Author Topic: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 10/28 Thul Fain  (Read 38676 times)

Offline peakob1

• Ensign
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 2/5: Ewoks Animated Series--Teebo and Latara
« Reply #120 on: February 06, 2017, 08:23:36 PM »
Amazing Love these Ewoks they fit perfectly with the other two! wow!!!

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2017, 10:25:47 AM »
Thanks!  I'm honored to hear such kind words from one of the masters of the art form!  I've been admiring your distinctive style for a long time.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2017, 11:30:39 PM »
Great set of updates! I like how Gailid turned out. The Ewoks are excellent (Latara is a good addition to the tribe). But hands down Baga takes the cake. If imitation is the sincerest form of compliment, I will be giving you a serious compliment:)

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
Re: Jaeger45's Customs-- Kaink, King Gorneesh, and Pulga
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2017, 04:53:22 PM »
Thanks, Starchaser!  Glad to share recipes!

A few Ewoks customs I've been meaning to photograph for a bit.

Kaink

Kaink is an Ewok priestess/medicine woman in Ewoks: Caravan of Courage.  Like a few others, I wasn't particularly enamored of the hood Disney made for her Star Tours figure, so I made my own, and added her feathers and charms.

King Gorneesh (realistic sculpt)

King Gorneesh leads the Duloks in the Ewoks Animated Series.  I ran across another King Gorneesh on the web and thought I'd give it a try myself.  Based around a Mezco Bigfoot figure, with snapping turtle shell armor, cast skulls and spine, and sculpted details.

Pulga

The Pulga is a large sort of Ewok horse in Ewoks: Caravan of Courage.  Sort of a walking Ewok hut.  I bought a hollow paper mache ball and drilled and dremeled until it fit on the back of a Clydesdale, and added soft goods and the like to create a mobile home fit for a Towani.

Hope you enjoy them!

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 5/1: Kaink, King Gorneesh, and Pulga
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2017, 06:08:51 PM »
Excellent, love the photo , it adds a little realism to the story.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2017, 02:53:23 AM »
These look great. Off to share the latest.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2017, 01:05:07 PM »
I really like the realistic version of King Gorneesh . Keep the fur balls coming !

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #127 on: May 02, 2017, 08:03:58 PM »
Awesome Ewoks characters! Kaink looks so much better than the Disney figure. The horse carriage, caravan I guess,  looks fantastic. Nice to know people still remember the Ewoks movies and cartoon.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 8/10: Rogue One Customs
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2017, 03:41:46 AM »
My cohort of Rogue One Customs:

Jyn Erso

I had planned on articulating an Imperial Ground Crew figure from the time of the 5POA figure's release, and, after I got started, lucked into a Jyn Erso (disguise) figure whose helmet I could swipe.  Upper arms and legs are from Bane Malar, forearms are from Imperial Scanning Crew, and head and hands are from TBS Jyn Erso.  Carefully transplanted the knee pads and shoulder cogs from the original figure.  Color evened out with RIT dye and some judicious paint application.

Group shot of the infiltration team.  Thanks to Darth Daddy for the Cassian Andor/Captain Needa head swap recipe.  I still need to update his rank badge.

Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, and Bodhi Rook

Chirrut uses his original 5poa dremeled-out torso, as well as head and accessories.  Legs are Darth Maul.  Arms are Clone Wars Dooku.  Soft goods are custom sewn.  Thanks to Colin Hobbs and Darth Daddy for the recipe!

Baze also uses his dremeled-out torso, head, and accessories.  Arms and feet are from Bom Vindim, Legs are from Colonel Cracken.  I also extended the pant legs a bit with Fixit.  Recipe credit to Colin Hobbs.

Bodhi is almost entirely a RIT dyed Scanning Crew figure, with lower legs from Indiana Jones Mutt Williams and the original Bodhi Rook 5poa head and accessories.  Recipe from Lance_Quazar on Rebelscum.

Special thanks to GTP for the Spacewalls and Hole in the Ground for the command station.  Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:05:55 AM by Jaeger45 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2017, 07:02:31 AM »
Wow very nice. Thanks for including most of the recipes. Off to share in all the right places.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 8/20: Rogue One Customs
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2017, 10:15:54 AM »
Thanks!  Most of the recipes are second-hand, but I haven't seen anyone do the Jyn Erso articulation before, and Bane Malar is just the right size for this.

Need to go back and transfer all those Photobucket images.  Grr....

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2017, 03:14:32 PM »
Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, and Bodhi Rook are Fantastic, really nice work with the added articulations

Offline Stan

• Commander
  • All Hail the Empire!
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2017, 06:21:43 PM »
All of this are fantastic, second string, I do t think so!!! Excellent my friend!

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2017, 01:57:57 AM »
Wow, I can't stop looking at all these great customs! Excellent work on the super-articulation right there! Chirrut Îmwe and Baze Malbus are my favorites and I hope to see them in TVC next year! I refuse to buy the 5POA versions, but it's amazing to see how you turned their parts into these SA Customs! By the way your sewing skills are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

P.S.:

"Need to go back and transfer all those Photobucket images.  Grr...."

Yes, I know know how you feel...I also had to upload slightly over 500 pictures to imgur and replace all the links on here...it was extremely frustrating first, but it actually worked quite well!
So don't worry too much. Let's make the best out of it!  ;) Fortunately I could still identify each image by the URL. This is not possible with imgur's URLs, so hopefully imgur will not do the same as Photobucket. By the way I wrote to Photobucket's service and made my opinion about their add and 3rd party policy very clear. I then deleted my account. I haven't received an answer from them for 6 weeks now...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:01:45 AM by legion078 »

Offline customjedi

• Commander
    • Customjedi on Facebook
« Reply #134 on: October 07, 2017, 03:59:58 PM »
Loving those Rogue One customs. It's nice seeing the whole crew in their superarticulated glory!
I dabble in the Star Wars Universe of Toys... I rip apart little plastic people and turn them into other plastic people. Sometimes I take pictures of them and post them.

Customjedi on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/customjedi