Author Topic: Hanzo_the_Razor customs 8/11 Custom BH for contest  (Read 8299 times)

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
Hanzo_the_Razor customs 8/11 Custom BH for contest
« on: March 18, 2014, 11:53:23 AM »
This was my first attempt at a Star Wars custom. It was supposed to be a gladiator inspired clone. I'll post more pics as I work on him.  

« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 05:58:26 PM by Hanzo_the_Razor »
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: First Custom....in progress
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 02:12:23 PM »
Keep it up!  I got nothing for you on sculpting - I ask others for that!! 

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »
Did a little more work. Almost done.

Just  a few paint touchups, and the beard and this guy should be done.
“Once you've got a task to do, it's better to do it than live with the fear of it." - Logen Ninefingers

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 02:51:47 AM »
First off let me welcome you to the Yards.

I like the idea of this. I am trying to find a way to sneak away this weekend and watch the new 300 while my daughter does a sleepover. So far no luck, but I am pretty sneaky. I like this. Off to share on the front page.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 05:22:09 PM »
300 was pretty good for a movie I had no hopes for. Watch it in 3D.

Thanks for the words, and the front page. It was exciting to see. Did a little more work today. Hopefully by the weekend I can finish it up. Just need to figure out the helmet. Can't get it quite right.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hanzo_the_Razor custom...in progress
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 02:43:14 AM »
Great work on the beard!

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 06:12:33 PM »
Welp, that's it for this one. It could probably use a little more work. I just feel like if I keep messing with it I'll definitely screw it up. I'm really happy with he painted weapons. Simple, but I like them. Anyways. Here it is.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 02:32:12 AM »
Aw man, I wanted to see a pic with the helmet on! Great concept though, off to share your final reveal.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 05:21:57 AM »
I'll post one with the helmet on him. Don't know why I didn't. I'm not too happy with how the helmet came out. It'll do for now until I make a better one. Either later today, or tomorrow a new pic will be up.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 08:22:55 AM »
Here is the definitely not finished helmet for my Spartan inspired figure. Looks bulky now, I'm hoping to dremmel it out and actually have the figure wear it. If all goes well you should see his face through the mask as is he was Leonidas himself. Well that's the hope at least. Also started working on a young Boba Fett, from the TCW s.4 ep.20, entitled "BOUNTY". I always wish they made this figure, but so many characters from the animated series I wish were made into figures. So far he's just been painted up. Need to get a helmet for him, make some shoulder armor for his left shoulder, and figure out how to bald this figure out without completely destroying his head. My son already wants to play with him, may have to buy another figure on eBay so I can make one for him as well. If anyone has advice on shaving this guys hair down, I'm all ears. Thanks. Also, I think I need to buy a matte finish for my figures. Boba's outfit is supposed to be cloth, the satin makes it too shiny IMO.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
Re: Hanzo_the_Razor custom...updated 3/27- MAUL'S MANDO
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 12:45:21 PM »
Just a quick repaint of one of the Mando Troopers from Deathwatch. I plan on doing 2 more. One just like this, another with the horns on the helmet. Also forgot to take pictures of the jetpacks.

Offline koth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2014, 02:38:49 PM »
Good looking Mando. Like the shading.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 02:51:38 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Koth!!! I really liked the way this one turned out. I'm hoping to focus more on characters from TCW that were never made into figures. We'll see how they turn out. Loved your (R4-Bad1) Badawan, by the way. It would be the perfect companion to my Mandos.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2014, 02:59:01 AM »
Nice, my comments are on the front page.

Offline Hanzo_the_Razor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 07:54:11 PM »
Here's the rest. Next I'll be working on Bo Katan. Might take a while with that one.
[/URL]