Author Topic: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 10/28 Thul Fain  (Read 38681 times)

Offline huttman

• Cadet
  • Sofisticus Sluggus
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 11/3/15 Corellians
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2015, 11:39:28 PM »
That is great work. I love the big 70's Star Wars cheesy mustache(s). Everything is top notch!

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 03:07:41 AM »
Awesome corellians really like them and the cina-Rust droid is pretty cool too ;)
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2015, 04:15:00 AM »
Thanks for the front page and comments! For health issues in the family, I'm occupied for a few days, but I have a few other projects to be posted soon!

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2015, 10:12:19 PM »
The Corellians look great! I'm a fan of the Col Serra character to boot. The buildings are really good and the rusted droid turned out really well. Keep up the good work.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 12/20 Star Tours
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2015, 07:47:36 PM »
Ok, finally getting around to photographing a few projects.

First up, a trio of fresh recruits for the Endor Express.

Planning on printing a water slide decal for their shoulders.  For those of you who Rit dye plastic, there is now a Rit for synthetic fabrics, locally available through Hobby Lobby, that works much better.  Previously, I really struggled with blues.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2015, 03:03:34 AM »
Nice, time to go share some of this. Nice to see you back.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2015, 09:26:27 PM »
Thanks!

Next up, a trio from the cantina: Atheloe, Tawss Khaa, and Ownellco.

Mosep's alter ego is, by now, a fairly well-known recipe; simply shave the topknot, fill, and repaint.  The two Lutrillians use slightly modded head sculpts from I-Am-Boba-Fett, modded Willrow Hood torso and legs, Captain Antilles jacket, and Biggs Darklighter arms.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:30:36 PM by Jaeger45 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
They looks great. Once again off to share.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 12/23 Jabba's goons
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2015, 09:30:03 AM »
Thanks!  In retrospect, the heads on the Lutrillians may be a bit big for the bodies I chose, but I really like the paint job.  If I get motivated, maybe I'll try a custom head sculpt someday.

Today's submission includes three of Jabba's goons:  Mosep (Jabba's palace), Ak-rev, and an unnamed human sail barge gunner henceforth to be known as Russian Hat Guy.

I've seen a number of bodies used for Mosep customs, but a careful review of footage reveals relatively squared off shoulders and persistent use of gauntlets.  Thus I chose to use the Imperial Navy Commander body from earlier this year, along with the Marvel Universe Drax belt.

For Ak-rev, I borrowed Luke Sprywalker's recipe, and simply swapped out his prepositioned legs for a Hoth Han Solo and repainted the boots, with a light was to bring out detail.  Simple, but it takes a B- figure up to a solid A.  Well worth the time.  Finally, Russian Hat Guy uses the body of Jabba's Skiff Guard, detail trimmed and sanded, with head from the Yavin Rebel trooper and a custom sculpted furry hat and wash.  Happy Holidays!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 12/23: Jabba's goons
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2015, 05:30:07 AM »
Nice. Off to share yet again.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2015, 08:12:16 AM »
Wow!  There's some great customs here.  I can't believe I've never left a comment here before.  You do great work.

That Wampa throw rug is inspired.

I really like your updated Ak-rev and Russian hat guy (a.k.a. The unidentifiable man in green as per Wookiepedia).  Did you sculpt the hat yourself or is that a GI Joe kit-bash?

So I double-clicked one of your pics and linked to your photobucket library.  Sorry.  It was an accident, but once I got in, I had to look around. When are we going to see that awesome droid?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 08:17:15 AM by Sjefke »

Offline Blue_knight

• Cadet
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »
Nice. Off to share yet again.

I have almost never replied to a post on this forum before, but I have to say, these look great. And next to that Prince of Persia Gate Set....it really makes the grade.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2015, 08:16:58 AM »
Some really good updates ! keep them coming !

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2015, 08:38:44 AM »
Thanks, everyone!  Sjefke, the hat is a custom sculpt with Aves Fixit.  Hope to post the droid shortly; I hate to overwhelm everyone with my verpine obsession.  ???? Good eyes on the gate, Blue_jedi, it is Prince of Persia.  I've been looking for a use for it for a few years now.  Happy Holidays!

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 12/28: Roche J12 Heavy Construction Droid
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2015, 08:53:25 AM »
J12 Heavy Construction Droid

The Roche Collective had high hopes for their first attempt at a protocol droid, the poorly named J9 worker droid.  When dismal sales figures failed to meet initial projections, The Collective was faced with a daunting task:  salvage the floundering robotics division from financial ruin. 

Roche engineers discovered they had one key advantage.  The massive inventory on unsold J9s meant an abundant supply of advanced Arjan II logic processors.  After a few initial false starts, the Roche design team realized its speed and memory could be retasked to the schematics, logistics, and implementation of spacecraft and platform design. 

For a power core, engineers paired this with the BPR-99 fusion reactor, and mounted it on a multilegged chassis for stability in zero-grav and hostile environments.  Bilateral hard-mounted arc welders and a customizable tool system including a plasma cutter/incinerator and power demolition claw complete the package.

Presenting... The J12 Heavy Construction Droid