Author Topic: Expanded Universe Custom Contest  (Read 31511 times)

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
Re: Expanded Universe Custom Contest
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 11:21:30 AM »
I finally got around to making Odan-Urr, hope you like him.

[Final]

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 11:36:16 AM »
Wow, Darth streams, had to use your figure to update the thread for the day. I like the soft goods work on that one.

Kelcken, don't you worry, that Odan-Urr is gonna grace the fp tomorrow. Fantastic work on that one too.

Keep em coming folks!

Offline darthstreams

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Streams Customs
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 01:27:31 PM »
Kelcken, that Odan-Urr is awesome!, I did one a long time ago but have been meaning to do a better one.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 11:28:36 AM »
Odan-Urr sure does look good on the front page!

Offline gkarter

• Cadet
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »
This is my Galen Marek custom.

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 01:25:25 AM »
Thanks guys! He's definitely my favorite Jedi from the Old Republic era. Glad you like him!

And I really like that Darth Talon, JPB!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 04:43:26 AM »
Awesome new entries! gkarter it is nice to see you joined the forums and entered your Marek. I will use that one for the fp post today! Also folks, as I am getting emails with entries, I wanted to post this here (I know many of you already know, but just in case) to show you how to post your entries should this be your first time entering a contest in an online forum:

I just wanted to let you know that you need to submit 5 of your best final pics and place them here at this link:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=9219.msg174760;boardseen#new

If you have not yet joined our forums the process is pretty simple. You just need to go here and register for free:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?action=register

Then you just have to hit reply and you can post your images. To do that there are two options; one, you can post your images on a photo hosting website like http://www.photobucket.com , upload your pictures, then it will give you an [img] code that you can copy and paste directly into your forum reply (where you place the code your image will show up) or two, you can hit additional options and browse your computer to upload your picture directly. The later option can be a bit tedious as it will only accept image sizes so large, but it does work. I hope that helps you get your entry posted. I look forward to seeing it in the entry area!

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 08:36:27 AM »
I agree, a bunch of cool entries, including some characters I've never seen before, which is an awesome part of having an EU contest.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 11:22:05 AM »
MAN!  What a bunch of masterful entries  Every freaking one of them.  Is this challenge going to have a vote or a judging?  Either way, it's going to be a hard call.   It's clear there's a lot of passion for the EU.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 12:13:03 PM »
Is this challenge going to have a vote or a judging?  Either way, it's going to be a hard call.   It's clear there's a lot of passion for the EU.

Nope, this is just a random entry drawing once we are done.

Offline Rezikai

• Lieutenant
  • Drawing Star Wars comics since 1986!
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2014, 03:37:02 PM »
So I'm kinda new here at the shipyards and after some thought I figured I'd join in the fun of the EU custom contest seeing as I'm a huge "old" EU fan. It's been a long while since I customed anything like since highschool when I built the bridge of the Executor from plastic sheets of acrylic and did repaints for the POTF2 characters to go with the table-top Star Wars games that utilized the 3.75 action figures. Anywho... below is "Agent Winter" from the EU comics... her part in not only the Thrawn Trilogy but Rogue Squadron was endearing to me... hehe.

I had an issue as I lacked any female torso's I could use at the moment so i decided to start with a 30th anniv. Luke Ceremony and a female head I had recently accquired.

Then I took my refrence picture of Winter as a rebel agent and started.

Then use my sculpy to craft on boobs and cut out the waist to give her some hips.

I kind of wish I could have cut the "toes grips" into the front of the boots and cut/grinded down the Anime-esque hair lochs she has to match more like in the picture but I was kind of afaid of doing it without a dremel to help grind/sand it down that it'd look weird... I may do it later when I get the tools.

Offline DarthLeere

• Cadet
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2014, 03:52:19 PM »
He is my entry to the contest. Ben Skywalker around the time of The Fate of the Jedi series.
DARTH LEERE

Offline gkarter

• Cadet
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2014, 04:50:54 PM »
 ;D

Offline kelcken

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2014, 05:17:52 PM »
Loving that Starkiller!

I made another custom for the contest. Odan-Urr seemed lonely, as he was the only character from that Era I had.

So here is Exar Kun! This was my first attempt at sculpting hair, and I think it turned out fairly well!

These were my main reference images.

Offline CloneCrazy

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2014, 06:01:11 AM »
Great customs all around! I can remember eagerly lapping up every piece of expanded universe literature I could get my hands on, the Quinilan Voss comics, KOTOR era novels, and anything Timothy Zahn are still all time favorites of mine! Its great to see ISY and all of our talented customizers showing the EU some well deserved love and support! Keep up the great work!