Author Topic: New Tatooine Dio - W.I.P  (Read 3534 times)

Spookymufu

Re: New Tatooine Dio - W.I.P
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 04:47:11 PM »
if  I could give you some advice......

I would sprinkle on the "dirt" then once you get solid coverage spray "dirt" with a 50/50 mix of water and white glue until the "dirt" is soaked and then let dry, or use Woodland Scenics Cement to stick the "dirt" down, it's a liquid already pre-mixed and ready for the spray bottle, if you rely on just the white glue smeared on the wood base you wont get a good, full, solid coverage...

If you had something else in mind tho, then forget what I just typed...

:)

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 05:07:07 PM »
if  I could give you some advice......

I would sprinkle on the "dirt" then once you get solid coverage spray "dirt" with a 50/50 mix of water and white glue until the "dirt" is soaked and then let dry, or use Woodland Scenics Cement to stick the "dirt" down, it's a liquid already pre-mixed and ready for the spray bottle, if you rely on just the white glue smeared on the wood base you wont get a good, full, solid coverage...

If you had something else in mind tho, then forget what I just typed...

:)

Thanks for the advice man...that's what I was going to do hahahahahaha  ;D.  I'm an old model railroader from waaaaaaay back and used woodland scenic stuff all the time.  I've always used that 50/50 mix with landscape dioramas.  Works a treat.  It ways off yet once I get a second coat of the texture paste down and it dries and i'll see if I need a third then once that it all done i'll woodland scenic the base then start on covering the building in plaster bandage then texture paste then paint it then glue it down to the base and carefully fill in the gaps so it blends seamlessly into the base.
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 07:20:49 PM »
A little update on the building:  The hole this grid thing sits in will be more defined and neat when the building is covered in plaster bandage.

ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Spookymufu

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 08:55:11 PM »
Great!

Offline clone10

• Brigadier
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2014, 09:07:27 PM »
Awesome, cannot wait to see more.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2014, 06:14:04 AM »
I have been keeping up with this build on fb but had to comment here on how awesome this looks! Your styrofoam pieces are perfectly shaped! Can't wait to see more progress!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 04:24:25 PM »
Just marvelous!  I'm guessing this building will be the recipient of those "random machinery" greeblies you made in your other thread?

Offline r1bb1t

• Custom Fanatic
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 06:08:09 PM »
I love this more than anything I've seen in a while. Tatooine is my favorite planet, and your building is coming along brilliantly. I can't wait to see more, Luke!

MY HOTH DIO VIDEO WIP
feature=share