Author Topic: XRAY PRIME: new paper-model set in action-figure scale AVAILABLE NOW!!!  (Read 1287 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
This just in from Glenn Williams of Finger & Toe Models:
"The basic piece models are done (that's the 3D models without textures). 1-6 inch long walls, a 6x6 baseplate, a door and window that slip over the walls, joint covers, and a triangular tube that fits in the corner or along the wall to allow a second level. I'll start with these, texture, print out, and test. I need to see what the page count would be with just these parts. The size is so much bigger than 28mm that I'm already worried about page counts. OK, on top Photoshop.”

He's doing in paper what I want to do in resin – a modular set of sci-fi walls and floor with multi-story capability.

You have seen me praise Glenn's work before.  You have seen me use some of his pieces in my dio-shoots in days past.  Glenn is a very talented artist and is tackling this action figure-scaled project as much out of love of the hobby as commercial interest.  In the days of 3d-printing and resin-cast parts, Glenn's paper models offer a quick, cheap, and attractive way to dress up your dioramas.

I'm all-in on this one.  As soon as XRAY-1 comes out, I'll have it, even though it'll mean slicing into monies needed to keep the resin flowing at a time when that's pretty much all the money I have coming in.  I'm supporting him because he's stepping away from his gaming-scale projects, which I personally think are far more financially viable for him.  I don't expect XRAY-1 to be a $2.50 set, but I do know it will be worth the final price-tag, because that's the kind of guy Glenn is.  You buy it once, then you print it out as often as you want.

If we make this worth Glenn's time and energy, I'm certain we can expect XRAY-1 to have expansion sets, just like its Omega Prime sibling.  When it releases, I will post the purchase link immediately and build-photos will follow as soon as I can get them printed and assembled.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 05:05:09 PM by DocOutlands »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: XRAY-1: new paper-model set in action-figure scale coming VERY SOON!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:05:55 AM »
Hey Doc, what is the status of the other 3D Printing Project of starship interiors?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 06:57:56 AM »
It got put on hold by the artist for a more critical project.  (Since I'm not paying up front, paying projects and school end up taking precedence.)  I've been talking to a friend who knows some CAD and he's encouraging me to try learning it again, if nothing else than to do some of the more basic functions on the pieces myself to reduce the final load on our artist.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 07:04:10 AM »
As another aside, the sliding door piece sold by Production Platform 3 is based on a piece of artwork Glenn did for his miniature battles-scaled Omega Prime set.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 04:29:07 PM »
This sounds really promising and Finger and Toes do fantastic 28mm pieces so I can't wait to see how the action figure scale pieces turn out and good luck.

Ron

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
YEAH!!! XRAY PRIME is now available!! Action-figure-scaled modular paper-models!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 04:30:45 AM by Tamer »