Author Topic: The Clone Wars Series to end with Comic Book 4-Pack!  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
The Clone Wars Series to end with Comic Book 4-Pack!
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:13:17 AM »
http://www.newsarama.com/19979-star-wars-the-clone-wars-finale-debuts-in-comics.html

"In this last year of Lucasfilm’s epic decades-long partnership with Dark Horse Comics, the Oregon-based publisher will be releasing a four-part limited series titled Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir that will adapt the screenplays for what would have been the series finale of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series. Written by seasoned Star Wars comics scribe (and former editor) Jeremy Barlow with an artist to be announced, Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir sees the full-scale return of Darth Maul to the Star Wars universe and into a head-to-head battle with his former master Darth Sidious – aka, the Emperor. Barlow promises to fully delve into the world of Dathomir, as well as some of its inhabitants like Nightbrothers and even a new character called Brother Viscus."

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
Re: The Clone Wars Series to end with Comic Book 4-Pack!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 01:44:26 PM »
Looking forward to this comic more than Rebels at the moment.  I am happy we'll be seeing more of Maul, Mother Talzin, and the Nightbrothers - though I'd prefer this to be an animated feature.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 02:38:42 AM »
The more I see of REBELS and its Disney Princes and Princesses graphics the more I am dulled on it. I can almost pick out all the male and female characters they have created that correspond to characters Disney has already had movies on.

Offline darth_sidious

• Ensign
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 12:32:57 PM »
Picked up the first volume today, this is the first time in years that I've bought a comic - the CW series was strong enough to pull me in for this final Maul arc, even in comic form. 

Its a seemingly popular series, as my local comic shop has sold out of it twice already, and is on its third order.  They really should animate this arc and release it on Disney as a stand alone movie or as a direct-to-DVD feature.

The story has been good so far, I'm looking forward to the next issue.  I saw the cover for volume #4 - it looks like the end I envisioned for these characters may come to pass.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 04:55:03 PM »
I have been tempted to pick this up myself.