Author Topic: Clone Wars or Clone Wars?  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
Clone Wars or Clone Wars?
« on: January 19, 2014, 10:45:18 PM »
Hi everyone.

I have a question that's been nagging at me for a bit!

Does the newer CW series make the micro series obsolete or are they meant to be part of the same timeline canon thing? 
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline PROVOST

• Ensign
  • Colonel In Chief
Re: Clone Wars or Clone Wars?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:54:58 AM »
From what I recall Pablo Hidalgo of Lucasflim has stated that the Dave Filoni CW series is canon equal to SW movies.

The Genndy Tartakovsky series I am unaware of ever being in the same level of canon as the films.
You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 11:48:57 AM »
From what I recall Pablo Hidalgo of Lucasflim has stated that the Dave Filoni CW series is canon equal to SW movies.

The Genndy Tartakovsky series I am unaware of ever being in the same level of canon as the films.

Ironically, they were commissioned by LucasFilm as an official bridge between Episodes II and III, but the CG series later took precedence, even though the Tartakovsky series is considered to be a far better and tighter series of tales by many fans.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline Hand So Low

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 04:44:27 PM »
I will say that at least the micro series ended seconds before ep 111 began, which makes it canon in my book.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 03:41:50 AM »
I liked them both pretty good, but if you asked me right now which one I wanted to continue I think I would pick the Tartakovsky series. I just liked the tougher Grievous the tougher ARCs, I mean you had Durge and Obi battling on speederbikes!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 01:46:50 PM »
Let's not forget Mace Windu taking on hundreds of SBDs. Loved that episode and if I recall correctly, there was no dialogue at all (?)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 03:40:13 AM »
Let's not forget Mace Windu taking on hundreds of SBDs. Loved that episode and if I recall correctly, there was no dialogue at all (?)

You are correct. There was a big masher thingy he took down too. That was a great episode. I also like the one with the Mon Cals fight with Kit Fisto and the Scuba Clones too. Man, that was a pretty cool series.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 04:37:42 PM »

You are correct. There was a big masher thingy he took down too. That was a great episode. I also like the one with the Mon Cals fight with Kit Fisto and the Scuba Clones too. Man, that was a pretty cool series.

That was a cool episode BUT one thing I never got...If Mace could take on all those SBD's and that large smasher compactor thingy by himself then why did so many Jedi die on Geonosis in AOTC?   
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 05:12:03 PM »
I loved seeing dooku recruit ventress and then lived seeing him train grevious.
Probably my favorite episode was the anikan trial/kidnapping of palpi episode.
Loved seeing grevious now down that room of clones and the chase with shak ti fighting off the magna guards amongst the subway trains.
Just watched these with the grandson last weekend.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 02:38:16 AM »
It will never happen, but it would be cool to see this series continued.