Imperial Community > Imperial Blog

Goldleaderone's World: Surviving one day at a time

(1/8) > >>

Goldleaderone:
Figured I'd start my own thread of things going on in my life, rather then being MIA only having to come back and explain why I've been gone haha.

In January a friend and I managed to get tickets to the Boston Red Sox home opener. Since 2001 or 2002 I've been to Fenway Park once a year. I try to go once a year, its like a tradition I have for myself. Going to a home opener of my favorite team has always been on my baseball to-do list, but to go to opening day to see your favorite team get their championship rings? I couldn't have been more stoked. The ceremony was awesome. In Left Field they have a 37-foot green wall, known as the Green Monster. They draped down 5 small championship banners, then a huge 2004 banner which covered the wall. Then another huge one from 2007, then finally one last big one, from 2013. The crowd went nuts on that one. Would have been better if they won lol. I recorded some of the ceremony with my camcorder. Here are some pics so you can see how awesome it was.

wraithnine:
i must admit it always perplexes me that you guys have a WORLD series that doesn't actually have any other nations in it ....

Tamer:
Pretty good point Jay. That would be cool to see an international baseball league. Looks like a fun home opener.

Goldleaderone:
They have a World Baseball Classic, similar to the Olympics. They have teams from USA, Italy, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Canada and more. They have it every 4 years before the start of the baseball season, last time being 2013. So the next time will be 2017. The MLB players will play on teams representing their own countries. A few people I know don't really care for it, but I like it. It beats watching meaningless spring training games lol.

Goldleaderone:
I've been informed I did not get the job at Triple A, however the recruiter emailed me with another job opening, this time for seasonal help. I accepted, so I have another interview this Thursday. Just trying to get my foot in the door and hopefully get full time eventually. Fingers crossed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version