jennir, too.  (I Wish Hasbro had gotten to him in the comic pack days...)  You are absolutely right about that comic pack Leia head, too.  It's a great sculpt that just doesn't have much of a Carrie likeness - pretty sure I used it for a different character as well.