Author Topic: Clone Commander Gree CW# 09  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Clone Commander Gree CW# 09
« on: August 09, 2009, 06:19:34 PM »
Yet another long awaited release in the Clone Wars figure collection, Commander Gree has to be one of the coolest looking. Bought at Wal-mart for $7.47, Gree features excellent paint apps, super articulation but not ball jointed hips, a removable helmet, a single holster belt with one removable pistol, One long clone rifle, a nice looking removable bandolier, a different head sculpt with the patented double mohawk hair cut, and a large looking  cannon with a launching missile from the cannon. This cannon looks cool but seems a bit large for one man to carry to me.

This is a solid release for this line and I can see this figure being sought after for a long time.

I must make a legacy version of a cw Gree sometime in the future.

Oh, my version came with the Qui Gon Redemption Certificate. I just cant tell if the UPC from Gree is one of the ones that will qualify for the Redemption.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 06:37:22 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clone Commander Gree CW# 09
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 06:21:25 PM »
pics

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 06:29:38 PM »
I was a little upset when all pics on the internet and the box itself show him with a CW version of a Z-6 Rotary blaster and then you open him and he has a new styled rocket launcher.
But I got over it quick enough.
I liked him and was glad to have picked this one up.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 06:38:35 PM »
Your right about the cannon, Dana. It even shows it in the pic on the back of the package.
  I want my oversized rotary cannon.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2009, 08:54:21 AM »
that is why i got two green clones to go with him and an arf trooper, all with the BIG gun.
Probably would have gotten more, but werent many more left when i had gone through them all, and I would rather let a kid get a nice fig and hopefully get a good experience, than keep it all to myself.
hopefully they will be around for a while...at least one in each scheduled wave release for this line this year if I recall correctly.

Offline Commander_Kurgan

• Brigadier
    • Kurgan's Star Wars Customs
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2009, 10:58:28 PM »
Hi,
thanks for the great review.
I picked up Gree for the headsculpt and bandolier alone at the local TRU yesterday.

Re. the oversized (too-heavy-to-carry-realistically) weapons, I found a clue in Karen Traviss' RC novel "Triple Zero" when Trooper Corr brings the rotary blaster "minigun" to bear: he switches on the mini-repulsorlift incorporated in the weapon which allows him to carry and use the weapon which otherwise would be too heavy to handle.
Kurgan's Showcase: http://kurganscustoms.blogspot.com

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 08:52:25 AM »
the heavy weapons guys in 40k have something silmilar called suspensors
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms