Author Topic: Star Wars.com releases first images  (Read 7467 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Star Wars.com releases first images
« on: December 31, 2013, 09:18:04 AM »
Star Wars Rebels Sith Inquisitor Link

It sure does look like it has the awful five points of articulation to me. You gonna get it?

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
Re: Star Wars.com releases first images
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 03:28:27 PM »
Probably will get one, but I hope they release a realistic SA one later.

Spookymufu

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 05:49:47 PM »
looks like an excuse for Hasbro to re-release that Grievous spinning light saber toy they put out a while back

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:05:08 AM »
Bah, lets ruin an exciting new line by making em all 5 POA.

Offline I-am-Boba-Fett

• Brigadier
    • Riff Valley Design Works
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 12:48:57 PM »
Hasbro messes things up again in 2014!!! Who would have thought it. Five points of articulation...REALLY!???  Cool looking figure that I'll buy then quickly add articulation too. Thanks Hasbro >:(

There's messing up and then there's messing up royally and Hasbro you are messing up royally! 5 points of articulation in 2014...Ridiculous!!!   bbfet

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 01:22:48 PM »
The (head)sculpt looks really nice, but the lack of articulation is a real bummer. Way to go Hasbro, way to go.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 03:07:57 AM »
looks like an excuse for Hasbro to re-release that Grievous spinning light saber toy they put out a while back

I thought the same thing Spooky. Those things never did sell in my stores. Here we go again.

I guess we will have to run a add the best super-articulation to your Rebels Figures Contest down the road.

Offline CHEWIE

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:50:49 PM »
Not a fan of these 5POA figures at all... never liked animated styling either... the two combined together will mean a lo less of my money spent on Hasbro product.

0/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 04:09:19 AM »
Not a fan of these 5POA figures at all... never liked animated styling either... the two combined together will mean a lo less of my money spent on Hasbro product.

Yepper, they need to call em three and three quarter statues, not action figures. Action implies movement.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 03:15:08 PM »
Animated cartoon like figure....ill pass.  Even if they were more articulated, I just prefer a realistic sculpt.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 04:22:07 AM »
Animated cartoon like figure....ill pass.  Even if they were more articulated, I just prefer a realistic sculpt.

Yeah, me too. I can see me perhaps picking up the stormtrooper and AT-DP Pilot, but other than that its probably a big ole pass. I wonder if these are gonna be at the lower six dollar price point since they are 5 POA?

Another thing I missed the first time I looked at this was that these say Saga Legends Rebels line. Does that mean there is going to be a regular line up for these too? Or is Saga Legends going to be going to full time Rebels figures? Or perhaps they will just release a wave here and there of Rebels for the Saga Legends line only? I think Toy Fair will answer some of those questions.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 03:27:51 PM »
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....POOR FORM HASBRO.  5POA!!...really Hasbro?....WTF are you lot doing?

I was really hoping this line would be SA...boy, what a let down  >:(

I'll be passing on all these figures.  Word is that the Imperial Trooper Transport will be released in this line and if so i'll grab that because I never had the Kenner version and if any of the other vehicles are good i'll grab them as well BUT if they're loaded with crappy gimmicks i'll pass on everything with this line then. 

5POA is just Hasbro going cheap n nasty. 
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 05:20:52 PM »
Yeah, I haven't really found too many folks who are gung ho on these yet.

Offline Wardog

• I'M THE GREEN MAN
  • Colonel
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 05:23:10 PM »
Me too Tamer.  I think it's very concerning that with the current MH and Mission Series at retail and the Rebels being 5POA as well what is in store for the Sequels?...will they too be 5POA?
ALL HAIL THE HIGH ORDER OF DWARF THROWERS FROM THE BIG FLOWER MYSTERY HOUSE OF BADONKADONK

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 03:10:16 AM »
I think part of my biggest beef with all of this 5 POA Stuff is as far as sculpting goes they are spending more time and giving us better looking figures in these lines than they are the multii-articulated Black Series Line. IMO they ought to at least make sure the level of sculpting is the same, not inferior. I mean look at the new Black Series Wave 2 Stormtrooper and then the Saga Legends newer version that is out now. The helmet alone on that saga legends blows the Black Series version away!