Author Topic: Art by the Sith's Herald  (Read 8174 times)

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
Re: Art by the Sith's Herald
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »
Here are a few choice older pieces I thought you all might like.

The first one is a sporty airspeeder that grew out of a random doodle I did when gaming with friends. 

After I did this, I had a vision of what it might look like if modified for racing.

Enjoy!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 07:54:22 AM »
Looks great. I like em. That first one looks good on our front page too.

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 08:56:01 AM »
Thanks for the kind words!

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »
Hi all!

I've slowly been working on a series of Mandalorians. These are all drawings of custom figures I have made.  These were inspired by the descriptions of the Mando people created by Karen Traviss in her novels. I have a few more in the works as well.

Mart Ironworth is blacksmith and chose a combination of cast iron and chrome for his armor.

Malin is a Clone pilot in Kenobi's 212th Attack Battalion.  When he war ended, he defected to the Mandalorians, but kept his bucket and painted his new armor as an homage to the 212th colors.

Starque Iller proves thar Mandalorian women are every bit as tough and resourceful on the battlefield as the men.  The custom figure was built around a McQuarrie concept female Starkiller, which was the inspiration for the name.

Macdorn hales from a noble family and carries himself as such.  He's a brilliant tactician and a charismatic battlefield commander.

Mercy Nerrie - another female Mando warrior.  She's a loner and wicked with a blade.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2014, 04:27:59 AM »
Wow, now this is what I call a welcome back! To the front page.

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 12:25:51 PM »
Hale Reveals Darth Omen's Holocron

This was a collaberation between myself and an extremely talended artist on The Star Wars Artist's Guild (Swagonline.com), who goes by the screen name of Tusserk.  I had some "story moment" images I had drawn and I knew I would not be able to do the coloring justice and put forth what I had in mind.  Image after image from Tusserk has shown how she can make light and reflections dance on a page, so I asked if she would be interested in working together on this.  This is the result.  Thank you so much Tusserk!!

If you've read some of the backstories on my character drawings on SWAG, this image will fall into place. This image is set around 300 years before the Clone Wars, when the Sith are thought extinct.  Hale was the leader of a cult-gang of dark side hopefuls on Alderaan. When he was a young teenager he stole an artifact that turned out to be a Sith Holocron.  Being Force sensitive, he was eventually able to access it and begin learning from the holographic gatekeeper, Darth Omen.

As the threat of Hale's gang grew, it gained attention from the Jedi.  They decided the gang must be disbanded. Their plan was to send a pair of teenage Padawan learners, undercover, into the cult.  Jordan Farseer and Elani Wynflair suceeded in infiltrating the group and gaining Hale's trust.

Over time, Hale bagan to see great potential in Elani and drew her into his inner circle.  This image is the moment he discloses the source of his Dark Side Knowledge to her, by revealing Darth Omen's Holocron.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 02:26:33 PM »
WOW, cool, love the style and the lighting, very professional!
Your other pics are also awesome, you have great talent. I very much like Mercy Nerrie and your ship designs.

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 07:40:08 PM »
Thanks very much!!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 03:43:04 AM »
This sure looks good on the front page.

Offline Siths Herald

• Ensign
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 03:02:27 PM »
Hi all,

These have all hit my Facebook page and my Star Wars Artist's Guild gallery a few weeks ago, but I thought I'd get them posted here.  I hope you enjoy the remained of my Mandalorian series!  bbfet

Not much is known about The Specter, other than he likes to work alone,and he is very, very good at what he does.

Nat Raz, much like Jango Fett, is a deadly quick-draw with his twin blaster pistols.

When I made the original custom figure I based this art on, I used a G.I. Joe Zartan figure as the body.  I based this character's name off of that as a play on words.

Veth Ordo is a Neo-Supercommando who sports expetimental weaponry and armor, including a quad-jetpack.

This was another character based on a Mando figure I made from a collection of G.I.Joe parts.  Joes are so easy to mix & match parts on when customizing.

Hobar Krent is a melee weapon expert and trainer among the Mandalorians. He is a disciple of the ancient ways and wears a pristine set of armor he can trace back 4000 years.

Braydon Hoole; like his squadmate, Veth Ordo, he proudly wears the latest in experimental armor. As arrogant (and skilled) as they come, he painted his armor pink as a psychological tool to taunt his enemies.  The suit, armor, and weapons are specifically tailored for Zero-G space combat.

Bave Radine is a very traditional Mandalorian warrior. To assemble his set of armor he has employed the Mando ritual of wearing pieces of armor from fallen loved ones.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2015, 11:38:46 PM »
great works as always! The Specter is my fave :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 07:12:10 AM »
great works as always! The Specter is my fave :)

Mine too. Looks daggone great on the front page. I love fan art.

Offline ironpanda

• Lieutenant
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2015, 10:47:18 AM »
Very Cool! the spectre would be a nice custom-figure project...