Author Topic: 2014 Hasbro Toy Fair Q+A  (Read 7229 times)

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
Re: 2014 Hasbro Toy Fair Q+A
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 04:36:27 PM »
Thanks for asking my question about standardized joint sizes. That said, Hasbro's answer seemed a bit odd, as if they hadn't really given it much thought. Sure, you can't standardize joints for every figure, but there's no reason Luke and Han and other human males can't have the same neck or arm size. IG-88 is an obvious exception!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2014, 04:55:33 PM »
Thanks for asking my question about standardized joint sizes. That said, Hasbro's answer seemed a bit odd, as if they hadn't really given it much thought. Sure, you can't standardize joints for every figure, but there's no reason Luke and Han and other human males can't have the same neck or arm size. IG-88 is an obvious exception!
alternate design teams in different locations, I would guess.

I guess the whole thing with the joes is that they are designed to be re used in different configurations for future releases.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, 06:07:17 AM »
I have to be honest I really like how technical our questions were this time. Things about figure construction, joints, standardization, articulation, etc. I know a lot of folks like to see if they can squeeze an answer about a new product out of Hasbro, but in most cases they dodge those questions quickly with a canned answer.

And on another Toy Fair note make sure you check out the Facebook Image Gallery Dan has set up showing the showroom floor pics.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.640245489345687.1073741851.234428276594079&type=3

Last night he was trying to load these up to our ISY Gallery Section too, but boy was it fighting him. I will try to give that a look later today and see if we can link it if ready. Great images Dan!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, 03:24:33 PM »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2014, 09:55:28 PM »
Great work Dan but I have to ask was there any hints of any Indiana Jones products at all ;D

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2014, 12:57:15 AM »
If we learned elsewhere that any future not already tooled eu production is to be a no-go as ruled by the mouse, then what does that mean for the 6 inch republic commando question?

Eu, not tooled, not sounding good

And, if the mouse directs hasbro to stay clear of many pt releases, as was mentioned elsewhere, I guess that means that the aotc clone trooper is the only one we will see in the 6 inch line.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2014, 03:30:33 AM »
Yes, I read JTA's report that EU was done and then you see how they answered the Republic Commando question. I don't know what to think at this point, but yet we are getting a rerelease of Malgus and the Republic Trooper in the Black Series? Kinda sad that Lucasfilm has directed Hasbro to limit that.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2014, 03:49:41 AM »
I bet you CHEWIE is one happy camper today regarding the oversized helmets on Phase II Clones:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13161

I have to wonder with the prediction that they will be moving away from prequel figures how long it will be till we see that addressed. Paul got a figure Justin sent him in Derryl's hands so it might be sooner than later.

Speaking of JTA they are doing a four part series with their Q and A Sessions and here is the link to their first set. Good stuff:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13159

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 03:24:59 AM »
Jeditemplearchives.com releases the second part of their 4 part Q and A with Hasbro:

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13166

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral