Author Topic: Help!  (Read 1430 times)

Offline CommandoClone76

• Cadet
  • Delta Squad in One Clone.
    • The Clone Armour Shop
Help!
« on: June 26, 2014, 08:47:01 PM »
Hey guys i am not the best star wars guy (i am reading star wars IV though) and i need some help on creating a simple diorama. The things i need and how to create it. I am not the best at doing these types of things. Keep the price tag down though if you can...

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 10:57:27 PM »
Hey guys i am not the best star wars guy (i am reading star wars IV though) and i need some help on creating a simple diorama. The things i need and how to create it. I am not the best at doing these types of things. Keep the price tag down though if you can...

Hey mate below is my tutorial section with tips and items to use for making dios and if you need any other info or help just send me an email.

http://www.hemblecreations.com/tutorials.htm

Ron

Offline CommandoClone76

• Cadet
    • The Clone Armour Shop
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 07:27:43 AM »
Ok thanks!

Offline CommandoClone76

• Cadet
    • The Clone Armour Shop
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 03:47:08 PM »
i need BASIC and that is not what i want i need someone that can tell me how to make a dio not a specific one just how to make a basic dio that is not tattoine! sorry but i need something less specific.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 04:08:22 PM »
i need BASIC and that is not what i want i need someone that can tell me how to make a dio not a specific one just how to make a basic dio that is not tattoine! sorry but i need something less specific.

Ok when you say less specific/basic what type of dio are you wanting for example are you after a dio with grass/plants a dio with buildings? This will actually determine the type of materials you will require to make your dios. Most custom dio builders will use materials such as foamcore, high density foam, normal foam sheets for buildings and building up the dios ground work.

Then you have plaster of paris, spack filler etc to make the ground work or to use of building walls. You then have normal home materials like bottle tops, straws, cereal boxes old computer parts and these can e used to make any numer of things. So depending on the dio you want will depend on the materials you will need.

Ron

Offline CommandoClone76

• Cadet
    • The Clone Armour Shop
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 04:14:08 PM »
i need a cristophis (i dont know how to spell it...) cristosis cristophsis ahh its that place on the bridge with clones vs droids.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 04:36:03 PM »
i need a cristophis (i dont know how to spell it...) cristosis cristophsis ahh its that place on the bridge with clones vs droids.

LOL know what you mean and I never can spell it either. For that particular scene I would use foam core sheets as it is cheap and easy to work with especially for making destroyed sections.

For the base of the bridge you will need to cut out several pieces to the desired length and glue two to three sheets together and then two sheets for the sides and once the glue has dried cut out any destroyed sections. For the supports under the bridge you can again use foam core or cardoard tubes depending how movie accurate you want to be and once you have it all glued together I would spack filler to cover the bridge and smooth it out.

For debri from the bridge cut foam up to different shapes and sizes and use spack filler to cover the foam pieces and then start placing on the bridge. For more smaller debri mix some plaster up in a rectangle container and a small amount of fine sand and mix it all together and let dry, once is dry break it apart so you have small pieces and this works great as smaller pieces of debri.

Ron

Offline CommandoClone76

• Cadet
    • The Clone Armour Shop
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 05:53:54 PM »
Thanks!  :)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 12:40:46 AM »

Offline CommandoClone76

• Cadet
    • The Clone Armour Shop
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 05:37:21 PM »
So i should pause the star wars movie when i see the scene i want? i will ask things when i am done!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 09:39:19 PM »
So i should pause the star wars movie when i see the scene i want? i will ask things when i am done!

Yeah that helps or if you have a built in dvd player in your computer gett to the scene you want and then pause it and save the image if your computer has that extra.

Ron