Author Topic: Customjedi's Customs (updated figures - page 21)  (Read 58468 times)

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
Re: Customjedi's Figures
« Reply #165 on: May 02, 2015, 04:38:28 PM »
Thanks everybody! I shaved the mustache off the most recent Biggs and repainted the hair to match the description of the character in the book.
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2015, 07:56:37 PM »
Finally got around to adding articulation to 2-1B (by way of IG-86).

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:36:20 PM by customjedi »
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2015, 03:55:11 AM »
Sweet I always wondered why certain figures haven't been revamped since POTF. But good job making him up to date.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #168 on: May 25, 2015, 07:07:12 AM »
Nice, what I wouldn't give to buy one of these on a Kenner Vintage Cardback. Hasbro so needs to bring these back. Nice work. Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #169 on: May 25, 2015, 07:53:20 AM »
 i like it,  well done !

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2015, 06:08:35 PM »
Thanks, JDeck, Tamer & mr.Jedi1977!

Still in my Hoth groove as I work towards wrapping up my photo story. I decided to test my skills by doing an update on General Rieekan.

Trying some things I haven't attempted before adding articulation to a 5pt fig.

Planning on ball-hinge shoulders, elbows, knees and ankles, swivel wrists, and ball jointed head. About half way there...

« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:51:33 PM by customjedi »

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2015, 08:02:25 PM »
Very nice! Great update!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #172 on: June 08, 2015, 02:46:06 AM »
Way to go with the arty! He looks so much better already. I hope you give us that parts recipe. I could see it emulated on a host of Hoth Rebels. Off to share.

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #173 on: June 08, 2015, 06:42:37 AM »
Very nice! Great update!

Thanks, JDeck!

Way to go with the arty! He looks so much better already. I hope you give us that parts recipe. I could see it emulated on a host of Hoth Rebels. Off to share.

Thank you for the front page, Tamer. I have to give Stan credit for inspiring me to tackle the ball-hinge shoulders. He shared his Rieekan update with me as I was debating how to proceed with mine. It's more work, but I'm pleased with how it's coming along. I'll share the progress pics and steps when I wrap him up.

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #174 on: June 08, 2015, 01:19:39 PM »
Nice job haha I also just noticed I follow you on Instagram.  ;D
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #175 on: June 08, 2015, 01:37:45 PM »
Excellent job the hoth officers have been on the back burner for sometime now . I am very curious how you managed to put the new arms into the  hollowed out shoulder/ body and got them to stay . I attempted it once but was never happy with my result . I hope you can share that bit of info . Again Great job 

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #176 on: June 08, 2015, 04:54:50 PM »
Looking great! Ball socket head was a pain!   Just got my parts in for the 2-1B today.  So you my inspiration in a mirror as well! 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 04:58:22 PM by Stan »

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #177 on: June 09, 2015, 02:40:49 PM »
Looking great! Ball socket head was a pain!   Just got my parts in for the 2-1B today.  So you my inspiration in a mirror as well!

Glad I could inspire you right back, Stan! I went really slow dremelling out the head on Rieekan because I didn't want to slip up and give him a "scar" the character shouldn't have.

I am very curious how you managed to put the new arms into the  hollowed out shoulder/ body and got them to stay.   

I used quick drying 2 part epoxy, mr.Jedi1977. I was going to use Miliput but my stash had dried out. Ended up using Loctite epoxy that I had from a home repair project.

I just put a wad into the socket and inserted the arm. I used a toothpick to clear off the stuff that squished out. After the initial 10 minute cure time, I very carefully began rotating the arm to make sure it could move. Once it was dry to full strength, I carefully tested for full movement. It's permanent, so make sure everything fits the way you want it before you add the putty. I noticed too late that one arm isn't quite deep enough...

Nice job haha I also just noticed I follow you on Instagram.  ;D

It's great to connect who's who on all our various media!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:54:41 PM by customjedi »

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #178 on: June 11, 2015, 07:31:42 PM »
I use that stuff too, but my local hardware carries Devcon brand!  It's great for a fast setting fix like a fill. 
Are you planning on painting the arms?

Great job.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:27:35 PM by Sjefke »

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2015, 12:09:05 PM »
I use that stuff too, but my local hardware carries Devcon brand!  It's great for a fast setting fix like a fill. 
Are you planning on painting the arms?

Great job.

I've completed a base coat on the arms after testing my new skill (joint shaving/sanding).

Though I've known about the merits of sanding joints to combat paint rub, I've always been too lazy to do it. Now that I know which Dremel bit to use, I will not skip this step again. In fact, I'm going back and redoing the joints on some of my completed figures.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:14:36 PM by customjedi »