Author Topic: Greetings from the California Newb!!!!  (Read 1512 times)

Offline SOLOGRUNT

• Cadet
Greetings from the California Newb!!!!
« on: April 09, 2014, 03:31:56 AM »
Greetings fellow Star Wars fans,

First off let me introduce myself. My name is SOLOGRUNT but I go by J.W. I live in Southern California, and I have been a die hard fan since I can remember. My passion for the Wars only recently  began to bear fruit. I have officially started my action figure collection (loose figures), and my goal is to get every figure from the original Kenner line.
   My collection only expands when I stumble across a loose figure at a swap meet or garage sale. Anyone can buy the figures and have their collection done quickly. I believe the passion and dedication for finding these small treasures is half the fun. When I'm not looking for figures, I play SWTOR  and I am getting pretty good. I am a level 25 (don't laugh) and I could really use some advice on the game. HINT HINT.
   Other than that I am absolutely beside myself with excitement for celebration VII. I cannot believe it is going to be taking place so close to home. I had a blast at VI in Orlando but I was kind of bummed because I attended it alone. Any fellow fans from the Southern California area, hit me up. The avatar you see, is me in my stormtrooper uniform with some friends from the San Diego 501st. Anyways, thanks for reading my intro, and I look forward to chatting with you all.

"Execute order 66"

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Greetings from the California Newb!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 05:17:00 AM »
Welcome aboard, JW! The armor looks good. You will have to show us some more 501st pics.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 09:14:21 AM »
A *collector* onboard the ISY???   :o   ;)

Welcome aboard!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:29:25 AM »
Welcome, it is great to greet a fellow 501st member. Liking the looks of your outfit and would love to see some larger pictures.

Spookymufu

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »
Welcome! what part of So Cal you from? I grew up in the Antelope Valley (about 70mi North of LA)

Offline SOLOGRUNT

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 01:55:22 AM »
Thank you for the greetings. I am not an official member of the 501st. I do not believe my uniform is up to par. I reside in Lake Elsinore which is about 70 miles East of Los Angeles.
"Execute order 66"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 05:47:06 AM »
The 501st is a great charity organization and are very helpful with folks who would like to join, but the whole idea about ISY is having fun with Star Wars. Glad you are with us.