Author Topic: 2009 evolutions sets  (Read 6660 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: 2009 evolutions sets
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »
You know, that sure does look like the same body sculpt to me, also. Did we not get a glimps of a skinnier looking prototype RC body earlier in the year? I will be upset if this is just another repaint.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2009, 03:40:40 PM »
The RC leg armor is cut differently - it covers more of the leg and has different contours.  Having said that, I *might* go on and do it to the comic-pack RC I have, just to have something semi-functional until I can buy a boatload of the EVO RC's.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2009, 06:25:20 PM »
As i stated before, i have no real shortage of clone commandos. Multiple of each Delta and Omega member, close to a dozen Scorch figs including loose and carded, as well as about 9 comic pack RCs.
The legs on the commandos are beefier and more heavily armored as Doc said.
All the pics i have been able to find of the new EVO RC are posed in ways i can not pose any of the RCs i have... which leads me to believe or hope that the new ones are better articulated below the waist.
I would like to keep the appearance of my modified self SA'ed RC as close to stock looking as possible.. even though inside I kind of feel like I am committing a sacreligious act by customizing it in this way.
Like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane into combat.. you gotta make me first.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 09:35:43 PM by dana.raye.smith »

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2009, 03:35:06 PM »
The RC leg armor is cut differently - it covers more of the leg and has different contours.  Having said that, I *might* go on and do it to the comic-pack RC I have, just to have something semi-functional until I can buy a boatload of the EVO RC's.
You know back when they came out with Omega squad I decided I wasn't going to buy any more Commando's until they updated the sculpt, my only hope now is they'll redo both Delta and Omega Squad in this new sculpt. IMO the legs on this new Commando look too narrow compared to the upper torso otherwise I think it would have turned out great.