Author Topic: Stickers  (Read 1391 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Stickers
« on: August 12, 2009, 02:27:24 PM »
I need to get some stickers made for customs.  I don't want to use sticker paper you stick into your printer, as they come out dull and the detail usually sucks.  Anyone know any good places or tips for getting these done?

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: Stickers
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 02:47:24 PM »
Good question.  Jules!   ;D  I'm almost ready to start using stickers myself, plundered from niubniub, Jules, and Chewie, so this is a timely question for *me* as well.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 11:05:57 PM »
set your printer to the highest dpi setting it has and try to get sticker paper that is glossy as well.  make sure your printer or the program you are using to print reconizes the type of paper you are using.  Usually there is a "glossy" setting you can flip on the will help.  Setting it to a higher dpi might help but will use ALOT of ink.

honestly the quality of the sticker has more to do with the quality of your printer than it will the paper or sticker paper you use... 

I know also that you can get decal paper that laser printers can print to at hobby lobby.  Try getting some of that and fiddling around with them a little bit.

How small are you needing these stickers to be?  it could be an issue of compressing the picture too far as well.  If you shrink or enlarge a picture too much you will loose alot of it's crispness.

it all boils down to trial and error and figureing out how to best do what you want with what you have available.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 11:58:26 AM »
Thanks Spudafett!  I'm gonna have to go out to Hobby Lobby and see what I can find and experiment a bit...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 12:28:58 PM »
Jules' new front page video answers a good bit of these questions, but now I gotta go ask him what printer he has.