Author Topic: Black Series 6" Prototype Boba Fett - Walgreens Exclusive  (Read 8646 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
Re: Black Series 6" Prototype Boba Fett - Walgreens Exclusive
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 10:29:30 PM »
Oh man he looks good. I should be able to score one or two of these since I am surrounded by 6 Walgreens stores. Maybe I'll finally get to confront the scalpers in my area.  bbfet

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:02:29 AM »
I scoured their store search last time and would have to drive four hours one way to get to one in my state. Gonna have to have some help to pick this one up.

I do agree though it looks great.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 07:09:55 PM »
Tamer....they are gonna have pre orders at San Diego Comic Con?  If you could get any info on this I have a friend going to the Con....maybe he could get a extra I could share.  This is defineately a must have.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 05:31:57 AM »
This was the quote from the SW.com article I linked:

"Hasbro’s figure is a tribute to this important piece of Star Wars history and design — look for it exclusively at Walgreens this fall, with preorders opening at San Diego Comic-Con later this month!"

I am not sure what that means (perahps congoers will be able to pay and order one with their SDCC purchase) but if I find out more info I will let you know.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 08:32:01 AM »
Walgreens strikes me as an odd choice.  I'd like to see an animated Boba (Droids cartoon) in this scale, might be cool enough to pull me into buying a figure from this line!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 08:19:53 AM »
Yeah, one wonders why not Wal-Mart!

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 03:05:50 PM »
Hopefully this doesnt get canceled too...i  got alot of walgreens around me being in houston however im sure i might find only one and since its wa?greens the price will be closer to $30

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 02:28:57 PM »
Yeah,  hear you. I haven't known SW.com to be wrong though. Weird that we didn't get some type of email from our Hasbro PR folks, but I will definitely be seeing if can glean anything from them about it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2014, 05:11:42 AM »
I have read all kinds of interesting things about this one from our friends at different sites this morning. Let me give you a run down of the latest news:

http://banthaskull.com/story/news_potential_walgreens_fett_release_date_revealed

According to a Walgreens associate, their store is due to stock the exclusive Black Series 6” Prototype Boba Fett on 9/2/2014.  He also confirmed the $19.99 price.  But there is a caveat.  This associate works at a store in Alaska.  It is not known if this is specific to that one store or chain-wide.  Regardless this should give you a rough estimate of when to start stalking your local pharmacy which will soon learn to regret inviting the locust swarm of adult collectors!

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=15568

Following the news from the other day about Hasbro releasing a Walgreens exclusive 6" The Black Series Boba Fett in prototype armor figure next month, we now have some more details to share with you. Like with Hasbro's Marvel Legends Agent Venom figure which will also be a Walgreens exclusive, Boba Fett will ship in a special assortment of Black Series figures exclusive to the drugstore retail chain. The figures that will be shipping in this exclusive assortment with the Boba Fett (Prototype Armor) will be re-releases of the following:

- Episode VI Jedi Luke
- Sandtrooper
- Stormtrooper
- Darth Vader

Except for Boba Fett, these figures will see a general release at other retail outlets. The Walgreens assortment should start hitting shelves on or around August 27, 2015 and Hasbro will be initiating some kind of pre-order for Boba Fett during Comic-Con later this month. Hasbro tells us they will officially be revealing the details on how the whole pre-order thing will work as we get closer to the convention which begins on July 23.

According to an article by the Examiner, Walgreens will also be getting an exclusive My Little Pony figure along with Venom and Boba Fett, and in that article it says folks attending Comic-Con will be able to pre-order the My Little Pony figure via a QR code at the Hasbro Booth, which will direct fans to the Walgreens webiste for pre-orders. All pre-orders will ship by September 15. Though not yet confirmed by Hasbro it would seem logical for them to use the same method for both Boba Fett and Agent Venom as well.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13814

The Walgreens exclusive The Black Series 6" Protoype Boba Fett figure is arriving this Monday, July 7th? Well, that's what the latest screen print of Walgreen's inventory states.

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2014/07/02/potential-answers-to-ordering-the-walgreens-exclusive-prototype-boba-fett/

SDCC attendees will get access to the pre-order via a QR code available at Hasbro’s booth (#3329). The general pre-order will go live after SDCC on Sept. 1 and orders will ship by mid-Sept. Again, this is using the My Little Pony example, but presumably, the Prototype Fett would follow a similar if not identical system.

http://www.examiner.com/article/exclusive-reveal-hasbro-to-introduce-new-my-little-pony-at-comic-con

After the introduction at San Diego Comic-Con, the figure will be available exclusively at Walgreens and at Walgreens.com beginning September 1. Fans attending the convention can pre-order this figure via a QR code at the Hasbro Booth, which will direct fans to the Walgreens webiste for pre-orders. All pre-orders will ship by September 15.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:21:06 AM by Tamer »

Offline krztfr

• Colonel
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 07:34:56 AM »
Best part with all that white it won't be hard to repaint.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 07:37:37 AM »
Best part with all that white it won't be hard to repaint.

Yes this one will be a much better base to use for custom 6 inch Mandos, if it can be found in quantities needed.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 05:56:07 AM »

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 10:33:07 PM »
Damn....missed out on this preorder.  Any word when these hit store shelves?