Author Topic: Goldleaderone's World: Surviving one day at a time  (Read 13408 times)

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
Goldleaderone's World: Surviving one day at a time
« on: April 05, 2014, 04:42:30 PM »
Figured I'd start my own thread of things going on in my life, rather then being MIA only having to come back and explain why I've been gone haha.

In January a friend and I managed to get tickets to the Boston Red Sox home opener. Since 2001 or 2002 I've been to Fenway Park once a year. I try to go once a year, its like a tradition I have for myself. Going to a home opener of my favorite team has always been on my baseball to-do list, but to go to opening day to see your favorite team get their championship rings? I couldn't have been more stoked. The ceremony was awesome. In Left Field they have a 37-foot green wall, known as the Green Monster. They draped down 5 small championship banners, then a huge 2004 banner which covered the wall. Then another huge one from 2007, then finally one last big one, from 2013. The crowd went nuts on that one. Would have been better if they won lol. I recorded some of the ceremony with my camcorder. Here are some pics so you can see how awesome it was.

"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: Goldleaderone's World: Surviving one day at a time
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 05:21:53 AM »
i must admit it always perplexes me that you guys have a WORLD series that doesn't actually have any other nations in it ....
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 05:49:39 AM »
Pretty good point Jay. That would be cool to see an international baseball league. Looks like a fun home opener.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 07:42:36 AM »
They have a World Baseball Classic, similar to the Olympics. They have teams from USA, Italy, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Canada and more. They have it every 4 years before the start of the baseball season, last time being 2013. So the next time will be 2017. The MLB players will play on teams representing their own countries. A few people I know don't really care for it, but I like it. It beats watching meaningless spring training games lol.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
I've been informed I did not get the job at Triple A, however the recruiter emailed me with another job opening, this time for seasonal help. I accepted, so I have another interview this Thursday. Just trying to get my foot in the door and hopefully get full time eventually. Fingers crossed.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 02:33:35 PM »
Day off from work I went to another baseball game with a friend, this time the Pawtucket Red Sox. It's the minor league affiliate of Boston, Triple A level to be exact. Triple A is the level before the majors. We were in the outfield seating, its a big grass area. One of the players on the other team hit a Home Run, everyone started running to where they thought it would land. The grass seating is on a slight incline, so running back is tough. My friend and I were also running for it, we lost the ball for a minute. I found the ball again, I jumped at the last second, caught it and fell down. Everyone was cheering after I caught it, it was such a cool experience. Even after it happened, people are coming up to me and high-fiving me saying good catch. After the game I decided to tweet the player who hit the Home Run, surprisingly he tweeted back.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 02:49:34 AM »
That's pretty cool. Maybe you should go try out.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 07:44:54 PM »
Hey, that's cool!  Always nice to get a response like that.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 01:54:49 PM »
Triple A just called, they offered me the job. I just gotta go through the usual drug test/background check and I'll be good. A 2 week training starts the week of May 5th. Its seasonal and will only last until August or September, so we'll see if I get called back or not.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 02:48:27 PM »
Well congrats, hope that doesn't cut into your BB Seasontoo much.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 05:39:49 PM »
Thanks. Just the 2 week training period as that is at night, and Sundays when I get the job. On Sundays I'll probably catch the tail end of a game, if its a 1:00 start.

When I actually start, both my jobs will be in the morning. I'll be working one job a day, no more going from job to job now. When I worked at the gym my schedule was morning job, break, then afternoon-evening job. I used to get home around 8:30.  Now, the latest I'll get home is around 5. It'll be good to be working 2 jobs again and actually be home in the evenings for once.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:41:09 PM by Goldleaderone »

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 05:49:23 PM »
Went to another Red Sox game today, I finally ended my 4 game losing streak lol. Jonny Gomes, an outfielder, hit a Grand Slam. I think its the first time I've seen one in person. David Ortiz, their best hitter hit a Home Run as well as the backup catcher. Jon Lester, the starting pitcher struck out 15 batters, truly amazing to see in person how well he pitched today. They almost blew it in the ninth, but luckily held onto a 6-3 lead to win. As they scored the 3 runs in the ninth I'm sitting there thinking "You gotta be kidding me" lol. Here's a pic of my view today.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 12:12:33 PM »
What a great way to spend an afternoon.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 02:11:26 PM »
Finally I have finished training for AAA. I had 2 options for training, to do a Mon-Fri 9-5 or night classes Mon-Fri at 5-10:30.  I didn't want to waste my 2 vacation weeks just to go to training so I opted for the night classes. The only thing that stunk was coming home right from the night class and going to bed for work in the morning. I also didn't have a full day off for 2 weeks. I just finished my first official week there. It's a bit nerve-racking being on the phones taking call after call. I'm just nervous because I want to do a good job and eventually latch on permanently. I do love the people there, everyone says hi to you and is willing to help.

My schedule changed a little bit, I do have to work both jobs a few days, but at most its only 3. I'm also home by 5 which is a nice change.  Hopefully this is the last job I apply for lol.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 02:23:42 AM »
Looks like you are in! And it is working out pretty nice.