Author Topic: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 10/28 Thul Fain  (Read 38559 times)

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 12/13: Mercenary Pilot and Shirtless Skiff Guard
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2016, 09:10:34 PM »
Two skiff guards, neither even honored by a name.  So sad.

Unidentified Mercenary Pilot.
Actor unknown.  Body is the K-Mart Two-Pack Exclusive AT-ST Driver, head is General Zod from Man of Steel, and the helmet an webbing is from GI Joe Retaliation Cobra Trooper.  Gloves are cast from Bom Vimdin.  Additional details sculpted in Apoxie Sculpt, with Cricut vinyl detailing.  I'd love to find a 1:18 1980s style hockey helmet that would work for this.  This custom sat for several months until I could find the right hole punch for helmet detailing.

Unidentified Shirtless Skiff Guard
Played by Larry Holt.  Fozec's best friend, apparently; identical armor.  This guy's fall is out of sequence, mixed with Velken Tezeri's defeat.  It also appears that he's running to the back of the second skiff to throw himself to the Sarlacc rather than meet his fate at Luke's lightsaber! Under that helmet is the head of the blond Endor trooper, the closest sculpt I could find to Mr. Holt that fit the helmet.  Torso and arms are Boss Fight Studios' Vitruvian Blanks "Champagne Beige."  Armor bits are cast from Lando (from whom the skirt also comes), with Apoxie, Cricut vinyl, and soft goods details.  Legs are Indiana Jones.  I constructed much of the figure concurrently with Fozec, but it was put on hold until the torso came back into stock.

Thanks for looking!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2016, 03:32:45 AM »
Nice work and great background on these characters. Off to share!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2016, 02:00:42 PM »
Great job ! You got to love those Boss Fight Studios' Vitruvian Blanks .  Great detective work on the back round of the character .  Plus a fantastic job on the helmet for the mercenary guy !   Well done

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2016, 12:02:29 PM »
Thanks!  I really like the sculpts and articulation on Vitruvian Blanks.  The scale is very slightly larger (think GI Joe), but still workable for larger characters.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2017, 06:55:10 PM »
Nice job on the last two (!) updates. Jabba will have a full skiff entourage, finally.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 1/19: Vedain, Gailid, ...and Baga?
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2017, 12:21:54 AM »
Chipping away slowly at the complement of Skiff Guards.

Vedain and Gailid:

Vedain, played by Paul Weston.
I used Vizam's head and hands, due to the lighter coloration.  Arms, hat, and feet are from the VC Nikto Skiff Guard, as is the belt piece; hat and belt are both modified a bit.  Holster is cast from that of Sandstorm Lando.  Chest is from the VC Rebel Commando.  Legs are from the VC Weequay figure.  I cast the wrist guards from Giran, and the backpack from POTF2 Barbara, and dyed the torso parts to varying degrees in Synthetic RIT Sandstone.  Collar is Cricut vinyl.  One of my favorites so far among the Skiff Guard customs.

Gailid, played by Billy Horrigan.
Gailid's body was Pax Bonkik, although Greedo would work just as well.  Head is from the Rebel Technician, with added sculpting and soft goods, and Jango Fett's comm gear.  Hands and neck are from the parts bin.  Boots are from VC Phantom Menace Obi Wan.  Belt is from Celebration Luke, with another holster cast from Lando.  Although it may be difficult to see in the picture, I gave it a metallic green wash to try to imitate the fabric sheen.  Had a heck of a time with the superglue joint rub protection on this figure; kept gluing the joints!  Grrr.  Finally got them all loose, but it wasn't pleasant.

Baga the Bordok (Realistic version.)

Really simple custom.  My kids all seem to relate to the Ewoks EU material, especially enjoying a series of customs modified and cast from baby Nippet that we've decorated together.  (Thanks to Sjefke for the idea, btw.  He's got a really great series of these.)  I found what appears to be an Icelandic pony in the Target Terra series that set me back less than $4, and, as I needed to get the creative juices going, decided they need a Baga.  I split the hooves with an Xacto knife, added horns and a mane extension out of Fixit Sculpt, touched up the paint, and added a wash.  Super fast, cheap, and fits nicely.

Thanks for checking these out!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:59:16 AM by Jaeger45 »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2017, 03:30:34 AM »
Time to load both of these up to the front page with more comments.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »
Thanks for the front page!

Offline AjuntaPall

• Captain
  • Thought is the cause of it ALL!
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2017, 01:16:44 PM »
Baga the bordok looks great. Kneesa seems to like it too  ;) man i love the ewoks
THE FORCE is strong with this one...

Roger Roger....

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2017, 02:40:44 PM »
Great job once again and i especially enjoyed how much in depth you went into on what you did for the skiff guards .  love the wrist guards on Vedain !   Just fantastic !

Offline Foxtrot Delta

• Commander
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2017, 04:46:45 PM »
Nice Ewok customs, that miniature horse reminds me of that commercial where they sing "little man" by Sonnie and Cher

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2017, 08:15:11 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement!  I've got a few more Ewoks projects in the works.  The wrist guards were a simple push mold in silicone putty, nothing fancy, but thanks!

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
Re: Jaeger45's Customs--UPDATE 2/5: Ewoks Animated Series--Teebo and Latara
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2017, 11:45:32 PM »
Continuing with more realistic versions of Ewoks from the animated series--Teebo and Latara.

Both are based on their season one appearance. 

Teebo uses Kneesaa's body and Nho'apakk's head, and a modified hood cast from Zartan.  Details sculpted in Sculpey Bake & Bend.  Latara is a Kneesaa repaint, with Tippet's hood, Sculpey Bake & Bend details, and custom necklace.

Group shot of Ewoks Animated Series main cast:

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2017, 06:16:10 AM »
Brings me back to the good ole days I used to get up to watch this show. Great work and off to share.

Offline Jaeger45

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2017, 05:40:10 AM »
Thanks!  It's hard to believe that it's been over 30 years.  They're still available on YouTube, and bootleg DVD, if anyone else has kids to share with, or just wants to relive the glory days.