Author Topic: BATMAN - Arkham Origins IN MY HANDS!!!  (Read 1664 times)

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
BATMAN - Arkham Origins IN MY HANDS!!!
« on: February 20, 2014, 10:05:18 PM »
I saw them in an out-of-the-way backwoods Walmart tonight - Batman, an armored Batman, Bane, Mr. Freeze, Azrael, Deadshot.  If it is a 12-pack case, they appear to be packed 2x per case.  I bought 2x Deadshots and a Mr. Freeze.  Passed 2x Banes (they are BIG GUYS!), an Azrael (if his wrist-blades had been straight, it would have been tough to pass him up! He looks like Altair from Assassin's Creed, too - very awesome), 2x regular Batmans, 1x armored Batman (gauntlets appear to be separate), and left one Mr. Freeze on the shelf.  I may regret having left him, once I open the one I bought, tho!

I'll shoot some pics of Deadshot and Mr. Freeze when I open them.  They all had VERY NICE detailing and look to have the Marvel-type articulation, but the exaggerated musculature of Marvel is NOT present on the Batman figs.  I have plans for Azrael and Bane, later. 

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: BATMAN - Arkham Origins IN MY HANDS!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 03:20:25 AM »
They sound nice, I look forward to reading your reviews.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 05:59:43 PM »
I saw these on the pegs tonight and almost broke down and bought Mr. Freeze, Azrael, and Deadshot. They looked fantastic super arty masterpieces for less than Black Series Figures! I can see why you get em Doc.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 07:48:36 PM »
Oh, yes.  A lot more realistic looking than most DC-based figures and actually ARTICULATED, unlike the last 3.75" Batman offerings.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 05:25:28 AM »
They were awesome. I am seriously thinking about going back to get a couple perhaps just to cobble up for kit-bashes or what not. That Azrael would be good for any ninja or sword type hooded warrior, that Mr. Freeze would make a good space zombie or underwater something, and heck I could go on and on.