Author Topic: Skiff And Transport Speeder  (Read 2049 times)

Offline poke_wars

• Cadet
Skiff And Transport Speeder
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:29:30 PM »
Hey guys I've made a couple new vehicles.

First off we have my Transport speeder/ smuggler.

Next is my Skiff.

Tell me what you guys think 0/

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
Re: Skiff And Transport Speeder
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 06:15:36 PM »
that transport speeder is pretty cool... I was skeptical in the first few images of the basket on the front, but the images with stuff in it make it look very utilitarian and usefull!  There's not enough of this kind of thing in the star wars universe and especially the toys.

The skiff... it's a good start.  And I can definitely see the attraction to a simple vehicle like this in a collection that is going to be played with.  When I was customizing things for my ex's kids I would do similar type things for them to use and they were very happy with it.

I do love the thing on the back... is that an earring?  it's a great little addition to it and really screams the same design concepts we saw in ROTJ with the desert sail barges.

For me, the skiff needs something.  Wings?  More panels or some kind of weathering on the sides?  It needs something to steer it away from looking like a plastic container with a few greeblies attached (no offense!).  I really like where your headed though!  So please don't take this criticism the wrong way. 

Sometimes, the most fun customs are the simplest customs!  And if you are having FUN with it, it doesn't matter what the heck I think.

Offline poke_wars

• Cadet
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:15:24 AM »
On the contrary my friend i love getting some type of feedback and you give the best. I really thought that the skiff definitely needed some work done as in putting a canopy or just something that just screams out ROTJ instead of kind of looking like a skiff... and yes it is an earring ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 04:53:12 AM »
My comments are on the front page.

You may want to give Luke Sprywalker's vehicle thread a look as I remember him taking a box of some sort and turning it into an awesome Wookie Skiff similar to this.