Author Topic: Artist Trading Cards  (Read 1140 times)

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
Artist Trading Cards
« on: April 30, 2014, 05:28:18 PM »
Excelsior, faithful readers!
So, I love comics. I'm a big ol' comic geek, the weirder the better (except for you, Alan Moore... you stay in your corner until you can learn to act like a human being again.)
I also love drawing! Whether digital or traditional, drawing has always been a big-time thing. It's from this love of creating cool art that my love of customizing came from; I decided that I wanted to turn what I had drawn into a real thing, so I tore apart a few action figures, slapped some spray paint on them, and made my first custom. (It was The Thing with Beast's legs, the whole shebang spray-painted silver. I accidentally melted him by letting him soak in acetone to get the paint off. RIP, poor action figure abomination.)

Anywho, over the years I've tried to always expand my skills as an artist, no matter the medium I was working in, so today I figured I'd start sharing my pieces with you all here in the Yards!

For starters, I have drawn a picture of the Silver Surfer and Galactus from Marvel comics, co-created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee.

And for scale, so you can see how small it is!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:35:44 PM by smeagol92055 »
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Artist Trading Cards
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »
As a fan of the older marvel stuff, I like it.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Artist Trading Cards
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 02:35:11 AM »
Great pic of you holding the card. Looks like back to the front page again.